Ayo Akinola

masster

I have no idea about his personal life or his extracurricular habits, but for a guy on the bubble, that performance is just not satisfactory.  And I get that playing in phone booth doesn't exactly play to his strengths, but if you're only on for 20 minutes you have to play with energy and desire, and for crying out loud, you have to bury your chances.  That was just... ...dire.

45 minutes ago, Shway said:

Really bad... we knew this already.

He is not as bad as Ayo but both should be in CPL next season (or maybe even later this season). I’d like to think that JH as a players manager will get both loaned out this summer.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He is not as bad as Ayo but both should be in CPL next season (or maybe even later this season). I’d like to think that JH as a players manager will get both loaned out this summer.

Perruzza is worse than Ayo. At least Ayo is in positions to score. Perruzza just runs around with no purpose.

Curious how Herdman handles him. I can’t really think of a case where he cut the rope on a player who just didn’t have it. Granted hard to have a player this bad on your national team, but Herdman’s a loyal guy, so I wonder if he has it in him to get him loaned to the CPL or somewhere. I hope Kerr sticks around though. 

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Curious how Herdman handles him. I can’t really think of a case where he cut the rope on a player who just didn’t have it. Granted hard to have a player this bad on your national team, but Herdman’s a loyal guy, so I wonder if he has it in him to get him loaned to the CPL or somewhere. I hope Kerr sticks around though. 

Not sure about this. Look at Herdman with Godinho and some others on the national team - Teibert, James, Okello etc. 

I think he’ll get a bit more leash than others due to the Canada past but it won’t last past the Copa America imo (if that). 

I think this situation will work itself out.  Kerr and the draft pick (Spicy!!) will prob assert themselves as healthy better options and we wont see Ayo much unless he gets his shit together.  

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Not to mention pulling the plug on Kaye, according to the player himself.

Herdman also "chastised" Millar for not scoring vs Jamaica in Kingston. 

He can be petty enough to leave a player off for minor performance issues. And to have to rely on his brotherhood to cover his own insecurities.

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Herdman also "chastised" Millar for not scoring vs Jamaica in Kingston. 

He can be petty enough to leave a player off for minor performance issues. And to have to rely on his brotherhood to cover his own insecurities.

That never happened. Millar came on as a sub the next game and started against Costa Rica in the next window. 

Some players herdman has "cut off" to some degree
Sturing
corbeanu
kaye
Guti
Waterman
Arfield
Tiebert
ZBG
Okello
Cornelius - for a while at least
James 
Heibert
Brym
Fraser
akinola... sort of

A lot of these guys were not really regulars for herdman but he gave them call ups and didnt blindly stick to them. 

I would argue that theres very very few examples of Herdman taking a player because of loyalty vs performance. (other than arfield who retired). 

Theres some cases of players called up who were bubble guys at the expense of others but nothing that is shocking. Yes some older guys stuck around or guys like brym or fraser get call ups but these are debatable at the very least. Nothing shocking on any team selections. 

Maybe choinieres exclusion during the gold cup? 

Edited by Bigandy

22 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That never happened. Millar came on as a sub the next game and started against Costa Rica in the next window. 

Since he’s being passive aggressive in another thread again, I’m just going to thank you for demonstrating another example of [name redacted] being confidently incorrect.

It happens daily on here.