Ayo Akinola

masster

41 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Kaye played very well.  Bradley just doesn’t have the speed necessary but no one on the bench to cover. You know like Fraser. Or Priso. Or Okello.

I think Fraser would look good as Bradley's replacement right now...

I really want Akinola to succeed, but it feels like it's not working for him at TFC, he looks a step behind. It could be coaching because he did seem a lot better under Vanney. 

In my opinion, he is damaged goods, he's just had too many injuries and health issues.

10 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Kaye played very well.  Bradley just doesn’t have the speed necessary but no one on the bench to cover. You know like Fraser. Or Priso. Or Okello.

Well you figured out the system and plan, if you get rid of the guys that could replace Bradley, no one will blame you for not replacing him.  F'in boneheads.  Not you Linesman, talking about Daddy Bradley obviously.

11 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

FWIW, according to the popular online metrics, he and Bradley are two of the three highest rated TFC players this evening. 

No expert, but as far as I know, most metrics don't have stats to judge if you're in the right place or if you were supposed to close up open space or keep up with your man. 

So Bradley gets good stats but is always 10 seconds behind the play.  All he has to do is focus on passing.  Pretty easy gig if you ask me.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

No expert, but as far as I know, most metrics don't have stats to judge if you're in the right place or if you were supposed to close up open space or keep up with your man. 

Totally agree. I only bring it up because because a number of posters still treat them as gospel when they put "their boy" in a good light or dismiss them if they don't, and conversely if it is a guy they don't rate.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

...So Bradley gets good stats but is always 10 seconds behind the play.  All he has to do is focus on passing...

...so that Bernardeschi gets the openings he needs, hence the goal. Not at all sold that Bradley is the answer to what TFC needs in central midfield this season but could we at least acknowledge that he is one of the few players that can operate on the same page with what the two Serie A stars would want to try to do with other teammates as well if they were only able to?

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...so that Bernardeschi gets the openings he needs, hence the goal. Not at all sold that Bradley is the answer to what TFC needs in central midfield this season but could we at least acknowledge that he is one of the few players that can operate on the same page with what the two Serie A stars would want to try to do with other teammates as well if they were only able to?

Using that logic, lets sign up Zidane. He can still pass. 

Nothing personal, but there is just soo much wrong with this comment.  Bradley can assist, yes.  But he makes everyone around him exponentially worse.  He cannot cover ground, everyone has no idea where to be cause they're just trying to fill his gaps.  They can't just play their game and position.  Is anyone around Bradley meeting expectations?  This team is playing terribly because of him, even if he can contribute to a goal every now and then.  He has no other function or responsibility.  TFC is not good enough to have that kind of crutch on their team.  Pirlo needed Gattuso and a world class defense behind him to compensate, and Bradley is nowhere near that level of talent and/or vision.

Edited by costarg

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

He's not Italian 

But he's the perfect player for them, a guy that can fit into any system since he literally dominates and pushes the play himself, no need to rely on others but he can link up with his teammates as well...very few players are like this, not even Messi can boast this since he requires a system with a distinct subset of players designed around him to succeed.

Marek doesn't get the recognition he deserves since he opted to remain loyal the entire prime of his career with one club. A, confident, self-assured individual that doesn't care for the pursuit of top glory just for the sake of it, or how others perceive him like CR7. A true sigma male. 

image.png.7cf7aff5bea4d47e51125207c1708cf7.png

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Servania supposed to be the sub for the Kaye Bradley but… am I really to believe that Priso won’t be better in a year let alone at the same age ? Heck Fraser could have been.

Priso was traded for Kaye, so he wouldn’t have been able to be Kaye’s replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

That nice assist on Tuesday was unfortunately clouded over by another poor performance in a TFC jersey last night.

The best thing TFC could do for his development is send him out on loan to a lower level (CPL?) to revive his entire game… fitness / speed, touch, decision making, it all needs a reboot.

Unfortunately, TFC lacks striking options, so this might not even be possible.

5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

That nice assist on Tuesday was unfortunately clouded over by another poor performance in a TFC jersey last night.

The best thing TFC could do for his development is send him out on loan to a lower level (CPL?) to revive his entire game… fitness / speed, touch, decision making, it all needs a reboot.

Unfortunately, TFC lacks striking options, so this might not even be possible.

Honestly, (and I know this will sound harsh) what I think they need to do is sit him down and have a “come to Jesus” moment with him about his conditioning and put him on a serious fitness regiment.  

I don’t know how it works in pro clubs but if I was the TFC brass I would have a personal trainer driving this guy through intense conditioning workouts.  He is on $600,000 per year - and I know that isn’t high on the bell curve of pro footy players, he is still making over a half million dollars each year.  Get him in the gym and fine tune his conditioning so that he has energy for 90 minutes and can press and play at the level required.  It isn’t a talent issue IMO, it is a at least partly a fitness issue.  He just isn’t consistently showing the level of intensity that is required.   

I think the expectations for him were raised after he had a good spell in the MLS is Back tournament where he scored some very nice goals but really hasn't done a lot after that and of course his injury on his CMNT debut really devastated his career! When he was on the fence about his commitment to Canada I wasn't really too bothered because I have never really rated him, he does look off the pace frequently, some of that I think his his running style! I truly hope he can get on track, whether that is a case of better conditioning or more playing time or a combination of the two we will see, it is so frustrating to watch him struggle as he has shown glimpses of what he is capable of!

There's a pattern of overly bulking to protect against reinjury. I understand it. It may be technically wrong though, same injury playing volleyball or badminton you wouldn't do it. His physique was already heavy and he didn't really have quickness before.

I'd like him to come back because I still am appreciative he chose us over the States. Then got injured on a very dirty tackle against them.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Does this dude even want to play soccer anymore? It's painful watching him now.

I actually thought it’s the best he has looked in a while. Admittedly the bar is low and just shows how poor he has been. This should really be a floor type appearance from him. But overall thought he did well. 

Edited by canuckgbp

For his own sake, he should have been loaned out to a CPL or USL side near the beginning of the season when it was obvious he wasn’t at MLS level (be it from the injury, fitness, whatever).  
I still believe he can get back on track, but like everything TFC touches (with the exception of Franklin), it finds a way to break it.

Edited by TOcanadafan