Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I am not worried about Kone.  Still a long shot to make Qatar but with the injury problems in the middle of the park  it is definitely conceivable that he not only makes the plane, but could see the field.   

Unless Kone comes out and absolutely embarrassed himself in these friendlies he’s an absolute lock for Qatar.

Yeah, I am not worried about Kone.  Still a long shot to make Qatar but with the injury problems in the middle of the park  it is definitely conceivable that he not only makes the plane, but could see the field.   

Unless Kone comes out and absolutely embarrassed himself in these friendlies he’s an absolute lock for Qatar.

15 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

You’re not joking around when it comes to Kone 

2 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Has someone started the poll - are you worried about our midfield?  Only 4 central midfield options, 1 of whom is untested, another just coming back from injury.  Yikes!   

We play around our own midfield with the ball. 

Though I have no idea, with this midfield we have, how we defend in the middle without the ball.

Without Hutch and Oso healthy, Herdman will need to channel his inner Ferguson to give us any chance against World class opposition. Eustaquio needs help.  Love Sam, and hopeful Kone turns into something, but we are not stopping Modric and De Bruyne without our top midfield, and even with those 3 it’s a monumental task.  I’m in the Arfield camp if we are without Hutch or Oso.  There is no one else with his quality in our camp.

7 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I know what happened when others gave medical advice on here, but my wife a few years back had something similar with concussion like symptoms from a jaw alignment issue caused by a skiing accident. She tried a lot of stuff including bed rest, physios but nothing worked.  She finally went to an osteopath that realigned her skull which had been impacted by the fall. Presto. Was fine almost immediately. I am sure they have looked into that but from my experience, osteo’s are not as in fashion in Canada as other places. And physio’s treat the injury and the muscle/tissue whereas osteo’s look at the skeletal structure and fix that. I once had an ongoing hip issue that I had months and months of physio treatment to no avail. Went to an Osteo and she cracked my ankle and presto, it was gone. The issue wasn’t my hip, it was my ankle

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Without Hutch and Oso healthy, Herdman will need to channel his inner Ferguson to give us any chance against World class opposition. Eustaquio needs help.  Love Sam, and hopeful Kone turns into something, but we are not stopping Modric and De Bruyne without our top midfield, and even with those 3 it’s a monumental task.  I’m in the Arfield camp if we are without Hutch or Oso.  There is no one else with his quality in our camp.

Osorio and a near 40 year old Hutchinson haven't been doing a lot of stopping of opponents, if you're referring to pressuring and ball-winning. Piette is better at that than anyone else we have available to us. What those two do offer is close control and short and medium range passing and vision. But if we're going to be in pure shutdown mode those two wouldn't be particularly missed.

It was more that with Hutch and Eustaquio at the base, (and Hutch is still extremely good at breaking up the opposition) and Oso up top, we may actually be able to hold the ball for a few minutes at a time.  They are all cool under pressure and have more ball skill than are other mids.  Without them we will concede 70% possession instead of 60%.

4 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

It was more that with Hutch and Eustaquio at the base, (and Hutch is still extremely good at breaking up the opposition) and Oso up top, we may actually be able to hold the ball for a few minutes at a time.  They are all cool under pressure and have more ball skill than are other mids.  Without them we will concede 70% possession instead of 60%.

We never have played midfield possession. Not really once. We play high press and quick transition, then depending on the rival, if up a goal, solid defensive block and counter. 

We play to our strengths. Speed, and speed on the wings, plus skilled wingbacks or outside backs, like Adekugbe.  We don't even have strikers who play well in an attacking mid role in the middle, except David. Who would be an excellent addition to our midfield if needed and would support possession play. 

The same way I suspect Kennedy could be a DM...but less proven. 

This may change at some point, but who are our 360 vision players? Pivoting, distributing, going in support. Sam, Oso, Stack, Hutch. Maybe Kaye. Junior could do this role and is probably our most versatile player. We could ask Davies to move inside but it'd waste his virtues.

We play wide and fast, and though inferior, better rivals end up holding back their outside players and dedicating mids to double team players like Davies. This is odd as I don't know many cases like it, but we avoid our own midfield and end up nullifying parts of rival midfields by doing so.

Ps @Club Linesman.... I'd love to boss a midfield and have possession, I really would l.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

12 hours ago, jonovision said:

Osorio and a near 40 year old Hutchinson haven't been doing a lot of stopping of opponents, if you're referring to pressuring and ball-winning. Piette is better at that than anyone else we have available to us. What those two do offer is close control and short and medium range passing and vision. But if we're going to be in pure shutdown mode those two wouldn't be particularly missed.

I think the writing is on the wall now. I don’t think either Osorio & Hutch will feature prominently at the WC, if at all.

Piette or MAK we’ll be battling for that role in the upcoming friendlies.

For us to stand a chance against Belgium and Croatia. I think we should play offensively rather than defensively. Both teams are shaky defensively. If we play a defensive style with this midfield, we will get smoked.

18 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I think the writing is on the wall now. I don’t think either Osorio & Hutch will feature prominently at the WC, if at all.

Piette or MAK we’ll be battling for that role in the upcoming friendlies.

For us to stand a chance against Belgium and Croatia. I think we should play offensively rather than defensively. Both teams are shaky defensively. If we play a defensive style with this midfield, we will get smoked.

Osorio just played last weekend so I wouldn’t write him off. Hutchinson I feel is just directing all energy toward being healthy, same with Wotherspoon. 

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This may change at some point, but who are our 360 vision players? Pivoting, distributing, going in support.

To answer that question just look at Kone. He can do that job when his concentration is totally on the game. He does have two flaws that may or may not evaporate by the time Qatar comes around. He's 20 years old and has not experienced enough top flight football.  At the beginning of this season he was inconsistent. The last few games with CFM he improved immensely.  I know it's not the answer you were looking for but if either or both Osorio and Hutch are out Kone is our best option - aside from the pipe dream that is Arfield.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

To answer that question just look at Kone. He can do that job when his concentration is totally on the game. He does have two flaws that may or may not evaporate by the time Qatar comes around. He's 20 years old and has not experienced enough top flight football.  At the beginning of this season he was inconsistent. The last few games with CFM he improved immensely.  I know it's not the answer you were looking for but if either or both Osorio and Hutch are out Kone is our best option - aside from the pipe dream that is Arfield.

He's probably too young to be asked to do the job. 

In any case, I don't know why folks are ruling out Osorio. He seems to be getting better, though the whole business is concerning (not to mention we spend pages crucifying our own, being Cavallini, for almost stepping on someone but not really; while a long-term injury to a core CMNT player, caused by an errant elbow, has barely been cited, and the player not censured at all. 

I also think Hutch will be fine because the injury seems like a minor one that just needs a bit more time.

• 2 weeks later...