Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

1 hour ago, SoCalTransport said:

Sounds like Long Covid, or vax complications…I would say his World Cup is in jeopardy. I had similar issues, so if he’s reading this. He has to take Vitamin D combined with Omega 3 supplements. That helped me more than any medication I was prescribed.

He's taking notes right now. You're a godsend.

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Exactly, it could be anything. So why not long covid, or vax complications, for instance?

Weird you seemingly have a problem with that. 

Because it is reaching. There are countless ways a neurological dysfunction could occur. Just because long Covid is often associated with brain fog or cognitive imprecision, does not mean it has to be the case here either. It is also even more associated with symptoms closely resembling the entire range of core Covid symptoms, and the majority are not stricly neurological.

It's just one poster, who had one thing happen to him, and then had a doctor explain it to him, and he only partially understood it, then projecting that with no basis on Osorio. 

So yes, better to shut the f up sometimes. Especially when if a person wants to explain their medical problem, that is their prerogative; others speculating about it is disrespectful.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Because it is reaching. There are countless ways a neurological dysfunction could occur. Just because long Covid is often associated with brain fog or cognitive imprecision, does not mean it has to be the case here either. It is also even more associated with symptoms closely resembling the entire range of core Covid symptoms, and the majority are not stricly neurological.

It's just one poster, who had one thing happen to him, and then had a doctor explain it to him, and he only partially understood it, then projecting that with no basis on Osorio. 

Then why not lead with that, instead of this snide comment?

He's taking notes right now. You're a godsend.

At least you save face here, somewhat:

So yes, better to shut the f up sometimes. Especially when if a person wants to explain their medical problem, that is their prerogative.

But seriously, I just find this kind of thing weird and creepy. Like, why did the mention of covid (or maybe it was the vax complication comment) trigger such pompous and arrogant responses from you and another poster, when all he was doing was speculating based on his own symptoms? Clearly you have some built up angst toward it, which you should probably work on resolving, rather than taking it out on someone else in that fashion.

Cheers

Edited by Obinna
To be fair to Alex, he never said anything arrogant, so removed his name from this

There is a new 13 minute video interview with Osorio up at https://www.torontofc.ca/

(I can't seem to link directly to the interview, you'll have to scroll down the page). Haven't watched it fully yet but he starts off by saying his symptoms started when he took the blow to the head by Shaqiri against Chicago. For those that don't want to watch it, if he ends up saying something like "But who knows, maybe, as I sit here without a mask talking to a whole bunch of reporters, it might just be an incredible coincidence that the symptoms started with the blow to the head by that Swiss twit and instead could be because I currently have long Covid or may have had it - even though that's never been reported anywhere", I'll let people know.

15 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Sounds like Osorio should be fit for the friendlies if he's close to being available this weekend for Toronto.

I think he’ll be named to Canada’s camp, but I think it’s unlikely he sees a lot of minutes if any. The way the interview sounds, he’s dealing with something that no one has any answers to. 

Edited by SoCalTransport
Bad grammar

You know it is a slow day for Canadian footie news when we start eating our own. Nothing like a good internal squabble in lieu of a roster announcement. Come on CSA, your delay is causing strife among my fellow Vees.  In the name of Osorio's brain syphilis (you heard it here first), release the damned roster!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

But seriously, I just find this kind of thing weird and creepy. Like, why did the mention of covid (or maybe it was the vax complication comment) trigger such pompous and arrogant responses from you and Alex (and some other poster), when all he was doing was speculating based on his own symptoms? Clearly you have some built up angst toward it, which you should probably work on resolving, rather than taking it out on someone else in that fashion.

Cheers

What did I say that was arrogant? It was posted on this thread that the most likely reason Osorio was injured was because he took an elbow to the head. So anyone bringing up any other reason is pointless (which is what I said earlier this afternoon). Also, if SoCal said it sounded like cancer (for example) instead of vax complications I would have had the same reaction! 

It seems like your issue initially is how quickly I responded to your initial post about long covid and vax complications, which are both pie in the sky made up issues (in regards to Osorio) that HAVE ZERO to do with anything on here! Again, all we can go on is one thing, it’s been stated he has “neurological disfunction.” Assuming anything else is irresponsible. 

2 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

You know it is a slow day for Canadian footie news when we start eating our own. Nothing like a good internal squabble in lieu of a roster announcement. Come on CSA, your delay is causing strife among my fellow Vees.  In the name of Osorio's brain syphilis (you heard it here first), release the damned roster!

Where "slow day" = every day except game day.

Also, I think its quite clear that he's suffering from a bad case of frozen shoulder.  I get rid of mine with daily doses of A5-35, CBD/THC lotion and 6 Prairie Fire shots before bed.  I suggest he do the same.

Edited by El Hombre

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

What did I say that was arrogant? It was posted on this thread that the most likely reason Osorio was injured was because he took an elbow to the head. So anyone bringing up any other reason is pointless (which is what I said earlier this afternoon). Also, if SoCal said it sounded like cancer (for example) instead of vax complications I would have had the same reaction! 

It seems like your issue initially is how quickly I responded to your initial post about long covid and vax complications, which are both pie in the sky made up issues (in regards to Osorio) that HAVE ZERO to do with anything on here! Again, all we can go on is one thing, it’s been stated he has “neurological disfunction.” Assuming anything else is irresponsible. 

Okay!

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

But seriously, I just find this kind of thing weird and creepy. Like, why did the mention of covid (or maybe it was the vax complication comment) trigger such pompous and arrogant responses from you and another poster, when all he was doing was speculating based on his own symptoms? Clearly you have some built up angst toward it, which you should probably work on resolving, rather than taking it out on someone else in that fashion.

Cheers

You are pretty clued out to the supreme deriding arrogance of pseudo-Covid knowledge. Which many rather normal individuals who have been vaccinated have been subject to with disdain and mockery for a few years now. 

So screw them.

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are pretty clued out to the supreme deriding arrogance of pseudo-Covid knowledge. Which many rather normal individuals who have been vaccinated have been subject to with disdain and mockery for a few years now. 

So screw them.

lol

Them....whoever they are in your "normal" mind....were not even part of this discussion. 

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So screw them.

My original comments were meant more out of concern for Osorio, and the fact that his symptoms seemed unusual even for PCS. 

Maybe it was a bit of stretch to draw that conclusion but you can’t deny people are suffering from COVID and Vax related illnesses and the media tries to act like it’s all part of our imagination.

Personally I only knew like 2 people who had a stroke or heart attack my entire life. Since 2021, I lost count at 30, and these are healthy people, and it’s not like I know a lot of people.

What was mandated in 2021. I don’t need to be a medical professional to figure this out. 🤪

9 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

Personally I only knew like 2 people who had a stroke or heart attack my entire life. 

Since 2021, I lost count at 30, and these are healthy people, and it’s not like I know a lot of people.

I've known no one who had a stroke or heart attack since 2021. Before 2021 I knew of a few, including a teetotaling vegan fitness nut who had a stroke at 27 years old.

I guess since our anecdotes are the opposite, neither actually mean jack shit.

SB Nation concludes this:

"Having been involved in full training this week, Osorio is hopeful to not only make his return to MLS action against Orlando City SC on Saturday, but to also cross the Atlantic next week for the Canadian men’s national team’s September window."

from this:

"'If I’m able to get through the game (on Saturday) and feel good after with no symptoms, I don’t see why I wouldn’t go.'"

Now THAT'S my kinda Science!😉

Also from Dr. Osorio, "'I don’t know how to say this in scientific ways. The best way I can explain it is I got hit on the left side and so now the right side of my brain was compensating for my left. My left (brain) wasn’t working properly'" 

Here's the article:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2022/9/15/23355477/jonathan-osorio-reveals-extent-of-head-injury

On 9/16/2022 at 5:04 PM, RS said:

I've known no one who had a stroke or heart attack since 2021. Before 2021 I knew of a few, including a teetotaling vegan fitness nut who had a stroke at 27 years old.

I guess since our anecdotes are the opposite, neither actually mean jack shit.

People think their anecdotes are relevant while the only relevant stats are based on the necessary samples for a stat to be meaningful. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

People think their anecdotes are relevant while the only relevant stats are based on the necessary samples for a stat to be meaningful. 

I didn’t mean it as a true stat, It was an observation that something isn’t right in the world, and lots of very healthy people are having serious, even fatal health issues, including myself.