Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

9 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

He looked good. This team is so much better when he's on the field 

Yeah. That was my view (and was before he went out with injury). It was good to see he was still sharp after the lay off and hopefully the next 4 matches (2 with Canada and 2 with TFC) can get him back to full match fitness and he can maintain that when he is off for a month before Qatar

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

There was no limitation of roster size, so why not call Fraser in from the beginning?

This would have been the perfect time for Harry Paton to come in. From a Canadian soccer perspective, it's too bad he's not an option at the moment.

We trying to reintroduce Unnattached FC?

Maybe Loturi was worth a shot?

Just now, Obinna said:

There was no limitation of roster size, so why not call Fraser in from the beginning?

This would have been the perfect time for Harry Paton to come in. From a Canadian soccer perspective, it's too bad he's not an option at the moment.

Harry Paton isn’t even playing at the moment and given his legal troubles probably won’t be catching on to a club that would get him a canada call anytime soon. 

In terms of central options has Mathieu Choiniere not played in the middle a bit? 

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

We trying to reintroduce Unnattached FC?

Maybe Loturi was worth a shot?

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Harry Paton isn’t even playing at the moment and given his legal troubles probably won’t be catching on to a club that would get him a canada call anytime soon. 

In terms of central options has Mathieu Choiniere not played in the middle a bit? 

You guys both misread my post. I am not saying too bad Paton isn't being considered, I am saying too bad he is not an option to be considered (i.e. too bad he is completely on the sidelines).

As for Loturi, I thought of that. I think it's too soon for him, unfortunately. I would personally like it, but I don't see him coming in ahead of a proven Liam Fraser just because he's played a handful of SPL and cup games.

At the risk of flogging a deceased equine, I still think Nelson deserves a look - in part because he specifically plays that sort of attacking role and (I think) could spot into an Osorio-type position.   Choiniere also deserves a look - and to hell with the idea that you can only take so many CF Montreal players.   The fact is that they are lighting up MLS with Canadians making huge contributions to their success.   It would be a shame for someone like Choiniere to miss out due to some misguided quota.   

With respect to Oso home self, I have to admit that I am starting to wonder if his participation in Qatar is at risk.   I know it is only “concussion like” symptoms but actual concussion symptoms can linger for a long time.  He came back before and had a relapse and then comes back for TFC and once again steps back from playing.  Not to be a doom and gloom guy but that could be an issue that persists for a while.  I don’t know what the chances are that he misses out on the WC, but I am sure they are > 0 (greater than, not an arrow).  

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

At the risk of flogging a deceased equine, I still think Nelson deserves a look - in part because he specifically plays that sort of attacking role and (I think) could spot into an Osorio-type position.   Choiniere also deserves a look - and to hell with the idea that you can only take so many CF Montreal players.   The fact is that they are lighting up MLS with Canadians making huge contributions to their success.   It would be a shame for someone like Choiniere to miss out due to some misguided quota.   

I do think Nelson would also be a great option. Choiniere though is quietly experienced ... the guy has almost 80 appearances for Montreal at 23. 

Fraser, Nelson, Choiniere, Priso, Smith .. any of those guys I’d like to see in this camp. But maybe the idea is to move Hoilett into the middle. 

I have to be honest, for as much as I love the potential of Kone he was an absolute dumpster fire in his first Canada start. I’m not confident at all with him getting minutes at the WC.

Edited by CanadaFan123

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

I do think Nelson would also be a great option. Choiniere though is quietly experienced ... the guy has almost 80 appearances for Montreal at 23. 

Fraser, Nelson, Choiniere, Smith .. any of those guys I’d like to see in this camp. But maybe the idea is to move Hoilett into the middle. 

I have to be honest, for as much as I love the potential of Kone he was an absolute dumpster fire in his first Canada start. I’m not confident at all with him getting minutes at the WC.

He made a bad pass early in his first start and had the deer in headlights moment.  It was the best possible outcome for him to experience that when he did.  You have to be able to control the heart rate.  He was really good in his sub minutes in his first match and then suffered what something that was not totally unexpected.  He's played a lot more professional games since that experience.  He will get some serious minutes in these friendlies.  You learn and grow from times of failure.