Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, eramosat said:

osorio makes things flow much better for the national side, he's an important ingredient.  so yes, 2026 here he comes.

I think Osorio may be able to callenge Hutchinson's cap record. Crazy to think, but he's on 62 now and if he averages 10 caps a year he'll be approaching the century mark come 2026. He'll be around longer than Borjan and probably Hoilett, and he'll probably play more than Piette.

Come to think of it, Larin could possibly beat him to 100.  

6 minutes ago, eramosat said:

osorio makes things flow much better for the national side, he's an important ingredient.  so yes, 2026 here he comes.

We'll see. Age catches up to everyone, but Osorio's game doesn't particularly rely on speed or athleticism. Such a smart player, and in a different life he's had a successful European career. Nothing wrong with being a lifer with one team, though.

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Osorio may be able to callenge Hutchinson's cap record. Crazy to think, but he's on 62 now and if he averages 10 caps a year he'll be approaching the century mark come 2026. He'll be around longer than Borjan and probably Hoilett, and he'll probably play more than Piette.

Come to think of it, Larin could possibly beat him to 100.  

22 minutes ago, jonovision said:

We'll see. Age catches up to everyone, but Osorio's game doesn't particularly rely on speed or athleticism. Such a smart player, and in a different life he's had a successful European career. Nothing wrong with being a lifer with one team, though.

19 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Hutch will stand as the GOAT for many years. Not sure anyone other than Davies or David catches him.

I do not care whatever all-time Canada cap level Osorio reaches. 

Right now, he is a great sauce for the line-up.  Wish he had been ready for Qatar.  If he ends up being pushed out by 2026, or later, well, it will only be because some fantastic players show up for NT duty.  Because he is fantastic, nobody does more with less touches.  

Waiting for the NT coaching staff to deliver on all fronts.

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

Totally agree re: the European sliding doors moment. I wonder what level he could've reached had he gone to Europe earlier in his career? I feel like he'd definitely be able to play at a mid-table club in a top-5 league, or at a Champions League-regular in a lower league. Basically the same level that Eustaqio, Buchanan, Johnston, and Larin play at currently.

Edited by Wasp

That Osorio finish was more difficult than it looked and perhaps the pick of the litter from last night. First off, his off the ball movement was outstanding as always. Then, perfectly weighted ball by his clubmate Akinola, directly into his path. It's the first touch for me though that's sublime. He pushes it into the space, then holds off the defenders, opens his hips and puts it top corner with his left foot. Beautiful stuff!

On 3/29/2023 at 7:51 AM, Wasp said:

I feel like he'd definitely be able to play at a mid-table club in a top-5 league, or at a Champions League-regular in a lower league. Basically the same level that Eustaqio, Buchanan, Johnston, and Larin play at currently.

It's official, just now JDG agreed with you that he most definitely could have👀😤

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

i'd say its reasonable for him to be back by NL, maybe not for 180 mins in a weekend, but wouldn't be surprised to see him off the bench. Gold cup he should be recovered for, barring set backs

Agreed. MCL strains can be relatively minor compared to all the things that may go wrong with the knee. I have had a few of them myself. I do think returning before NL and GC is possible, but it depends on how fast he heals and how bad it was. Most likely though he's in thr squad for NL but he's IN THE SQUAD for the GC. Those group stage games would be ideal to get him back up to speed, but a semi against Panama and a possible final against Mexico or the States may be too big of an ask, even for a cameo. A lot is on the line there. I would want to see at least a few weeks of MLS under his belt before we throw him into those.