Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

18 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

I'm using Saturday's Osorio when had 9 recoveries, went 63/67 passes won 5/7 ground duels, had 3/4 successful dribbles and was the best TFC player by a mile.

Screenshot_20240401_180246_Chrome~2.jpg

Yup, he had a great game!  Love it!

And what's your point?  Are you saying he's back to starting 11 for CANMNT?  Man of one match does not a CANMNT make.  Check the tapes the past 18 months, there are some serious stinkers in there as well as some great offensive plays.  A midfielder needs to play both ways consistently, we're not there yet. 

I really hope he gets there, cause we could really use 2021 Osorio out there.  I'm hoping he makes it, another game or two like this would go a long way in proving it to all of us.  Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, costarg said:

Yup, he had a great game!  Love it!

And what's your point?  Are you saying he's back to starting 11 for CANMNT?  Man of one match does not a CANMNT make.  Check the tapes the past 18 months, there are some serious stinkers in there as well as some great offensive plays.  A midfielder needs to play both ways consistently, we're not there yet. 

I really hope he gets there, cause we could really use 2021 Osorio out there.  I'm hoping he makes it, another game or two like this would go a long way in proving it to all of us.  Fingers crossed.

You do know he had very serious head injury right? I'm also assuming you understand how those work and how long a full and "complete" recovery can take. So what he did is impressive, both glaringly obvious statistically, and for what he's been through. Also, I was only arguing about the game he had, nothing more. You going off on the CANMNT tangent is kinda weird to be honest. But if we want to go there I think even in spite of his fall in form there is still a very good case for him to be in the squad for a myriad of reasons. So what's my point? He had an impressive game. Not sure what you're on about putting words in my mouth.

Edited by PegCityCam

10 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

You do know he had very serious head injury right? I'm also assuming you understand how those work and how long a full and "complete" recovery can take. So what he did is impressive, both glaringly obvious statistically, and for what he's been through. Also, I was only arguing about the game he had, nothing more. You going off on the CANMNT tangent is kinda weird to be honest. But if we want to go there I think even in spite of his fall in form there is still a very good case for him to be in the squad for a myriad of reasons. So what's my point? He had an impressive game. Not sure what you're on about putting words in my mouth.

Totally inline with what you're saying.  Of course it's impressive, I just feel it's not fair to dismiss what the other guys were saying, we know he was a defensive liability in 2023, to deny that is bias and Osorio goggles.  They're obviously not talking about the one game or just this season.  Question of balance between D and O, and there was a gap there in 2023.

He's done so much, represents so much, great stats, hard worker, captain material and it's looking like he's on track to get back to a level we can use him.  That being said, his history and the injury doesn't give him a freebie in the CANMNT squad, it's tight with lots of young guys emerging.  CANMNT does not have the luxury to field guys that don't play both sides of the ball.  But.... he's already come a long way in fixing that so far in 2024.  I'm confident we see him at Copa and glad about that.

• 3 weeks later...