Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

23 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

Did anyone else here learn how to pronounce "Panathinaikos" by listening to Graham Leggat on Soccer Saturday?

😀Yes.... the its same source where I learnt to pronounce Hibs, Hearts of Mitdlodian,  Dunfermline,  Besiktas,  etc etc.    You had to watch that show to learn to pronounce the team names.    Once you knew how to pronounce those names,  you were officially credible in a soccer conversation 🙂

PS.:  i once messed up "Reading" (i am referring to the club here) in soccer conversation.  I felt pretty stupid 😀

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Treppy2 said:

Did anyone else here learn how to pronounce "Panathinaikos" by listening to Graham Leggat on Soccer Saturday?

I learned from him how to very audibly suck in then hold a big gulp of air any time a scoring chance was around the Canadian goal.  Against our really strong opponents, I am surprised that he didn't hyperventilate 😉

Edited by BearcatSA

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I learned from him how to very audibly suck in then hold a big gulp of air any time a scoring chance was around the Canadian goal.  Against our really strong opponents, I am surprised that he didn'r hyperventilate 😉

I loved his reaction to the play acting from Central American sides.  He would burst out in laughter

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

I thought the transfer window was closed.

If this is true, it tells me one of two possibilities has happened. Oso wants out of T.O.for whatever reason or he is deadly serious about playing in Qatar in top form and doesn't want a 6 week layoff.

1 minute ago, Sal333 said:

I thought the transfer window was closed.

If this is true, it tells me one of two possibilities has happened. Oso wants out of T.O.for whatever reason or he is deadly serious about playing in Qatar in top form and doesn't want a 6 week layoff.

The Greek window may be open still, does anyone know?

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I wish he'd actually link something. 

If this goes through one fun thing is he could bring along Illiadis and get him to commit to Canada. Granted he's a long way off being a  B teamer at the moment.

It may have actually been too hard to quote tweet the source.

Seems like this is happening.

Of course, I said that twice in the Kone thread, first about Norwich, then Sheffield United. Hopefully I haven't given this the kiss of death as well.

In all seriousness though, something to get excited about. I really like Osorio and like many of you, have always wanted to see him go to Europe. I thought it had slipped away, and I would have never guessed Greece and Panathinaikos would have been the landing spot, but that's what kind of makes it intriguing. 

Again, early days, but they are first at the moment. Adding a proven winner like Osorio should be a boost. They have no European distractions, so maybe they can break the decade plus long drought with Oso leading the way!

16 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Kind of crazy that TFC's inability to win without Osorio carried over into the Italian era. If I was a TFC fan I'd be angry about the team letting him go. 

But I'm not.

I feel somewhat mixed about it. Osorio could thrive with a full season alongside Crisito, Bernadeschi, and Insigne. 

He can't be two places at once though, and I really want to see him in Europe, so this TFC fan is not angry. He's served the club for nearly a decade. All good things come to an end.

I just hope that Bradley doesn't become the all time appearance leader next season. I want that record in Canadian hands. Oso is on 318 appearances right now, while Bradley is on 288. 

39 minutes ago, narduch said:

Any Greek readers know if this is more info? Or just regurgitating what we already know?

https://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superleague/2151263/panathinaikos-paizei-kai-toy-osorio

The Google translate is a bit of fun on that

"Jonathan Osorio has been in Toronto since 2012 and is a product of the team's academies, having never left the city since the day he was born there." 

Played amazing well at such a distance for away games. 

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

"Jonathan Osorio has been in Toronto since 2012 and is a product of the team's academies, having never left the city since the day he was born there." 

Not to mention his time in Uruguay.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Any Greek readers know if this is more info? Or just regurgitating what we already know?

https://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superleague/2151263/panathinaikos-paizei-kai-toy-osorio

Just that he’s on the list of players PAO is targeting before the transfer window ends. He seems to be this only central midfielder they have in their cross hairs which is good. Edit: Also they hope to complete at least one transfer by Thursday.

Another article I read is that the club is putting “the pedal to the metal” in grabbing him.

Edited by Metro

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

My guess is that if he is signed now, he wouldn’t start for his new club until the TFC season is over in early Oct as that is when he officially would be a free agent. 

MLS contracts generally end on Dec. 31. Or June 30, if they're the odd ones like Carlos Vela and Gareth Bale.

TFC could release him after Oct. 9, but by then the Greek transfer window would be closed anyway.

8 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

This is why I insist that goal at Azteca was so special.

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

If TFC release him early, he could just sign on a free whenever, I believe.

If he is still under contract elsewhere when the Greek window closes (tomorrow) then he has to wait for the next window to open before signing there. 

That’s my rough understanding of how it works.