CANADA SOCCER LAUNCHES ENHANCED FAN MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM

I might get some hate for this but:  

I'm going to wait to hear more details about this. I'm waiting to see: (a) if this advanced pre-sale will apply to the Jamaica game (most likely will) and (b) what is the limit on the number of tickets we can buy in the advanced presale.  

I personally see the Jamaica game as a must attend, even if we've already clinched by then. I absolutely do not want to miss that game and I'd be especially pissed if it was sold out or even like 70+% sold out by the time the non-advanced presale begins. 

I remember the Panama game they allowed us to basically buy as many tickets as we wanted. But that was when there was less demand. I'm wondering now with more demand if they're capping tickets to like 4. Cause I have a bunch of friends I wanted to bring along to this game. If it's not capped, I'll pay the $50 and split the cost amongst everyone. If it is capped, I might take my chances and hit the non-advanced presale.

Either way, paying $50 when we don't know how many games Canada will be playing in [insert your city here] over the next year is not something I personally wanna do. And will games sell out that quickly for a nations league game against hypothetical Martinique? Meh. And I suspect the CSA will want to set up a European camp in September to play against European teams. So really, how many [insert you city] games will Canada play in the next year?

Just my 2 cents.

I understand the $50 can be seen as like a donation to the CSA. But $50 is still a lot to me at this time.  

EDIT: In this next year there are 6 matchdays (not including WC). Four in June and two in September. The window in September I suspect will be a European camp. The in June will all 4 be home games? I'm not sure... and surely Vancouver gets at least one of those potential home games.

Edited by Ally McCoist

Unless you are looking at it as a $50 donation to the CSA, there's really no point paying it if you're outside of Toronto. What good is a priority ticket code if the teams never play in your city, and if they do, it's the less important games. Until the CSA comes out with some evidence that the national teams plans on actually showing up across the nation, it's a bullshit scheme. Maybe they should write in some mechanism that automatically rolls over your membership for any year when they don't play a set number of matches within travelling distance of your provincial centre.

9 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Late to the party

8615 @4:01

You're late? At 2 AM I got 9047. I guess I should have read my email earlier. Though I wonder if they'd (even have the ability) to sort by the CanadaRed signup date ...

My concerns isn't so much access to this - but who knows who'll have priority to the 2026 WC tickets.

Bought one as soon as I saw the email (#7795), mainly because it mentioned the World Cup. I’m hopeful I can make it to Qatar.

I think with the Voyageurs presale I should get in to the Jamaica game, and then after that I doubt there will be any games in the Toronto area the rest of the year. 

So really I just see this as a seniority starter for the Word Cup. Not sure if I will keep renewing until 2026, but 50 bucks is not too much for a one year trial.

1 hour ago, mowe said:

Bought one as soon as I saw the email (#7795), mainly because it mentioned the World Cup. I’m hopeful I can make it to Qatar.

I think with the Voyageurs presale I should get in to the Jamaica game, and then after that I doubt there will be any games in the Toronto area the rest of the year. 

So really I just see this as a seniority starter for the Word Cup. Not sure if I will keep renewing until 2026, but 50 bucks is not too much for a one year trial.

I suspect there was an initial number of people who registered immediately. Hopefully a couple posters here sign up over the next day or 2 so we get an idea how it is progressing.  I’m sure the rate will slow down. I registered right away for quicker access to the Jamaica game, but as a few others have noted, there is a long term outlook too.  I’ve had 5-6 people asking me to ‘assist’ them in getting tickets, a couple of them diehards who became fans after the US game.  I have to do it this way through the Canada Red and I’ll let others take up the voyageurs seats.  I hope the access is imminent here 

11 hours ago, An Observer said:

Seems they have raised almost $500k in a few hours.  Not bad for a days work

I wouldn't assume they started from order number 1. They could have started from 5000 or 7000 just to hide the actual numbers or the first X orders were part of testing the system and are not real.

For everyone that still thinks this started at 0.

• This appears to be a collective Order # from the website & not the start of this Canada Red+White Sale
  • @theaub stated this Sale started with Order #7620
  • This Red+White Sale started at 12pm EST yesterday & given @EJsens1 order number of 7646 was placed at 12:07 EST, this #7620 would make sense.
  • The latest number given on this forum is #9250

Updated to latest known purchase:

That is a total of 1,630 purchases in 28 hours (Note - there could be other purchases outside of this Membership in that 1,630 but I would think this is minimal).

So an approximation would be a total of $81,500, less taxes.

Will be interesting to see how these sales progress.

Edited by Corazon

12 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

I might get some hate for this but:  

I'm going to wait to hear more details about this.

I don't see why anyone would give you, "hate" for that, but if that's the case then I suppose I'm gonna be exiled.

I have no interest whatsoever in this scheme. Good on the CSA and good luck with it. I hope it is a huge success but I am a Voyageur, have been for a couple of decades, and that is good enough for me.

Time to pipe in: this system has no future going forward. No national team system uses anything but a possible VIP or priority system, because when demand is high it becomes a pain in the butt to manage demand with your priority guys blocking things. And then the revenue you get for having them, and the work keeping them happy, cannot match a simple case of getting good results and selling out BC Place or being paid half a million to play a friendly vs a powerhouse because of it.

Ask yourselves why no powerful footballing nation has anything of this sort set up, except as I say for high-end VIP, and even then. Most powerful nations trust their fans to show up and that is that.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Time to pipe in: this system has no future going forward. No national team system uses anything but a possible VIP or priority system, because when demand is high it becomes a pain in the butt to manage demand with your priority guys blocking things. And then the revenue you get for having them, and the work keeping them happy, cannot match a simple case of getting good results and selling out BC Place or being paid half a million to play a friendly vs a powerhouse because of it.

Ask yourselves why no powerful footballing nation has anything of this sort set up, except as I say for high-end VIP, and even then. Most powerful nations trust their fans to show up and that is that.

England, possibly the best-supported national team in world football, uses such a priority system, I believe. 

On 3/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, Admin said:

Buy it, now, right away.  Then use it to buy a ticket  to every single Canada game going forward.  This is to hedge your bets against any seniority system coming in that will give you even a better sniff at tickets for 2022 or 2026. 

This is not a recommendation for how it is going to be, but how it might be.  If any preferred access to tickets for major events is coming, it will be through this system. 

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Depending on the price of the CanadaRED+GOLD tier as an example, I wonder if some people are thinking they'll save some membership money the next few years, then go all in on that higher tier in 2025/2026 in order to be lumped in with everyone else in that same tier. It may not work out that way though, seeing @chalms04 post of the US tiers on page 2. It looks like their 2nd tier includes insiders who have paid that tier's fee from before 2019. Interesting. You may not be able to show up at the last minute and be lumped in with all the other members of that tier.

Edited by Neil R.

8 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

England, possibly the best-supported national team in world football, uses such a priority system, I believe. 

You forget where it came from: England fans were the notoriously the worst-behaved in Europe (and perhaps still are), and UEFA forced them to register and accredit supporters to weed out known violent and racist hooligans. For clubs, but also for the national team.

You couldn't travel with England without being on the FA list, or be screened through secondary systems-clubs, fan groups-- that vouched for the integrity of those buying. 

If since then they have derived a benefit system in a positive light out of efforts they were forced to put in place, all power to them. In any case, it is clear case of finding a good spin on what was a very bad situation. 

So it is rather mistaken to use England as the example, as it is has absolutely nothing to do with our case. I still hold it will end up being only residual for us, and will not hold up long term either.