CANADA SOCCER LAUNCHES ENHANCED FAN MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

I get why they are doing this. The thing that has made me hesitate for a bit is the following.

1. It says access to World Cup tickets, but if that is for 2022 in Qatar, that isn't an option for me anyways.

2. Access to home games, sounds good, but is it going to be in effect for the Jamaica game? Where are other games this year going to be? If I was outside of Toronto I most likely wouldn't buy this at all, but I am one of the lucky ones in Toronto, so the odds of there being at least a couple games here are good.

3. It says it gives me early access, but there is more coming. Maybe the black and the gold memberships are much more expensive, and maybe that will essentially make my white membership useless. If there are 100,000 black or gold members, then I'm probably not getting tickets with my white membership.

I think I will ultimately get it, but it's not as much of a slam dunk as someone as obsessed with Canadian soccer as me may have thought.

I totally understand your thoughts; had the same myself.  But I justified it by considering it a $50 donation for the last 6 months of entertainment.  #8431 here…I feel like I’m a bandwagon jumper on now.

4 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

#8378 at 2:04 pm ET.  

I'm okay with spending $50 this time around for guaranteed access to tickets but they better not make this a yearly subscription thing. Hoping it also gets me one of the first cracks at World Cup tickets in 2026.

It will certainly be an annual subscription....  but I am guessing you will need a higher tier for WC access.... but we don't know how that will work yet.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

3. It says it gives me early access, but there is more coming. Maybe the black and the gold memberships are much more expensive, and maybe that will essentially make my white membership useless. If there are 100,000 black or gold members, then I'm probably not getting tickets with my white membership.

I am hoping they will do the logical thing and give the opportunity to upgrade sans the $50 already paid, or this thing is definitely a cash grab.

2 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Yeah I signed up.  Seems to suggest there is an advanced sale on the pre sale itself 

8873294D-88E0-4D56-9EF0-1D681BEC9BEF.jpeg

The two major benefits seem to be presale to NT home games and access to WC ticket allotment. 

As someone who is unlikely to venture out to Eastern Canada for NT games, let alone the WC, I am not sure there's much benefit for me here, unfortunately. 

I am all for supporting Canada soccer financially, be it One Soccer subscriptions, CPL matches, buying merch, travelling to NT games within my region, etc., but if most of the games continue to be out east (which makes sense for the team), I don't really see the point for me, personally. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The two major benefits seem to be presale to NT home games and access to WC ticket allotment. 

As someone who is unlikely to venture out to Eastern Canada for NT games, let alone the WC, I am not sure there's much benefit for me here, unfortunately. 

I am all for supporting Canada soccer financially, be it One Soccer subscriptions, CPL matches, buying merch, travelling to NT games within my region, etc., but if most of the games continue to be out east (which makes sense for the team), I don't really see the point for me, personally. 

This is pure speculation, but I am hoping this provides the basis for doing a lot more.   I mean if we knew we were going to have 3300+ members, we would have done things differently.

If they have a large base like this they can add all sorts of value to this.  Trips, Events, Content ect...   I have no idea if that will happen, content is hard especially, but I hope this is the direction that it will go.

Don't forget Nations League....

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Where are you located brother? Why did I assume you were in Atlantic Canada?

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Are the Voyageurs an extended arm of the CSA (aka considered “Community Relations”) or we just close partners?

Through membership are we now a for profit business?

What initiatives does the CSA fund on behalf of the Voyageurs?

We are a non profit.  Everyone is a volunteer, and we all buy our tickets to games. 

Trying to clarify how a new program, which will likely directly impact how we have access to World Cup tickets seems like a sensible thing for us to talk about.   If whatever system is in place for that includes some seniority based on when you join, which is possible, I damn well want our people in there now. 

if the numbers shown here are the true numbers of memberships sold,  then we are talking about roughly 425K in revenue.   And since i dont see any majors costs for do this (on the CSA's side),  thats not an insignificant amount of money for an organization like the CSA.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

if the numbers shown here are the true numbers of memberships sold.  then we are talking about roughly 425K in revenue.   And since i dont see any majors costs for his (on the CSA's side),  thats not an insignificant amount of money.

Nah, the ticker number is Order number.  They have likely used that shopify account in the past.  It is probably approaching 1000 now. 

37 minutes ago, Kent said:

I get why they are doing this. The thing that has made me hesitate for a bit is the following.

1. It says access to World Cup tickets, but if that is for 2022 in Qatar, that isn't an option for me anyways.

2. Access to home games, sounds good, but is it going to be in effect for the Jamaica game? Where are other games this year going to be? If I was outside of Toronto I most likely wouldn't buy this at all, but I am one of the lucky ones in Toronto, so the odds of there being at least a couple games here are good.

I think I will ultimately get it, but it's not as much of a slam dunk as someone as obsessed with Canadian soccer as me may have thought.

You are making me regret my purchase.  😀

Edited by Free kick

I noticed Canada Soccer is using Shopify now - awesome. I’m not sure when that started, if it was for this sale or if they had an existing store but these order numbers would be historical from the time the store started not specific to this product. 

(Admin beat me to it above) 

Edited by grigorio

1 hour ago, theaub said:

I am hoping they will do the logical thing and give the opportunity to upgrade sans the $50 already paid, or this thing is definitely a cash grab.

Sure, but if let's say the next level is $250, that would still be sinking $200 and for all I know the only thing it would get me is a pre-sale to a Canada vs Grenada Nations league game that won't sell out anyways.

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

So I signed up, got an order number and it charged my CC but I didn't get an email? Anyone know who I contact? (I've checked spam folder). 

No idea who to contact. If you are on gmail, did it go to your promotions folder? That's where mine went.

#8584, 3:35pm Eastern.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

No idea who to contact. If you are on gmail, did it go to your promotions folder? That's where mine went.

#8584, 3:35pm Eastern.

I'm order 7867. Can't find anything. Saved a screen grab at least of the order confirm.