CANADA SOCCER LAUNCHES ENHANCED FAN MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM

1 minute ago, Pottsy3 said:

if no one on a forum for hardcore canadian soccer fans got below 7000, methinks that the numbers didn't start at 0. Anyways, I'm #8345 at 1:57pm EST

Yeah, they didn't. I assume they used Shopify for something in the past. It is not a membership number, it is an order number which will just tick up.

10 minutes ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

Again thanks Jamie for extending the Voyageurs purchasing window so we don't have to scramble between the two codes, especially if the Canada White max tickets are 4.

Yeah, to a single game, if the limit is 4, this is a $12.50 premium  per ticket for essentially guaranteed access. 

2 games?  6.25
3 games? 4.20

....and yet no mention of onsale dates....if they sell 10,000 of these things and offer 2-4 tickets each per member - that should eliminate any necessity for onsale dates for regular Canada Red folks as they will never see any tickets anyways....in the same way that a "general public" onsale date was relatively useless last time too, as clearly they did not hold tickets back for the public sale last time (even in December with the full stadium being sold, the tickets were gone before the "regular sale").... 😄

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm personally not a fan of this system as I think it's a slap in the face to long time fans. At the very least they should have given a 1 year free access to the extra tiers to current subscribers.  

I really hope that if the CSA wants to capitalize on this, that at minimum, they invest in higher capacity stadiums and grass fields. Because right now, our stadium infrastructure is a joke.

I agree that stadiums are joke but its not the CSA who can or should finance infrastructure improvements.  Thats up to the clubs,  local governments etc.  

Edited by Free kick

I get why they are doing this. The thing that has made me hesitate for a bit is the following.

1. It says access to World Cup tickets, but if that is for 2022 in Qatar, that isn't an option for me anyways.

2. Access to home games, sounds good, but is it going to be in effect for the Jamaica game? Where are other games this year going to be? If I was outside of Toronto I most likely wouldn't buy this at all, but I am one of the lucky ones in Toronto, so the odds of there being at least a couple games here are good.

3. It says it gives me early access, but there is more coming. Maybe the black and the gold memberships are much more expensive, and maybe that will essentially make my white membership useless. If there are 100,000 black or gold members, then I'm probably not getting tickets with my white membership.

I think I will ultimately get it, but it's not as much of a slam dunk as someone as obsessed with Canadian soccer as me may have thought.

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

Good work everyone.

We can know afford to send a full international player to the next window in lieu of Cristian Campagna 

Maybe Christian was an early member of the CanadaRED+BLACK tier.  For $15K a year, you get to travel with the team, take part in drills and be a part of victory photoshoots in the locker room.

Damn, that actually sounds pretty good.  Would love to rock the James Worthy sport goggles and headband look on the pitch with these kids during training sessions.  Only downside would be that the training videos that they put on twitter would always have someone in the background yelling: "OW!  My goddamn hamstring!"

2 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

#8378 at 2:04 pm ET.  

I'm okay with spending $50 this time around for guaranteed access to tickets but they better not make this a yearly subscription thing. Hoping it also gets me one of the first cracks at World Cup tickets in 2026.

This will 100% be a yearly subscription and anyone getting a first crack at 2026 tickets will be paying a lot more than $50 per year.