CANADA SOCCER LAUNCHES ENHANCED FAN MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM

3 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

And USA

One thing that might make it more worthwhile for USA than for us is the fact they get to host the continental championship every 2 years, and will likely continue to host the Nations League playoffs as well (but seriously, let another country at LEAST host that. It's just a couple games!)

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

So who do I contact if ive paid for red + white membership but havent received my code?

To elaborate on the answer above, people have gotten an email to confirm the red + white membership purchase, but not the code for the Jamaica advanced pre-sale.

6 hours ago, Kent said:

To elaborate on the answer above, people have gotten an email to confirm the red + white membership purchase, but not the code for the Jamaica advanced pre-sale.

Correct.  I suspect those codes will not go out until shortly before the sale begins.  

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.  I suspect those codes will not go out until shortly before the sale begins.  

Which all makes perfect sense. I just think people would feel a lot more at ease if Canada Soccer had at least sent out a "Welcome to the club" Email that explains how things will work next week for members. 

While I accept that joining the club is not prohibitive, it still is lame that they are being so opportunistic.  To have to pay for the right to pay service fees (almost certainly) for the right to pay for a ticket does feel like gauging, and to have them do it at this very moment hurts - though I understand it's good business - regular fans. 

There are stadiums in this country with double the capacity of BMO, and so if they're looking for additional revenue why not just sell more tickets?  And furthermore, this is coming at a time when they are generating more revenue than ever: even the limited capacity at Hamilton was better than the old days at Swangard.  

But people will pay it. I will probably because I dont a membership here and so if I want to go to the game it's my best option.

It's interesting reading some of the takes on here. Some of the people complaining about this system are the same that complained about how difficult it was to get a seat back in January. If open season is too difficult to beat bots/opposing fans/casuals and paying $50 for a year of guaranteed seats are both so wrong, how would you rather Canada Soccer make it fair? I'm genuinely curious as to what some of your ideal scenarios are

4 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

It's interesting reading some of the takes on here. Some of the people complaining about this system are the same that complained about how difficult it was to get a seat back in January. If open season is too difficult to beat bots/opposing fans/casuals and paying $50 for a year of guaranteed seats are both so wrong, how would you rather Canada Soccer make it fair? I'm genuinely curious as to what some of your ideal scenarios are

The main reason why tickets sold out so fast in Hamilton was because of the half capacity. When it was full capacity in the initial sale, tickets sold out in the CanadaRed presale (which is free and anybody can sign up). Plus THF has like what 10k less capacity than BMO? Plus BMO has the ability to add some temporary extra capacity.

This Jamaica was always going to be high demand simply because it's the end of WCQ where we are about to clinch. But there will not be the same demand in Nations League games to justify a $50 paywall. I'll be damned if tickets sell out in the presale in a game vs Martinique.

Edited by Ally McCoist

57 minutes ago, Admin said:

THF was 22K and a bit.  I think BMO for a FIFA game is close to 24.   They can't add extra seating or use the standing areas for a WCQ.

There were 26,600+ announced at the Canada v Panama game at BMO. I thought temp seating was allowed for WCQ?

1 hour ago, Admin said:

THF was 22K and a bit.  I think BMO for a FIFA game is close to 24.   They can't add extra seating or use the standing areas for a WCQ.

Its definitely more than that. There were almost 27k for panama and I recall just before game time there were a couple hundred unsold seats dead centre in the last few rows of the upper east side. 

im pretty sure seated capacity at bmo is as follows:

west side 10k

east side 14k (used to be 7k before the upper deck addition)

south side 3k 

27k before field level, north end and standing room seats

4 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

The main reason why tickets sold out so fast in Hamilton was because of the half capacity. When it was full capacity in the initial sale, tickets sold out in the CanadaRed presale (which is free and anybody can sign up)

I'm referring to when it was sold at full capacity, it didn't hit general sale either. I also know a few people with CanadaRed who weren't able to get tickets

4 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

This Jamaica was always going to be high demand simply because it's the end of WCQ where we are about to clinch. But there will not be the same demand in Nations League games to justify a $50 paywall. I'll be damned if tickets sell out in the presale in a game vs Martinique.

I can understand this, but we're not paying $50 per game. Even if you're only using it for one game, let's say you're buying for a family of four, if i told you for $12.50 you can guarantee seats for yourself, you'd consider that outrageous? 

I guess we have yet to see what this means in terms of other perks, but you could save that $50 on our future World Cup jerseys or help to improve someones odds at actually getting tickets for Qatar... I personally don't consider that a terrible deal altogether, but to each their own I guess

23 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I thought temp seating was allowed for WCQ?

There has to be a grade differential or permanent divider between the seats and the field. Any field-level seats are disqualified from use (see every BMO Field WCQ ever), as are standing-room areas (see the "party decks" at THF and Commonwealth).

1 hour ago, RS said:

There has to be a grade differential or permanent divider between the seats and the field. Any field-level seats are disqualified from use (see every BMO Field WCQ ever), as are standing-room areas (see the "party decks" at THF and Commonwealth).

I assume  temp bleacher seats if installed in the north section would qualify? 

2 hours ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

Anyone buy a Canada+ Red and White membership yesterday or today?

I just bought mine in the last 10 minutes.

Assuming a slightly more optimistic scenario than the one @Corazondescribed, where memberships started at #7500 and the CSA hasn't yet sold anything else on Shopify since the Red+White sales started, that's:

2686 × $50 = $134 300

or just under 97 000 Swiss Francs towards our eventual fines when the South End of BMO Field is filled with smoke from the victory flares of a certain TFC supporter group :D

I see that they also have Red & Gold, as well as Red & Black coming soon.  Seriously, what are they going to offer for those (expectedly) higher levels?  I feel like they're mimicking Air Canada with all these categories!