CANADA SOCCER LAUNCHES ENHANCED FAN MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM

I have a hard time believing that they have actually sold over 8,000 memberships at this point so quickly. Especially considering anymore years seems to be north of 7K, no that many were sold without Vs involvement right out of the gate. 

16 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I have a hard time believing that they have actually sold over 8,000 memberships at this point so quickly. Especially considering anymore years seems to be north of 7K, no that many were sold without Vs involvement right out of the gate. 

The CSA has been using Shopify for some time now. So the 7000+ is probably from selling previous items. This new membership probably sold ~1000 so far.

I understand why Canada Soccer is doing this, but I also don't see it carrying any value for anyone outside of Toronto or Vancouver. What are the odds Canada is going to play in other markets over the coming year? The biggest issue will probably become grass, are cities going to step up and lay grass down on artificial pitches? 

I also hope Canada Soccer is ready for the explosion of attention they will be getting over the next year. 

8 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

We’re pushing over 2000 people for this already it seems.  Will the game sell out before it even hits the pre sale? Imagine writing this 8 months ago?

They said 85k were on the previous CanadaRed list. So, it won't take much of a conversion rate to sell out BMO.

#8795.

If people are going to be getting individual codes, and this is being advertised as giving you an advance pre-sale, would they consider capping the number of members? I know so far it's only 1 or maybe 2 thousand people that have bought in so far (in less than a day), but it's going to be disappointing for anyone if they drop $50 on this and try to buy tickets right when they become available and get shut out.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

If people are going to be getting individual codes, and this is being advertised as giving you an advance pre-sale, would they consider capping the number of members? I know so far it's only 1 or maybe 2 thousand people that have bought in so far (in less than a day), but it's going to be disappointing for anyone if they drop $50 on this and try to buy tickets right when they become available and get shut out.

I can’t see them limiting numbers like the Voyageurs have.  What will be more interesting if they limit purchases to 2 or 4 tickets.  

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can’t see them limiting numbers like the Voyageurs have.  What will be more interesting if they limit purchases to 2 or 4 tickets.  

Any unofficial advice as to certain days next week (?), that we should keep our mornings open for the furious copying and pasting of randomised alphanumeric codes into little boxes, and/or watching a number go from 2000+ to Zero in 20 agonising minutes or more.....you know, just your usual regular morning exercises.....😄