WCQ: Third Round - Window 3 (November 12-16, 2021)

dyslexic nam

Just saw that Tomori was not called for the Three Lions.

Their last official matches in qualifying, before the WC, unless they go to the playoffs. So that is pretty damning for Tomori, considering the call up is important.

England are not yet qualified, they play Albania and San Marino, so that is three points but if they don't get six and Poland do they go to the playoffs in the spring.

But I hear some people said Tomori in the reply to Wheeler, so what gives.

Even if Wheeler had not been given the Tomori tip, if I were the guy, after this snub, I'd jump ship for Canada for sure. 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Their last official matches in qualifying, before the WC, unless they go to the playoffs. So that is pretty damning for Tomori, considering the call up is important.

England are not yet qualified, they play Albania and San Marino, so that is three points but if they don't get six and Poland do they go to the playoffs in the spring.

Even if Wheeler had not been given the Tomori tip, if I were the guy, after this snub, I'd jump ship for Canada for sure. 

I thought Tomori was gone now that he played for England again this year?

13 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Seems like Gloire Amanda. Doesn’t fit the “very good country” part though…. Tanzania is 130th…. Tied for 1st in their group…. Not sure on CAF qualifying works other then they get 5 slots I believe.

Maybe just embellishment from Wheeler about the very good country part. 

2nd round CAF is 10 groups of 4 teams, with the group winners making the final round, which is a home-and-away. That's where the 5 spots come from.

Right now Tanzania are in a good position to advance, I think they wrap up the round this window.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Sebastian Breza is another option. Eligible for Norway, who can be said to be a good national team and also looking at their roster it's realistic that he would be called.

I think there are better Norwegian keepers than Breza.  And he would only be our third keeper (at best).

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Kind of goes against the whole "he's wanted by another nation for WCQ" thing.

Plus he's not eligible afaik

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I think there are better Norwegian keepers than Breza.  And he would only be our third keeper (at best).

There are but that doesn't mean they wouldn't call him as a 3rd option. The 3 keepers they've called are all over 30 so why wouldn't they want a young keeper to be 3rd?

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There are but that doesn't mean they wouldn't call him as a 3rd option. The 3 keepers they've called are all over 30 so why wouldn't they want a young keeper to be 3rd?

I'm just not that convinced of him.  Big unit but still not convinced of his abilities yet.

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The player would be playing this window which Tomori cannot. Earliest was late next year but now he has another cap so does that get pushed another 3 years?

Edited by canuckgbp

Just now, Bison44 said:

Wheeler has given us incorrect hints.....if we really havnt mentioned him or wont guess him we have to think outside the box.  

"when you have eliminated the possible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”  Sherlock Holmes

Pretty sure that Holmes is captied to England.