WCQ: Third Round - Window 3 (November 12-16, 2021)

dyslexic nam

Wonder how all the pieces are now going to fit up front? David, Davies, Buchanan, Ugbo, and Larin. That's a long jam, especially when you consider Hoilett, Millar, Corbeanu, Cavallini and Akinola when he returns, not to mention Jebbison if he commits down the road.

Near term, I wonder what this means for Cavallini in particular...

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Wonder how all the pieces are now going to fit up front? David, Davies, Buchanan, Ugbo, and Larin. That's a long jam, especially when you consider Hoilett, Millar, Corbeanu, Cavallini and Akinola when he returns, not to mention Jebbison if he commits down the road.

Near term, I wonder what this means for Cavallini in particular...

Don't think we need to force people in. Just last window we played Brym so there's always going to be opportunity for people to step up through injury, suspensions, etc. With Cavallini's form dropping, and Akinola having an uphill battle, this is some welcome depth in the number 9 role.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is it safe to say Cavallini won't get called this window?

I pretty much assumed he wasn’t getting the call even before this announcement. He’s  been a complete non factor when he gets on the field, and looks slower than the defenders who’ve been running the whole game. What’s worse is he’s pouty about it. You can’t have your energy guys throwing hissy fits and quitting on plays. Leave him off to get fit and try to sort his game out. As it is, the Whitecaps have to be looking to unload him.

BAH!! When Cav came back to the fold no one wondered whats going to happen to Haber or Simeon Jackson??  I dont know who this Ugbo is, dont know how he is CDN, but if he is better than CAV or AKINOLA etc...well trot him out and see what he can do.  More depth is never a bad thing.....

And so much for Herdman not wanting new faces to upset the chemistry/brotherhood the guys have going, or him not wanting to try out new players this late in qualifying.    

Just now, footballfreak said:

I pretty much assumed he wasn’t getting the call even before this announcement. He’s  been a complete non factor when he gets on the field, and looks slower than the defenders who’ve been running the whole game. What’s worse is he’s pouty about it. You can’t have your energy guys throwing hissy fits and quitting on plays. Leave him off to get fit and try to sort his game out. As it is, the Whitecaps have to be looking to unload him.

This is all true but Herdman has talked many times about Cav's presence in the locker room..he may be called for that alone