WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Perspective time:

The game isn't over, but Jamaica is leading Honduras 2-0 in SAN PEDRO SULA.

Three days ago, many were saying that tying Jamaica was dropped points.

Trying to predict CONCACAF is black magic.  If you get points, any points, take them and run.

And Jamaica pulls out the win.  Regardless of what players they might be missing, that team is not a pushover.  0-0 in Kingston is not that bad.

Also, Honduras is last, so that is great.

5 pts this window, 10 after 6 games. If you had told me we were at 10 after 2 windows before the start of the campaign, I'd have been pleased but not thrilled. I would have thought it'd be 3 home wins against HON/ESV/PAN and a draw away at JAM though.

So 2 extremely hard away draws made up for dropped pts at home against HON. Not making it easy on ourselves, but we're on pace.

Booking my tickets to Vancouver for January now...

We were missing our leading goal scorer, our captain and talisman, our starting goalkeeper, Scott Kennedy, Junior Hoilett, Cavallini...

and we took 5 points from a tricky window and comprehensively beat our closest rival for the last spot.

If you told us that beforehand, we would have taken it every single time. Jamaica was a missed opportunity, but nothing in CONCACAF is given. Onwards to Edmonton.

Get healthy guys.

Edited by footballfreak

While the point totals are fairly close in spots, the goal differential of the current top 3 compared to the rest is just staggering.

The current top 3 are either +6 or +5. Everyone else is either even or under water. Quite the visual.