WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

Americans need to calm down, but it is entertaining.

They didn't qualify in 2018.

Team is young. 

They lost tonight from an unlucky OG. 

They will be fresh to get 3 points off Costa Rica and likely be sitting in 2nd by the end of the window.

However, if Costa Rica gets a result at USA away, going to get really interesting over in the US.

Edited by apbsmith

51 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I tuned in briefly to a live youtube chat between Jimmy Conrad and Heath Pierce and discovered it's not just the US fan base that is OTT with their reactions. The two were discussing whether it would be possible to get Jesse Marsch to take over mid-qualifying from Gregg Berhalter.

I cold see the USSF pushing the button on Berthalter's ejection seat if Tuesday's game goes awry.

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

After match 4 everybody was ready to crown Mexico,  Canada and the US as the inevitable top 3.

However in a 3 hour span on Sunday it is totally different. Now it looks like Mexico will do their thing and it might be a 5 way battle fo the other 2 spots.

Screenshot_20211011-080948_FotMob.jpg

I think you can drop ES from the group of 5 fighting for 2nd and 3rd. 

12 hours ago, sstackho said:

Here is how the Top 3 simulations look depending on the results of the next match against Panama.

image.png.c0d691ff57179cecc3536046a75afa56.png

So, yeah, it's a pretty big game. 

The other Game 6 matches don't move the needle all that much for Canada. 

Yikes… this game is huge.  It’s best we take care of this Panama problem on Wednesday then.

wow a bolanos who looked washed up four years ago with vancouver and saborio who completely retired four years ago and came back...but never know they could still bring something...and could also be to stabilize them mentally ahead of usa while probably believing they could get one or three points out of it after that loss to panama

The lineup for the US was more shocking than the result. In other words, if you've been paying attention, the result shouldn't surprise you. Zardes, Arriola, Lletget, Acosta, and Roldan did more harm than help. We want to see what De La Torre, Busio, Hoppe, and/or Richards can do. Give them a fair shot and stop playing favorites!!!

Okay, based on my highly scientific analysis--and with years and years of being a super qualified predictorer--I've looked at the final nine games of qualifying, and I've determined we will end up with 22 points. Will that be enough to automatically qualify? I sure hope so.  

(As for my methodology: Don't overthink it. Trust your gut. Don't overestimate this team, but don't underestimate it either.)

So, y'alls can rest easy now, knowing we got this.

8 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Okay, based on my highly scientific analysis--and with years and years of being a super qualified predictorer--I've looked at the final nine games of qualifying, and I've determined we will end up with 22 points. Will that be enough to automatically qualify? I sure hope so. 

Should be, according to some overly-processed random numbers:

image.png.c6f1c5224df598c0c08b2e764b1fb372.png

We do have Mexico US away out of the way.

One of the interesting nuggets coming out of the first few games is there seems to be very little separating all the Central American teams. Seems to be creating a log jam of teams .

We NEED to win this next game. I think its beyond huge. 7 home games and I think you'll need to pull at least 4 wins from that. A tie or lose will make that extremely difficult to achieve 

Edited by SpursFlu