WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Herdman said in an interview that they already did something similar to us. They made us test twice. 

Thanks. I didn't know that. In that case, it's even steven. Not sure I support it though.

And since you are theorizing about the FHF making things up to save face, why not extend that to Herdman? If you are going to be skeptical of Haiti, why not Canada? Aren't you just extending the benefit of the doubt to our side here? 

I don’t really have much time  for all this who’s playing and who’s done what with COVID tests. For me it’s a non starter.

The boys need to focus and do their thing.  At the end of the day this group of amazing Canadian lads at their best they will challenge anyone in Concacaf. 

Go Canada go!! 

Edited by spitfire

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Thanks. I didn't know that. In that case, it's even steven. Not sure I support it though.

And since you are theorizing about the FHF making things up to save face, why not extend that to Herdman? If you are going to be skeptical of Haiti, why not Canada? Aren't you just extending the benefit of the doubt to our side here? 

I suppose I could but that would just seem a petty thing to lie about on camera, especially for a coach who preaches honesty with his own players. 

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did they really do much forcing? If so that's news to me. Every country is going to want to host at home, even during a pandemic and civil unrest. If you are not cool with them hosting (which you shouldn't be), it would be FIFA you'd have to look at, not Haiti. The FHF are not going to voluntarily give up their right to host games. 

Their FA definitely would have been asked can you host and a) protect the other teams and b) make it safely to your next fixture if you host on this date, and if not let us know and apply for an exception.  You're right FIFA/CONCACAF should be the ones judging their assertions and failed here too.  

That said they clearly said they could host and do both, I'd argue questionable logic on both fronts.  They were clearly wrong on point 2.  Zero sympathy from me.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I suppose I could but that would just seem a petty thing to lie about on camera, especially for a coach who preaches honesty with his own players. 

I agree. It would also be petty for the FHF to make up lies about the CSA not adhering to whatever testing protocols are expected. Not saying that is not the case, though, just saying if we are being skeptical we shouldn't be one-sided about it. 

3 minutes ago, Footscray said:

Their FA definitely would have been asked can you host and a) protect the other teams and b) make it safely to your next fixture if you host on this date, and if not let us know and apply for an exception.  You're right FIFA/CONCACAF should be the ones judging their assertions and failed here too.  

That said they clearly said they could host and do both, I'd argue questionable logic on both fronts.  They were clearly wrong on point 2.  Zero sympathy from me.

Fair enough. I am not in the business of defending the FHF. Just wanted to point out it's FIFA's responsibility, ultimately.

The FHF fulfilled their role in hosting. The match was completed safely without incident. We brought extra security, which was our own choice (and the right one). I don't see any reason to blame the FHF for anything. 

15 minutes ago, Footscray said:

b) make it safely to your next fixture if you host on this date, and if not let us know and apply for an exception.

This wasn't a visa issue. This was a US regulation prohibiting entry to those of certain nationalities from entry into the USA if they had been to Europe in the 14 days prior.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

Despite the absurdity of the regulation, the problem here is FHF incompetence in not bringing in their Euro based players into Haiti early enough.

15 minutes ago, Footscray said:

a) protect the other teams

As far as we know, no player from Belize, Nicaragua or Canada caught COVID19 or was harmed in any way in Haiti.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I frankly couldn't give a crap what the truth is. We spent decades trying to take the "higher road" against opponents going full CONCACAF.

Our association's duty is to give us every possible advantage in the pursuit of on field results. If they found a way to mess with an opposition team before a critical match, job well done. Keep it up.

3 minutes ago, hulkrogan said:

I frankly couldn't give a crap what the truth is. We spent decades trying to take the "higher road" against opponents going full CONCACAF.

Our association's duty is to give us every possible advantage in the pursuit of on field results. If they found a way to mess with an opposition team before a critical match, job well done. Keep it up.

If we're going to go full Concacaf, I'd rather do it administratively, as opposed to having our guys rolling around on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, hulkrogan said:

Our association's duty is to do well by our players in all aspects (health, security etc). If next time we ask for extra security or other staff to be accredited, we want the hosting association to be kind enough to say yes, knowing that they will be treated with equal respect in our venue.

If the FHF's claims are true, ( I have no idea if they are ) this makes the CSA look very bad. It has the potential to be detrimental to us in the long term.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

56 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This wasn't a visa issue. This was a US regulation prohibiting entry to those of certain nationalities from entry into the USA if they had been to Europe in the 14 days prior.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

Despite the absurdity of the regulation, the problem here is FHF incompetence in not bringing in their Euro based players into Haiti early enough.

As far as we know, no player from Belize, Nicaragua or Canada caught COVID19 or was harmed in any way in Haiti.

How did our Europe-based players get to the US for the Aruba game?  e.g. Davies played in Germany on May 22 and against Aruba in the US 14 days later on June 5. 

Just now, sstackho said:

How did our Europe-based players get to the US for the Aruba game?  e.g. Davies played in Germany on May 22 and against Aruba in the US 14 days later on June 5. 

Something about travelling through a 3rd country. 

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Translated from Haitian Creole by
Flag of Haiti Duckens Nazon: "I feel like we've respected the opponent too much. I think the fool shows another face (tonight). The fool is aware of the kind of shit there is. I think we will win "

Man you're shorthanded and now giving us bulletin board material. Love it.