Ralph Priso

Shway

2 hours ago, yomurphy1 said:

Yeah. Osorio was balling out at DM last year. I've always been a fan but he was defensively sound, moved the ball, and used his dribbling to absorb pressure.

Agreed, especially about absorbing pressure. He was by far the most comfortable and capable player we had in connecting passes when our opponents were high pressing us. There were a couple of games when we had Bradley and Delgado playing deep and they were horrific when teams pressed high. Just one give away after another. I distinctly remember matches against NYCFC and Union last season with those 2 in mid and we were completely outplayed in those matches.

At risk of sounding daft, can somebody clear up for me what this kid's name is? His first name is Ralph. I get that. However, is his family name Priso, or Mbongue? And he has a younger brother in the TFC system, I understand. He goes strictly by the family name of Mbongue?

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

At risk of sounding daft, can somebody clear up for me what this kid's name is? His first name is Ralph. I get that. However, is his family name Priso, or Mbongue? And he has a younger brother in the TFC system, I understand. He goes strictly by the family name of Mbongue?

Could be different parents but he is Ralph Priso-Mbongue, and his brother is Hugo Mbongue likely that they have a different parent. 

He's very good for his age and making plays beyond his years.  Very impressed by him.  What a player! The transition from defense to offense is quick and with purpose.  Once he sync's up with better players or the team understands one another better to make the correct runs off the ball he will really shine.  Sometimes an errant pass is someone making the wrong run off the ball making the passer look silly.

27 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Him and Bradley were bossing that midfield yesterday, the guy put in a shift.

He had some bad giveaways though but I really liked his tackling. Probably some rust in him still but man he should have played more last season.

12 hours ago, Shway said:

Do you see the similarities I see in Baldy.

I think Baldy is more of a distributor. He gets his head up and looks to play that Hollywood ball and he can really hit it. Priso gets his head up and seems to want to drive forward in to space. It was my first time seeing him but that was my impression 

Edited by SpursFlu

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He had some bad giveaways though but I really liked his tackling. Probably some rust in him still but man he should have played more last season.

He did, but also a lot of TFC's chances came from him pressuring players and causing turn overs and immediately looking to play the ball forward once he had it. You wouldn't have guessed he was 18 from seeing him play.   

40 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

He did, but also a lot of TFC's chances came from him pressuring players and causing turn overs and immediately looking to play the ball forward once he had it. You wouldn't have guessed he was 18 from seeing him play.   

I’d agree there, the team looked disjointed at times so it wasn’t just him. 2 games in so not so much worry.