Jump to content

Ralph Priso


Shway
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Shway said:



For this very same reason I think it’s a missed opportunity for the CPL clubs to not  have or even consider having academies especially York 9 and Forge. Especiallllly with OPDL operating the way it does. 

3 teams sort of already have them.

Sigma is basically Forge's academy.

Cavalry has Foothills.

And FC Edmonton has a youth team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

So, nothing but empty speculation from a self-appointed Twitter in-the-know who exhibits the football knowledge of an amoeba while trying to put himself forward as some kind of expert? I'll wait for something more, thanks.

He has made some accurate calls in the past. Notably called Ballou Tabla for Canada months before it was announced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, narduch said:

3 teams sort of already have them.

Sigma is basically Forge's academy.

Cavalry has Foothills.

And FC Edmonton has a youth team.

Is the only CPL club that has/had an actual academy team. (Does it still exist?)
The sort of is just using how the teams were initially built. 

It doesn't have to be a full fledge academy, but what York9 did when they sponsored a York Region select team to play against TFC and Juve is essentially what I think should happen more consistently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is the only CPL club that has/had an actual academy team. (Does it still exist?)
The sort of is just using how the teams were initially built. 

It doesn't have to be a full fledge academy, but what York9 did when they sponsored a York Region select team to play against TFC and Juve is essentially what I think should happen more consistently. 

FC Edmonton has an U-20 team that plays in the ASML.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

So, nothing but empty speculation from a self-appointed Twitter in-the-know who exhibits the football knowledge of an amoeba while trying to put himself forward as some kind of expert? I'll wait for something more, thanks.

Lol, regardless of your opinion he still has still proven that he had legitimate info coming out of Vancouver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

He was fantastic today, electric from the start. He ooozes confidence, isn’t afraid to play it forward. I’m not the most knowledgeable but I truly believe he can play multiple roles in the midfield.

he sprung TFC to life, I do believe he’s ready to start and Vanney must think he’s close if he’s playing him. If he starts the game I think it’s a different result. 
 

crowded TFC midfield but he’s one of the pieces to the puzzle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He was fantastic today, electric from the start. He ooozes confidence, isn’t afraid to play it forward. I’m not the most knowledgeable but I truly believe he can play multiple roles in the midfield.

he sprung TFC to life, I do believe he’s ready to start and Vanney must think he’s close if he’s playing him. If he starts the game I think it’s a different result. 
 

crowded TFC midfield but he’s one of the pieces to the puzzle.

I like what I've seen from him so far, but thought yesterday was his worst performance. Naive and ponderous on the ball. I think he is best suited to a quick match that is played in transition.

Reminds me of Marky Delgado, actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with @Dominic94 He added some much needed energy when he came in, what a tough situation for a youngster to be thrust into against a good defensive team defending for their play off life, he was linking up well with Oso and Fraser at times which is good as a CMNT fan! The only real blemish I noticed was a speculative shot/cross at goal right at the death which essentially was TFC's last effort, he looks like he will be bright in the future if given the chance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, El Diego said:

I like what I've seen from him so far, but thought yesterday was his worst performance. Naive and ponderous on the ball. I think he is best suited to a quick match that is played in transition.

Reminds me of Marky Delgado, actually.

Maybe nerves ? I do agree there was a few crosses when maybe he should have tried his luck or played it forward but experience....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that he didn’t look as good against Nashville, but as sometimes happens on my over-48 team, there was a lot of static, watching-your-teammate-with-the-ball-and-not-moving-into-space, so I wouldn’t pin it all on him. At least on my team we have the excuse that we’re old and fat and playing for free. Priso’s teammates are just old. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He looked promising, hard situation to come into, a sudden death playoff match right near the end. High pressure situation for a kid. He was quick and fairly confident out there, could do with a bit better decision making but again he's only a kid. He looked 14 years old. To that point as well he needs to add some mass and strength. He was shrugged off the ball a couple times by I think Anunga.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lansdude said:

He looked promising, hard situation to come into, a sudden death playoff match right near the end. High pressure situation for a kid. He was quick and fairly confident out there, could do with a bit better decision making but again he's only a kid. He looked 14 years old. To that point as well he needs to add some mass and strength. He was shrugged off the ball a couple times by I think Anunga.

My one concern with him has been sometimes holding onto the ball too long.  He got stripped of the ball a couple times late in the game.  Not sure what he was doing, players just walked up to him and took it off him.  Maybe adjusting to senior football whereas before he may have been able to get away with it against lesser quality players.  Other than that, I am excited for him and the future.  It also looks like Okello is getting in lots of minutes in Denmark so also very excited to see him back as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

With Bradley being moved further up the field and Armas' emphasis on pressing, Priso seems like the only destroyer-like no. 6 player in the team especially with the Tyler Adams comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started or was close to starting many games this season.

Looking forward to Wednesday.

Edited by PopePouri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

With Bradley being moved further up the field and Armas' emphasis on pressing, Priso seems like the only destroyer-like no. 6 player in the team especially with the Tyler Adams comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started or was close to starting many games this season.

Looking forward to Wednesday.

What about Okello?  Or Delgado?  Or Fraser?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

What about Okello?  Or Delgado?  Or Fraser?

I’d imagine Priso is rated higher than them tbh, that’s not a small comparison. Not sure what the future holds for Fraser or Delgado.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

What about Okello?  Or Delgado?  Or Fraser?

They're all possession based players you might say. Just looking at everyone's seasons stats, Bradley, Delgado and Fraser averaged about 1.5 to 2 tackles per game. Priso, with his limited minutes of around 2 games last year had 13! tackles. You do the math.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403651/MatchStatistics/Ralph-Priso-Mbongue

Now obviously he's an unscouted player, it's early days and who knows what Armas might do, but he looks extremely promising. 

 

Edited by PopePouri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, CanadaSantos said:

I wouldn't call out Osorio playing as a DM this season as well. He did very well filling in for Bradley when he was injured.

Yeah. Osorio was balling out at DM last year. I've always been a fan but he was defensively sound, moved the ball, and used his dribbling to absorb pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...