Theo Corbeanu

jordan

3 hours ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

Theo played for Hamilton Sparta 2002s in his youth days coached by David Prosia.  His parents still live on the mountain near border with Ancaster.

That is so awesome to read that, I coached Stoney Creek in the Hamilton and District Youth Soccer League for several years, there were some great players in that league including a couple on my teams that ended up playing provincially! How times have changed, we did have the CSL briefly in those days but the most most players could aim for was getting an NCAA scholarship which is great, there are so many more options now and so many more eyes on our players!

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This guy has crazy potential. I've been trying to think of a comparable established player in world football and I really can't. The combination of size and technique is so rare. Add the fact that he's great with both feet and he can be a serious problem for opposing teams.

The comparison people make is Ronaldo, which is obviously ridiculous if we’re talking about quality of the player. I could see the comparison with the style though. Only other winger with that size I can think of is Arnautovic, but there are obviously a lot of differences there as well.

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This guy has crazy potential. I've been trying to think of a comparable established player in world football and I really can't. The combination of size and technique is so rare. Add the fact that he's great with both feet and he can be a serious problem for opposing teams.

Yea and he’s ours now.

1 minute ago, archer21 said:

The comparison people make is Ronaldo, which is obviously ridiculous if we’re talking about quality of the player. I could see the comparison with the style though. Only other winger with that size I can think of is Arnautovic, but there are obviously a lot of differences there as well.

Ronaldo was the only player I could really think of but I didn't want to say it. His hair style also reminds me of a young Ronaldo.

46 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

All I am saying is that I can see an image in my mind of Davies handing Corbeanu the World Cup Trophy in 2026.  

Would be something but seriously for everyone and future reference I’ll use the fifa 21 scale for measuring potential.

Theo is an exciting prospect (85+)

Rutty has potential to be special (90+)

Davies falls into POTS

anyways it’s nice to have these caliber prospects.

also for those saying to calm down on him, even Wolves are impressed by the strides he took over the past year.

15 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

It got me thinking.. I'm sick of people being annointed "Canadian Messi" "Mexican Messi" "Mongolian Messi" how about a" Canadian Ronaldo"?

I'm only kidding, please nobody do that

I mean Dias has been called the Canadian Bruno Fernandes 🤣

It’s interesting that some say we should wait out the hype on Theo, but others say an 18 year old would have won us a game yesterday against a team where we barely possessed or entered the opposition half. Polar opposites in here at times 

12 hours ago, frmr said:

Corbeanu is going to be a very important player for us. He clearly has the skills and he has a fantastic physical profile as well: tall, fast and agile. Don't want to jump the gun but his ceiling is definitely higher than Wolves. If he works hard and has a bit of luck he could be a top player, given his tools. He's right on schedule as well, knocking on the door of first team in the PL at age 18 and arriving with the MNT with a bang.

Being a starter on Wolves is a pretty high ceiling!!

20 minutes ago, jordan said:

It’s interesting that some say we should wait out the hype on Theo, but others say an 18 year old would have won us a game yesterday against a team where we barely possessed or entered the opposition half. Polar opposites in here at times 

I'm good with Herdman putting the emphasis on the WC. We have more qualifiers in June. If we win the group, two more critical matches. Everyone has to be focused on the WC for now. Even the Olympic team players are fighting for one of the few roster spots that might open up on the senior side. 

The newer ones in the group in Florida, especially the likes of Theo and Liam, should feel the pressure of the better ones in Guadalajara.

Imagine putting too many of the Olympic age prospects into Olympic qualifying, underestimating WC rivals, and not getting the result in these two matches?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist