Theo Corbeanu

jordan

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

I’m sure he’ll get into the cup match Friday, but then I wouldn’t expect to see him again for a while. Not that I have any inside info or anything. Just seems like they are not comfortable using him in the league unless they absolutely have to at this point. Hopefully he shows really well on Friday if he does get to play.

Even still, for an 18 year old that is an accomplishment.   They don’t put him on the bench to make him happy - they do it because they see him as a player who can potentially come off the bench and do a job for them.  And they see him as ahead of the other contenders for that spot.  I have no idea when he gets his first team debut on the field but I don’t think he gets on the bench unless the manager sees him as a viable, useful player at that level.  

On 11/12/2020 at 2:34 PM, Stryker911 said:

We really need to get him capped. Looking at Romanias roster he would have a decent shot at making their team. Hard to say who would be a more enticing team to play for. Can't have him do a Yankov.

As a Canadian-Romanian myself, I really like the kid and I’m glad he’s going to rep Canada going forward, Canada really deserves this after all the years of players switching, but no way he would have played for Romania already; unless they really wanted to cap tie him, then maybe for that reason alone but that’s obviously not happening now

Dragusin (18yo CB) and Cirjan (AM/CM, just turned 18) also played for Juve and Arsenal U23s in the last year and now in their first teams, Dragusin even playing in a couple competitive seniors matches already . Both fully Romanian and neither has been called to the senior NT yet, Dragusin only capped twice for the U21s and Cirjan not at all yet.

Corbeanu has very good potential from what I’ve seen, driven, intelligent & good decision making, fairly technical, physically fit, and making great impressions with his form for the U23s. Just saying there’s more to it than looking at the latest squad on the surface (with a bunch of covid absences and injuries anyway). Hope he makes it anyway 🤞

Edited by Filip

37 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

His switch is complete. He’s CDN now.

Good, and Flores too I hope? Or that was just for camp?

Slowly slowly coming together.. could use more quality defenders though. Shame about Tomori...

edit: when I said ‘no way’ in the post above I wasn’t referring to Corbeanu switching to Canada, I meant being called to Romania’s senior team

Edited by Filip

48 minutes ago, Filip said:

Good, and Flores too I hope? Or that was just for camp?

Slowly slowly coming together.. could use more quality defenders though. Shame about Tomori...

edit: when I said ‘no way’ in the post above I wasn’t referring to Corbeanu switching to Canada, I meant being called to Romania’s senior team

No Flores hasn’t filed, Guti has

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The Real Sociedad looks to be loaning Willian José to Wolves, with an option to buy; he can play all over the attacking third. So that would take away from Theo getting a look in a pinch. 

If that's the case, I hope Wolves look to loan out Corbeanu out.

5 hours ago, archer21 said:

A loan looks increasingly unlikely. Being back with the U23s isn’t the worst thing in the world. I don’t think he’s necessarily outgrown it like Millar had. I’d still love to see him move to League One to get tested at Sr level. 

He’s still 18 so it’s not the worst thing in the world. 

When a kid is 18 it is fair for a coaching staff to want him close in, to continue to develop him, to see how it goes. There is no need for loans as long as he is playing weekends. Not playing is a detriment to development, u-23 is fine at this point. Another thing is that at that age it is hard to leave and work into another dressing room, there is also a rapport with teammates and a Wolves pride that should be valued.

Of course a couple years older no problem at all, even next season.

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

When a kid is 18 it is fair for a coaching staff to want him close in, to continue to develop him, to see how it goes. There is no need for loans as long as he is playing weekends. Not playing is a detriment to development, u-23 is fine at this point. Another thing is that at that age it is hard to leave and work into another dressing room, there is also a rapport with teammates and a Wolves pride that should be valued.

I think these are good points. Loans are fun for us because we get to see them at a level that we can understand, but for Theo I don't think there is any rush to go on loan this season.

37 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It also probably means he won't be making any Wolves appearances for at least another year or 2, since Nuno clearly values first team experience above everything... but I agree, a loan won't necessarily do a whole lot right now.

Edited by PiedPilko

• 1 month later...