Theo Corbeanu

jordan

27 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It sucks but this is a guy who’s 18 who everyone at Wolves as recently as a year ago thought was years away from the bench... let’s not forget the path he’s on right now.

This ^^ seriously, people need to chill. Theo is on a good trajectory and is still very young, he'll be just fine.

48 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Wolves play Palace in the FA Cup tomorrow, if there was a time to rest players and put in young players, this may be it. Hopefully he can at least make a sub appearance and then maybe go out in loan afterwards.

FA Cup is allowing 5 substitutes as well, so that should (hopefully) increase his chances.

Just now, Floortom said:

I mean - if he didn't get on the pitch during this one I can't imagine they have any intention of playing him in all but the most one-sided blowout.  They should release him for the Canada camp.

Agreed. I think he was making up numbers for Wolves and getting a reward/closer look from the first team. A loan or going back to play for the u23s is likely on the cards. Very pleasing though that he has the eye of Nuno, I think his progress is going very well.

2 minutes ago, One American said:

I should add, it's hard to tell when a guy isn't physically dominant and isn't tricky with the ball. There might be other less visible qualities that lead to his success. 

It's all up to him where he ends up, but so far he's impressed with the 2nd team and now has been a regular on the bench for 5/6 games in a row. Wolves are a respectable EPL team and Corbeanu is 18 years old. Nothing is guaranteed but they are obviously bullish on him based on their words and actions. 

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

I mean - if he didn't get on the pitch during this one I can't imagine they have any intention of playing him in all but the most one-sided blowout.  They should release him for the Canada camp.

That's how I felt after the last game I watched. I haven't seen todays match, but leading by a goal in a knockout game doesn't seem like an obvious time to blood a young attacker to me

23 minutes ago, One American said:

Based on the tape I've seen .... I'm just not sure he's that good. Just looks like the type of guy who eventually plays in League One for a long time. It's hard to tell, though.  

You come on today just to bash our young guys? The KID is 18 ffs. Could he end up at that level? Sure. Will he? Nothing so far has shown me that

He is obviously very close to the first team but by the sounds of it they have players returning/coming in so they want to blood him on loan. 

Today again seemed like it was going to be the moment but they were playing an unpredictable Crystal Palace team which was never going to be a riot. As every team should, they want to win and go for the FA Cup. Unless they were playing a League One team or lower I don't think he ever would have started. Likewise unless they were up by 3 or the forwards got injured they were always likely to play this game safe.  

Still exciting times for him and I hope as Wheeler the untrustable alluded to he gets to fly out after this game and meet up with the Canadian squad before he gets a loan to further his growth.

1 hour ago, One American said:

Based on the tape I've seen .... I'm just not sure he's that good. Just looks like the type of guy who eventually plays in League One for a long time. It's hard to tell, though.  

Technically good, takes on players, good in the air, two footed, big... not sure what else you want in an 18 year old or what tape you were watching. He’s a prospect who is turning lots of heads and on a respectable side’s bench at that age. 

I’m guessing if the Wolves coaching staff have an 18 year old on their bench they probably see something in him. I haven’t seen too many highlights but I’m guessing the Wolves coaching staff is better at assessing Theo’s talent and potential than One American is. I wouldn’t expect him to see the field but he’s only 18...

https://youtu.be/SGDMw4HAbro

A nice highlight video, not sure if it has been posted here already.  Good ball skills, excellent speed and pretty good quickness, tends to push it too far outside sometimes at full speed and cut off his own angle, needs to pick his head up around box (can be a bit selfish without a great angle to shoot), way more of a winger than a center forward, good in tight spaces for a big man but sometimes takes unnecessary touches or overcomplicates things, will be interesting to see his success rate driving the ball down the wing against more mature defenders

Edited by Shortdutchcanuck

3 hours ago, Fullback said:

You come on today just to bash our young guys? The KID is 18 ffs. Could he end up at that level? Sure. Will he? Nothing so far has shown me that

He came on today and said the same thing in a few threads. We needed a good dose of American pragmatism.

21 minutes ago, Kent said:

The kid gloves have come off and the mind games have started. He really wants USA to win those scrimmages bad.

I take it as a compliment of our program. More engagement from Americans is a good thing because it means they are paying attention now. They are paying more attention because we are getting better.

You keep tabs on the teams beneath you that can hurt you, and you pay no mind to the teams that pose no threat to you. 

Plus we share a league, so of course there is a friendly rivalry (at least from their perspective) and a natural curiosity.

Edited by Obinna