Theo Corbeanu

jordan

• 3 weeks later...

Request a Thread title change to Theo "The ******* baller" Corbeanu.

Yes I have currently dialled my unrealistic hope, positivity and expectation so hard I broke it but what a positive start in a Canada shirt. Excited to see more. 

Can't hurt his first team opportunities doing well on the international stage either! 

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Request a Thread title change to Theo "The ******* baller" Corbeanu.

Yes I have currently dialled my unrealistic hope, positivity and expectation so hard I broke it but what a positive start in a Canada shirt. Excited to see more. 

Can't hurt his first team opportunities doing well on the international stage either! 

He might be a Davies level prospect, I was blown away. His off the ball movement is something and he moves man. Our RW between him, Buch and Rutty is loaded going forward.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He might be a Davies level prospect, I was blown away. His off the ball movement is something and he moves man. Our RW between him, Buch and Rutty is loaded going forward.

I don't need to have seen the match to be able to say that you need to settle down a little. At the same age, Davies had already won the GC Golden Boot, been the best player on a mid-table MLS team, transferred to one of the 5 biggest clubs in the world, and started to get serious minutes for them in all competitions (not to mention the Bundesliga and DFB Pokal winner's medals). Let's let Theo be Theo, which is still a phenomenal footballer who's achieved a lot for an 18-year old, without getting crazy.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

hmm.. that's a bit of a stretch... but certainly looks like a PL level player in the making. Boy can ball.

Edited by LeoH037

5 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I don't need to have seen the match to be able to say that you need to settle down a little. At the same age, Davies had already won the GC Golden Boot, been the best player on a mid-table MLS team, transferred to one of the 5 biggest clubs in the world, and started to get serious minutes for them in all competitions (not to mention the Bundesliga and DFB Pokal winner's medals). Let's let Theo be Theo, which is still a phenomenal footballer who's achieved a lot for an 18-year old, without getting crazy.

if you’re setting that bar for every prospect than you’re ridiculous. Davies is literally the exception and circumstance benefited him.

Also while he’s world class, he isn’t the best LB in the world let’s be real, he had 1 good season.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

if you’re setting that bar for every prospect than you’re ridiculous. Davies is literally the exception and circumstance benefited him.

Also while he’s world class, he isn’t the best LB in the world let’s be real, he had 1 good season.

Eh? I'm the one who's arguing that comparing other prospects to Davies, the hugely exceptional talent that Canada has ever produced, is unfair to those prospects.

47 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

You should listen to this guy:

24 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

51 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

he had 1 good season.

We've known Davies was one of Canada's biggest ever talents for like 6 years now. I hate when people say he's had one good season. He's been incredibly impressive at every stage of his career, and in almost every match. Just not on a world stage

Edited by Aird25

Corbeanu is going to be a very important player for us. He clearly has the skills and he has a fantastic physical profile as well: tall, fast and agile. Don't want to jump the gun but his ceiling is definitely higher than Wolves. If he works hard and has a bit of luck he could be a top player, given his tools. He's right on schedule as well, knocking on the door of first team in the PL at age 18 and arriving with the MNT with a bang.

Yeah, make some room on the bandwagon because I am climbing aboard.  All I had to go on before was board hype so I was happy we had a seemingly good prospect but had no real yardstick for his quality.   After last night, that changed.  Sure, Bermuda (and specifically that team, at that point in the game) isn’t the stiffest test in the world.  But man he looked electric out there.  Physique aside, he was trying stuff, always moving dynamically with teammates and HE SCORED THE FIRST TIME HE TOUCHED THE GODDAMN BALL.  I don’t want to burden him with expectations but I assume this is how Jesus would play footy. 

Really, really glad we have added him to our pool. Far too early to say but by the time 2026 rolls around this guy could be huge for us.   

9 minutes ago, gator said:

I didn't realize he was from Hamilton, the local sportscasts are all over that this morning including playing some post game audio from him!

Theo played for Hamilton Sparta 2002s in his youth days coached by David Prosia.  His parents still live on the mountain near border with Ancaster.