USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

34 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Has Atiba ever actually said he was playing after the Gold Cup, because all I remember is him saying the Gold Cup was his last call up.

Nothing from Atiba but JH stated that Atiba was not done with the CMNT . This was post GC

My lineup prediction- after Davies dominant play at LB lately.

Hoilett.        Cavalini.   David.    

Osorio.   Arfield.   
                     Piette.     

Davies.   Vitoria.    Henry.    Laryea.  
                      Borjan. 

I think this lineup gets us through the US cleanly.

* edit. *.  Damn that is a beautiful and talented lineup.  I love these options.

Edited by baulderdash77

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I was happy to see Eustaquio again. God I want to see him take the pitch for us soon.  With no Atiba, I wonder if we would ever see him as a late sub to preserve our 2 goal lead.  

Why on earth would we only be up two goals if it’s late in the game? Surely we will be up at least 4 or 5.

It's really hard to look at the USMNT and CMNT rosters and see a talent gap between them. The last match was sort of proof of that. IMO the US are favourites in this one solely because of home field advantage. And then their relationship with their fans right now is complicated. It'll be interesting to see if there are any mood swings with crowd in this match.

I like the way we lined up last time and wouldn't mind if we went after it with the same aggression we did last time.

Edited by Lansdude

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

It's really hard to look at the USMNT and CMNT rosters and see a talent gap between them. The last match was sort of proof of that.

Well a quick comparison:

Keeper- Borjan is a better keeper than anyone the US has at the moment.

Defence- If Davies plays LB it’s close.  Otherwise the back line of the US is quite a bit stronger than ours.

Midfield- It’s pretty close.  I think Arfield is the best midfielder between us but they would have the 2nd and 3rd  best midfielders.  Will Trapp is roughly equal to Oso and Piette.  Pretty close

Attackers- If Davies is at LB then Pulisic is the next best player, then David and everyone else is basically tied.

So top to bottom we have some standout players in Borjan, Davies, Arfield and David then they have a pretty solid group led by Pusilic where their average depth is better than ours but it’s close.  

We’ve snuck up on the US in the last 2 years.

8 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Going to see a very different Pulisic in this one.  I think he really was sick last game and wasn't playing much for club but he's been getting rave reviews at Chelsea lately.  

I have no doubt that they will come out hungry and try to hit us hard. 

Edited by dyslexic nam

24 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I was surprised that Bradley didn’t get the call

Final roster selection is on Monday and theyve stated guys from MLS cup could be included. Look for guys like Morris, Bradley and Roldan to be added. 

After a week in Bradenton, the USMNT will shift to Orlando on Sunday. The final list of players eligible for selection for this month’s decisive matches – including any participating in MLS Cup – will be confirmed Monday.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/11/nine-players-added-to-usmnt-roster-for-concacaf-nations-league-matches-against-canada-cuba

Edited by king1010

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Going to see a very different Pulisic in this one.  I think he really was sick last game and wasn't playing much for club but he's been getting rave reviews at Chelsea lately.  

He scored again today for Chelsea (little worrisome, but is what it is). Tbh he has been on absolute fire since his poor performance with the alleged flu vs us.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/canada-usmnt-preview-nations-league-john-herdman-interview/

Posted in the other thread by @Alex appears in fact Larin does have true personal reasons. I hope everything is okay with him and/or his family. 

Also, it does appear with Hutch (37 this February), really does need to manage his minutes, travel etc. which makes total sense.

13 hours ago, Lansdude said:

It's really hard to look at the USMNT and CMNT rosters and see a talent gap between them. The last match was sort of proof of that. IMO the US are favourites in this one solely because of home field advantage. And then their relationship with their fans right now is complicated. It'll be interesting to see if there are any mood swings with crowd in this match.

I like the way we lined up last time and wouldn't mind if we went after it with the same aggression we did last time.

I think the US has a pretty sizeable taken gap in their favour. Look at the guys in Tier 1 leagues versus us. They’re also not calling in low level CPL talents or part time starters in MLS. If I’m a US soccer fan I’m expecting to beat Canada everytime. They are lacking in true difference makers though - outside of Pulisic and Adams I don’t think they really have any.

And said talent isn’t the only thing that wins and the US has struggled a lot over the past two years. They’re not elite so can’t just rely on talent.

8 minutes ago, nolando said:

Maybe it's one of those phantom knocks that manifests just before international windows? Radzinski had a few of those, IIRC.

Steffen turned down the US call due to injury but then started today...maybe they’re getting tired of Berhalter 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Agree 100%. Kaye is awesome but has played 45 mins since his hammy pull. Osorio is in excellent form right now. Provided he gets through Sunday, I can't see Oso not starting and deservingly so. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one... but I hope the MLS final only goes 90 mins on Sunday lol.

I’m thinking it’s due to a bit of the MLS hate on here but a lot to do with a lot of TFC hate on here. People love Kaye because he was let go by TFC and then proved TFC wrong by making LAFC and becoming a very good player for them. People are loving TFC’s Fraser even though he is a TFC player because he does not get much playing time with TFC , so him putting a good performance against the US when he came on makes him more of a darling on these boards more than Osorio actually who is a bonafide starter with TFC. But in the end who the hell knows why Osorio doesn’t get more love on here but I thought I would give it a try .

19 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Just realized we now have more players from Scotland than from American MLS teams.

Apart from two teams how good is this league really ? Would rather we had more players playing in Portugal, Switzerland , Belgium , English Championship, German second division, Italy Serie B than Scotland’s top division and yes even more in the MLS over Scotland. Moreover , there have been a few former Scottish premier league players try there luck in the MLS and could not cut it.