USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

From the release:

"Of note, both Atiba Hutchinson of Beşiktaş JK in Turkey and Cyle Larin of SV Zulte Waregem in Belgium, were unavailable for the camp through personal reasons and will remain with their clubs through the international window."

Interesting phrasing there. Wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Robs us of some good depth.

Edited by goleafs67

My thoughts,

1) No Hutch, I love the legend but I'm OK with this. I know he's in better form now, but still felt he was a slight step behind in the Gold Cup.  We are building to the future and was going to take alot for him at his age, play a 90 min match in Turkey Sunday, recover, travel and then be 100% ready for Friday. 

2) I support the Millar call, he's getting regular minutes and is familiar with the system. Wait until next camp to bring in new fwds/mids (Borges). 

3) I am surprised Larin didn't get the call, felt he deserved it, been playing great. With David as a FWD and Cav as a target striker, Herdman must rate Millar as a stronger winger, have to agree with him.

4) I am okay calling in the 2 CPL defenders for a look and integration. 

MOST IMPORTANTLY, this roster is good enough for all 3 points, let's do it!

Edited by apbsmith
My thoughts

5 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Johnson, Akindele

Wow. Two Orlando guys not getting he call. After Johnson arrived late at the Gold Cup training camp and pulled out of the last camp, it looks like he wasn't super commited to the team. Liam Fraser stole his spot, played well, and now gets to keep it!

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Laryea-vitoria-henry-cornelius-davies

-------------arfield-piette-osorio-------

------------------------david

----------------------cavalinni----

Small change, but I actually like how the 5-3-1-1 or 5-3-2 looks. 

Right personnel in the necessary spots. As much as i don't want Davies in the back, i don't mind him as a Wing back. 

Edited by Shway

Happy for Zator as a cavs fan, but it came at the expense of Cordova, who I rate, so I am not sure how to feel about it. Perhaps a lack of game time for Cordova (and ZBG) means the time is now to check Zator out.

Interestingly, Godinho has been left out once again, despite playing regularly in Germany. I am okay with it though. I am not ready for him to get another chance in a game of this magnitude.

Edited by Obinna

14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wow. Two Orlando guys not getting he call. After Johnson arrived late at the Gold Cup training camp and pulled out of the last camp, it looks like he wasn't super commited to the team. Liam Fraser stole his spot, played well, and now gets to keep it!

I'm not anti WJ, but good. Fraser def deserves it, esp coming in cold and putting out that performance. We can't predict unknowns but I'm not sure WJ would have played as well as Fraser did it that game.  Plus when you factor in age, I 100% support this call.

With so many defenders in camp it makes me wonder if we're going for 5 at the back.  

----------Cavallini--David-------------------

--------------Kaye-----Arfield-----------------

Davies-------------Piette-----------------Laryea

--------Cornelius-Vitoria-Henry--------

-----------------Borjan----------------------------

I don't know about you guys but that looks pretty damn solid to me.  

1 minute ago, gigi riva said:

I like the call ups  similar to what we had in October.  MY only concern is please no brain farts by henry

Honestly though.. is he even worth it?  I get that he can put in an amazing performance but so can our other defenders as they just showed last match.  Do we really want to put in a loose cannon that could ruin everything?

Henry is good but the difference between him and Cornelius/Vitoria/Miller isn't like the difference between say Davies and Millar. 

15 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

With so many defenders in camp it makes me wonder if we're going for 5 at the back.  

----------Cavallini--David-------------------

--------------Kaye-----Arfield-----------------

Davies-------------Piette-----------------Laryea

--------Cornelius-Vitoria-Henry--------

-----------------Borjan----------------------------

I don't know about you guys but that looks pretty damn solid to me.  

I love how no one ever puts Oso in the XI even though he is a favourite of Herdman and hasn't done anything to warrant a bench spot.

I like that the squad is relatively unchanged.  Keep the momentum and use these guys that have played well for Canada recently.

To me, Larin, Atiba & Cordova are all apart of Canada's best 23 right now but I understand the Cordova omission given his situation and I am 100% okay with re-integrating both Hutchinson & Larin in spring 2020.  I don't think we will see Zator or Wotherspoon play this game so those two changes are not much of an impact.  But then again, I wasn't expecting Fraser to play last game so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I love how no one ever puts Oso in the XI even though he is a favourite of Herdman and hasn't done anything to warrant a bench spot.

I like him too but who would you replace?  He would have to replace Kaye or Arfield in the formation I used.  

Hoilett hasn't done anything to warrant a bench spot either but I also left him on the bench, as others have too.  We just have a solid team.

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Agree 100%. Kaye is awesome but has played 45 mins since his hammy pull. Osorio is in excellent form right now. Provided he gets through Sunday, I can't see Oso not starting and deservingly so. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one... but I hope the MLS final only goes 90 mins on Sunday lol.