USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not really though.  4 Bundesliga players, 2 Prem players, 1 at Ajax, 1 at Besiktas, 1 at Fulham and then a bunch of above-average to good MLS players.  

It's a good squad by concacaf standards, but a poor squad by usmnt standards. 

I think what really stands out about the usmnt over the past while is the lack of game changers. There is pulisic and that is about it, while I would say we have at least 2 in David and Davies.

33 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Odd that Brooks would be called in if he's still injured, meanwhile they've left off Miazga and Carter-Vickers.  What's the deal with Carter-Vickers?  Is he not fully committed to their program or?

Brooks is not injured. He's being rested today but is back at full fitness.

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

They’re currently announcing the CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying groups on CSA Twitter... could this be the reasoning behind the delay of the roster release? 

I suspect it is.  At the risk of sounding negative, they have been chastised for taking attention away from the CWNT in the past so they are probably erring on the side of caution this time.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It's a good squad by concacaf standards, but a poor squad by usmnt standards. 

I think what really stands out about the usmnt over the past while is the lack of game changers. There is pulisic and that is about it, while I would say we have at least 2 in David and Davies.

Think they really miss Tyler Adams - that kind of midfielder. Bradley cant do it anymore (i dont know enough about Morales though). 

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don't think he's being "rested" since they're not playing him at all.  He was on the bench in previous matches but has now been dropped entirely.  Maybe it's performance related.

He played 90 minutes 2 out of their 3 last three league games. I believe he is just being "managed" since he was out for a few months.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I suspect it is.  At the risk of sounding negative, they have been chastised for taking attention away from the CWNT in the past so they are probably erring on the side of caution this time.

They also only have so many staff members at the CSA in their Web and media/coms department. 3am game and 2:30pm draw is killer.

Just makes sense to spread the workload to Friday.

14 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Think they really miss Tyler Adams - that kind of midfielder. Bradley cant do it anymore (i dont know enough about Morales though). 

Morales would fall somewhere between Bradley and Adams in terms of ball-winning. He's on a good run of form at Fortuna Dusseldorf, apparently. He plays a simple game, keeps posession decently, fights for things in the middle. Not really a deep-lying playmaker, but not quite a destroyer either. I am not overly familiar aside from that and I haven't followed him much in recent years, for what is is worth. I am mostly drawing on things I have read about him. I saw a bit of their most recent loss against Mexico, which he played in. He was one of the few bright spots in that game.

Edited by Obinna

I think we will have alot of players who will have played only 5 days before, then recovery, then a decent amount of travel time.

Fortunately there are a handful of directly flights from Europe to Orlando (thank you Disney world) & Seattle-Orlando.  I know they are all professionals but you would have to think Herdman will need to evaluate their fatigue levels and/or any minor knocks over the weekend, for starting lineup.  

Let's hope all our lads make it through the weekend full strength.

53 minutes ago, Longrange said:

if we win on Friday, that will be consecutive wins against the USA. Since our last win was 35 years ago, does anyone know how long it's been since consecutive wins for Canada against the US?

According to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men's_national_soccer_team_results

The (2nd) most recent victory was 34 years ago (4/2/85), but the prior time they played the USA was also a victory (11/1/80). So the last back-to-back wins was also 34 years ago, just that they were 5 years apart instead of 1 month.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Say what you will about our roster announcement getting pushed back the last couple days, but I am glad we aren’t getting a 3 stage roster announcement. Not a big deal but that would be annoying.

I agree, but when the final roster is announced, I expect USA to drop a few players from the squad.  For this international break, they could potentially have 30+ players listed throughout.

As a Canadian fan, I would love to see what 30 players Herdman and his staff would select.  It would give us a better idea of some of the fringe players Herdman is looking at.  As well it would likely include a few more CPL players.  Obviously this is a common practice before any major tournament but many teams also do this before regular international breaks.

Edited by Corazon

7 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Odd that Brooks would be called in if he's still injured, meanwhile they've left off Miazga and Carter-Vickers.  What's the deal with Carter-Vickers?  Is he not fully committed to their program or?

Carter Vickers was called into the US' U23 camp at the same time. Theyre playing friendlies against Brazil and Chile/Argentina