USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Overall pretty happy with the roster, obviously would’ve been nice to have Hutch but we’re deep enough in midfield for it not to be detrimental anymore. I’m okay with Larin staying in Belgium to keep up his run of form. Not a big fan of the Wotherspoon or Didic call... if we’re gonna call someone for integration I would’ve like to of seen Borges called just for a tip of the cap for his Golden Boot season. Wotherspoon hasn’t been very impressive in his select minutes with the nats. Overall though this roster can break some more hearts on the 15th!

24 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

With so many defenders in camp it makes me wonder if we're going for 5 at the back.  

----------Cavallini--David-------------------

--------------Kaye-----Arfield-----------------

Davies-------------Piette-----------------Laryea

--------Cornelius-Vitoria-Henry--------

-----------------Borjan----------------------------

I don't know about you guys but that looks pretty damn solid to me.  

I really like this, for me personally I start OSO over Kaye, everything else I really like. 

I think Kaye will likely be our first sub, maybe even Fraser or Spoony.... but that's because I think we will be winning at the 70 min mark :). 

Guess we find out next week!

Remember, this game is at the beginning of the FIFA window; there is very little time to train or experiment with new tactics. They don't have a whole weekend together.

I predict a very similar starting 11 and very similar tactics.

Anything we see here will have been tested prior or during the Gold Cup or during the last two windows.

2 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Overall pretty happy with the roster, obviously would’ve been nice to have Hutch but we’re deep enough in midfield for it not to be detrimental anymore. I’m okay with Larin staying in Belgium to keep up his run of form. Not a big fan of the Wotherspoon or Didic call... if we’re gonna call someone for integration I would’ve like to of seen Borges called just for a tip of the cap for his Golden Boot season. Wotherspoon hasn’t been very impressive in his select minutes with the nats. Overall though this roster can break some more hearts on the 15th!

To be fair, he played on the road alongside WJ & was coming off an injury layoff. I think he is in much much better form then 2 months ago. I also value his experience and leadership in the middle of the pitch, even if he doesn't see the field, which is likely, I'm glad he was called.

12 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

To be fair, he played on the road alongside WJ & was coming off an injury layoff. I think he is in much much better form then 2 months ago. I also value his experience and leadership in the middle of the pitch, even if he doesn't see the field, which is likely, I'm glad he was called.

He has a few goals this year in the SPL as well, doesn't he?

21 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He has a few goals this year in the SPL as well, doesn't he?

In the month of October, he has started 3 of 4 matches with 2 goals. Subbed out 73 min in one match. The 3 matches he featured they are 2-1-0(W-T-L).

This is not the Wotherspoon thread but with his ability to play anywhere in the middle and based on "current form" , I have him over WJ & Teibert.

Edited by apbsmith
WJ & Tiebert

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

Same thing should be said about Millar tbh but it's not. 

Yah but I think with his age and a big u23 tourney coming up. There is a lot more upside and reasons to keep integrating Millar in to the group. Larin is very familiar with everything and the players who have surpassed him are younger

59 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I'm surprised they didnt save the money, call Akindele and leave Wotherspoon at home.

Could be Herdman wanted an experienced head and another leader in the squad. It's a shame for Tesho though given his Orlando ties. 

The word integration is being used a lot and I do love this squad and what we are doing with bringing people in. Herdman and his team have done a good job with that so far. Having no extra camps or get togethers its important. 

8 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Yah but I think with his age and a big u23 tourney coming up. There is a lot more upside and reasons to keep integrating Millar in to the group. Larin is very familiar with everything and the players who have surpassed him are younger

You mention the U23, but that's separate from the senior team. You could say theres a lot of upside to integrating Tabla, Borges, etc for the exact same reasons. And to say Millar has surpassed Larin is a massive overstatement - tbh its actually disrespectful. One guy has played over a 100 games and scored over 50 goals. The other has played less than 30 and scored less than 5 goals. 

Does this “personal reasons” explanations for Larin and Atiba not coming to this game not bother anyone else? This is being hyped as the biggest game for Canada in 20 something years, yet neither have showed up for either game? Atiba has a legit excuse last time, but him saying no again has me confused. As someone pointed above, Larin probably knows he might not make the field, and doesn’t want to waste his time coming over here for one game, which is a shame if true.  

Just now, TOCanada115 said:

Does this “personal reasons” explanations for Larin and Atiba not coming to this game not bother anyone else? This is being hyped as the biggest game for Canada in 20 something years, yet neither have showed up for either game? Atiba has a legit excuse last time, but him saying no again has me confused. As someone pointed above, Larin probably knows he might not make the field, and doesn’t want to waste his time coming over here for one game, which is a shame if true.  

We were already aware that Hutch might be on his way out of the nats once the gold cup concluded, Larin hasn’t had a comfy spot at any of his clubs since he left Orlando, and is finally finding a spot in Belgium. While I would love to have them both, I wasn’t too surprised. 

Hmm not a fan of seeing Leutwiler over Carducci. Also not a fan of Wotherspoon in general.

Would pick Borges over Millar as well.

If we end up playing the same formation, I really do think leaving Borges is a mistake. If Oso or Arfield get hurt or are playing poorly, we really don't have another good attacking mid to throw in. I think this role would be good for someone like Borges, who had one of the better defensive stats out of any attacking players in the CPL.  I know people will say it would be risky, I personally disagree. At the very least call him up to be integrated with the team like Eustaquio.

Still have no idea what's James situation is. Can't be due to lack of playing time surely, based on the other call ups.

Happy to see certain players like Johnson and Akindele not called up though.

Edited by Colliedor

18 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

At Atiba's age, load management is critical. I think Besiktas play on Sunday. Then a very long flight to Orlando with little post game recovery..ice baths, physio etc to play on Friday. His club does not play him more than once a week. Perhaps if the game was later in the break? Larin is a bit of a shocker given his current form and game being in Orlando.

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I was happy to see Eustaquio again. God I want to see him take the pitch for us soon.  With no Atiba, I wonder if we would ever see him as a late sub to preserve our 2 goal lead.  

I expect Piette will start at DM and go the full 90.  He was outstanding vs the US. 

I wish we had Larin, but I think we will be alright. I hear that Larin's club may pick up his option to buy, so perhaps Larin is looking to stay to get some contract deal sorted out. Larin has always been committed to Canada, so I don't think we have to worry too much. It takes a lot more than just playing well to get settled at a new pro club in a new country.

And for attacking mid backups for Arfield and Osorio, David plays attacking mid for his club. Cav and Millar should be able to handle striker if needed. This is where we might miss Larin, but worst comes to worst, Davies can play anywhere across the front.