The Road to Qatar.

Binky

9 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Brazil not worried at all about Covid until this match.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Actually the rules in Brazil have been far more strict than Canada. There is a lot of international focus on the president but the decision making falls at state government. For instance Sao Paulo state its been mandatory the entire time to wear masks indoor, outdoor everywhere. Majority of States have also not allowed in person learning or people attending indoor or outdoor events. Brasileiro haven't allowed fans but a few states in the past month have allowed fans in. For instance Flamengo have played a few games in Brasilia so they can have fans. Just so we don't go by the CBC 2 minute blurb perspective. 

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

A first choice attacking line of Gray - Antonio - Bailey is clearly the best in concacaf.

Red list restrictions might muck it up for a little while though.

I have a really hard time seeing Antonio being fit enough to play most of the qualifiers. He already has a minimum of 47 matches with West Ham and can’t last a much shorter season without a couple of injuries. As a West Ham supporter, Id hate to see him injured but if he does get injured, I hope it happens when he is due to play Canada. 

1 minute ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I have a really hard time seeing Antonio being fit enough to play most of the qualifiers. He already has a minimum of 47 matches with West Ham and can’t last a much shorter season without a couple of injuries. As a West Ham supporter, Id hate to see him injured but if he does get injured, I hope it happens when he is due to play Canada. 

Yah…Antonio has quite the injury history. I would be surprised if he’s there for every window.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Watching Jamaica vs Panama…and coach Tappa went with the JH book of attack.

Antonio, Roofe, Burke, Morrison, Reid….losing the game in the middle/having no control.

As I’m writing this, they concede. 0-1 Panama.

Chemistry matters too... if they haven't had the time to play together and if coaching is sub-par... for sure that will affect them.

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Chemistry matters too... if they haven't had the time to play together and if coaching is sub-par... for sure that will affect them.

For sure chemistry matters….but so does how a team is setup.

They haven’t played a 442 in awhile (like us), and then they have Daniel Johnson and Ravel Morrison in the middle. Both of those guys are more CAM than CDMs/ like to get forward.

There is no middle. 

Edited by Shway

• Admin locked this topic