The Road to Qatar.

Binky

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

He's pretty knowledgeable overall, but yes we seem to have earned his respect after the Suriname game. He did a lot of analysis in the lead up to it, particularly on the Surinamese side. Because he’s based in Netherlands/Belgium, he had the connections and the incentive to provide coverage on them, and became quite acquainted with us by extension.

Yeah I took a lot of pleasure in watching his devastation as we rolled by Suriname - he was shocked.

Who else thinks USA might have a slip up in Honduras or El Salvador? Imagine a draw or loss in their first game and then we roll into town? The Couva whispers would be prevalent. I’m not saying it would happen but Central America is tough and they have lost there in the past. Gold cup and nations league wins are great but those were all at home. 

Edited by Alex

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Who else thinks USA might have a slip up in Honduras or El Salvador? Imagine a draw or loss in their first game and then we roll into town? The Couva whispers would be prevalent. I’m not saying it would happen but Central America is tough and they have lost there in the past. Gold cup and nations league wins are great but those were all at home. 

No Pullisic and Wash for them vs El Salvador.. never know

I know a lot of US pundits have predicted nine points from this window but wins on the road in this round are so hard to come by...ties are valiable commodities....if the US ties in El Salvador and Honduras and wins at home some will complain but honestly for the end goal thats a great start...just like for Canada two wins and a tie would be a great start..win at home, draw on the road...thats the formula for everyone including the US and Mexico

• Admin locked this topic