Tajon Buchanan

nolando

On 4/12/2023 at 12:47 PM, grigorio said:

Lazio of vile racist fans fame? No thank you. 

Lazio’s ultras being racist is far from just a few bad eggs, but on the other hand, one of our most beloved Canadians is the captain of Red Star whose supporters aren’t exactly known for being… the most accepting and liberal people out there. 

This Inter move really looks like it’s happening huh? Seems like it’s all but agreed to. I wonder if it happens what CB’s sell on clause would look like. €15M return on a €9M (?) transfer isn’t bad, but I’m sure they still have hope Tajon could be a star, so when Inter obviously sells him to England for €35M in two years, Brugge is gonna want to break off a little piece of that.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

He's getting roasted over the coals by Brugge fans calling this daylight robbery.

Shame they can't fathom someone might be struggling because they've had to play under three coaches in one season.

What is that supposed to mean? 

14 minutes ago, VinceA said:

He's getting roasted over the coals by Brugge fans calling this daylight robbery.

Shame they can't fathom someone might be struggling because they've had to play under three coaches in one season.

After seeing Larin's performance after leaving their club they should probably shut up

Edited by narduch

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

That they fleeced Inter for 15 million.

Why would Brugge fans rake him over the coals for that? Shouldn't they be happy they are extorting Inter for that money? I kind of agree that 15M is a lot considering the club season he's had, but he gets a World Cup bump and Brugge are (were) a Champions League team and he put in some good performances, so I get the fee. I guess though if you are a Brugge fan not factoring in the World Cup and focusing on a dismal domestic season, then yes 15M seems high. Again though, definitely not something to rake him over the coals for. How could you be upset that your player is being sold for too much money? Are you sure you didn't mean that Inter fans are raking him over the coals?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Tajon had his coming out party last Gold Cup while he was still playing in MLS. Crazy that next Gold Cup he could be an Inter Milan player!

Adekugbe, Tajon, and them maybe Johnston, could all be on an accelerated club career path. 

However "poorly" we played at the World Cup, the pedigree of having been there is really helping our players, there is no question. I wasn't sure how it would work but it certainly seems to.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Adekugbe, Tajon, and them maybe Johnston, could all be on an accelerated club career path. 

However "poorly" we played at the World Cup, the pedigree of having been there is really helping our players, there is no question. I wasn't sure how it would work but it certainly seems to.

It's true and what's interesting is that statistically Costa Rica had a much better World Cup than we had, yet none of their players seem to have benefited from it on the club side. I think that's because we probably had more eyeballs on us due to our intriguing underdog story (first WC in 36 years and 1st in our region to qualify at that) - but then with those eyeballs on us some of our players really held their own, despite the results. 

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

It's true and what's interesting is that statistically Costa Rica had a much better World Cup than we had, yet none of their players seem to have benefited from it on the club side. I think that's because we probably had more eyeballs on us due to our intriguing underdog story (first WC in 36 years and 1st in our region to qualify at that) - but then with those eyeballs on us some of our players really held their own, despite the results. 

Good point, but then, Costa Rica had an ageing team in some lines. 

Then other cases like Croatia, where you'd think they'd have done better. 

I think our players in summer seasons may be a factor, easier to move in the offseason.

59 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That's traditionally been the case with players of NTs that haven't been on the radar before.  They get that "a star is born" moment on the biggest stage and go from there.  Or, they underwhelm and don't get the bump to a higher level and pay packet.

I think Inter know what they’re doing and I mean let’s be honest they can sign quite a few players to replace Dumfries… says it all that they have wanted Buchanan for months.

Also, we may have not won a game but we played very well at the World Cup and honestly we were undone by world class players on world class teams with world class defenders and goalkeepers in the hardest group…. So….   

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Hey, don't discount Navas' big money loan to Nottingham Forest!

As a Serie A fan, I am excited about this too, but lets not consider this a done deal just yet. This article says that the transfer would depend on Inter qualifying for the Champions League next season, which is not a guarantee. They currently sit in 6th place.
https://football-italia.net/belgium-reports-suggest-inter-have-agreed-a-deal-for-buchanan/

In addition, while I think Buchanan would be a nice fit in Simone Inzaghi's 3-5-2, there has been lots of talk that he will not be back as manager next season. It is a tricky situation because while they have suffered 11 league defeats already (which is a staggering number), they are in the semi finals of the Champions League and the finals of the Coppa Italia. And given the club's financial situation and the troubles of the Chinese ownership, qualifying for next season's Champions League is probably more important than winning silverware this season! If they win the domestic cup, reach the Champions League final (and lose), but finish outside the top 4, do they still keep Inzaghi around?

If not, who replaces him? Does that manager want Buchanan?

There has been talk of Inter reuniting with Conte (who favours the 3-5-2 as well), but I just can't see that. The reason he left the club in the first place was because of cost cutting measures, and situation is no better off now. 

I hope he shines at Inter, hes capable of it.....Just an anecdote...I can say Tajon made quite the impression in Qatar. I was there for the world cup and fans from other countries seriously noticed him and talked about him to me. An Argentinian absolutely wanted my jersey of number 11, so I traded him for his Messi jersey. I didn't really want to because it was a size smaller (and every Argentinian there had a Messi jersey and there was lots of Argentinians and no one else had a Buchanan one I dont think), but I did because I could get another one back home and it was the world cup and thats what you do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, rydermike said:

Three years ago we'd have been happy if he was going to Inter Miami. But now he's headed to Inter Milan

I sure hope this happens, assuming Dumfries is sold. Inter is on fire and headed to CL next season. Big shoes to fill though and he would be under pressure to start strongly as Dumfries has been very good for Inter.

12 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I sure hope this happens, assuming Dumfries is sold. Inter is on fire and headed to CL next season. Big shoes to fill though and he would be under pressure to start strongly as Dumfries has been very good for Inter.

I have a hard time seeing buchanan shutting down leao and hernandez like dumfries has in CL. I love buchanan but as you say, big shoes.

Anyone know what’s up with his injury? Brugge has 3 games left and have absolutely nothing to play for- I wonder if he might’ve played his last game for them. I keep seeing he’s “out for a few days” for the last few weeks. If clubs have already come calling for him, I don’t see a point in playing him to showcase him and you don’t wanna risk him getting injured if you think a big club is going to pay a bunch of money for him.