Tajon Buchanan

nolando

8 minutes ago, tarnado1555362291 said:

Juan Cuadrado’s move to Inter does not bode well for Tajon does it?

Correct. As posted earlier in this thread, that makes a Tajon signing very unlikely. Unless Inter were to look at selling Dumfries as well. And those stories have virtually disappeared after they brought in big money for Onana.

1 goal, 2 assists in 7 european games over the last year for Tajon. Get this man over to a team that plays bigger games. That's not counting his assist at the world cup, and his goal in last year's Belgian playoffs. When you consider his performance with Canada too, it's almost night and day for him when it comes to playing big games vs. small ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect.  First, we can send agent Tajon to convince Koleosho to join Canada and second, I'd have to think that Tajon's presence at Burnley would also impact Koleosho's minutes with the first team and therefore limit his exposure to his other international options.

Most importantly, I'd love to see Tajon in the premier league this season.  I would hate to see him and Burnley get relegated though, which is a possibility.

Edited by Corazon

That would be really cool. Reminds me of the Leeds rumours last year. Feel like he’s the right type of player for a bottom premier league to take a gamble on- if he‘s good, he’ll either help them stay up or they can try and sell him for a premium like Leeds is trying to do with Tyler Adams. If he’s not, what’s a €15M fee here or there, that’s an accounting error. 

Soft spot for Burnley and seem to have a good program going.

Makes me jealous though.

Edit: Seems to trace back to an article on a Brugge site which was basically saying that the manager thinks Club have too many players (which is true).  And then listing the possible departures.  No idea if he being on Burnley's list is true.  They have been linked with a lot of wingers.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Hey, he’d be pretty much wearing the West Ham jersey if he goes to Burnley, so it’s almost like he’s going to WHFC. 

We stole it to be fair. (Edit : not from them, to be clear, but from Villa in 1899)

They did a remake of the original original team's that became West Ham United, a few years ago.  Which I have:

image.thumb.png.a5e39741c11e20fa47d9a7a2677a4d49.png

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

6 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We stole it to be fair. (Edit : not from them, to be clear, but from Villa in 1899)

They did a remake of the original original team's that became West Ham United, a few years ago.  Which I have:

image.thumb.png.a5e39741c11e20fa47d9a7a2677a4d49.png

Funny enough about West Ham- I met with some colleagues from our UK office this week, and I got on the topic of soccer with one of them who told me that her entire family are die hard West Ham, so I asked her what that was like growing up, and she said something along the lines of "well, my dad and all my brothers spent every weekend growing up yelling at the TV and saying the absolute worst things about their club that you possibly can, and then the next week they'd be right back there watching the game." Apparently didn't miss a game in the 20 something years she spent living at home.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Funny enough about West Ham- I met with some colleagues from our UK office this week, and I got on the topic of soccer with one of them who told me that her entire family are die hard West Ham, so I asked her what that was like growing up, and she said something along the lines of "well, my dad and all my brothers spent every weekend growing up yelling at the TV and saying the absolute worst things about their club that you possibly can, and then the next week they'd be right back there watching the game." Apparently didn't miss a game in the 20 something years she spent living at home.

Sounds about right, East Enders (who have all moved to Essex) - some of the most miserable and loyal people you will meet. 

Some of my relatives were right nasty pieces of work but took care of their own.

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Sounds about right, East Enders (who have all moved to Essex) - some of the most miserable and loyal people you will meet. 

Some of my relatives were right nasty pieces of work but took care of their own.

That's funny- she actually told me she was born somewhere, but moved to Essex as a teenager, so sounds like that lines up just right.

19 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

I haven’t watch any Burnley since Kompany was appointed, anyone know what system they play and where/would Tajon fit into that?

Mostly 4141 base, but pretty fluid. Focus on fitness and less press but attempts at ball turnover. 

They have a lot of wingers on the books, just 3 fullbacks, though 2 on his side. Fullbacks played as fullbacks but were allowed to get forward.

Not sure that helps.