Tajon Buchanan

nolando

10 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

His most glaring flaws are his lack of decision making and end product, and although it's easier said than done you'd think playing for a team like Club Brugge who's one of a few big fish in a smaller pond would help with that but it hasn't been the case. I'm sure Scott Parker is partially to blame but I don't see him having success at a better team as a winger.

Looking at his minutes per goal contributions throughout the years:

This year: 454 (1g, 2a in 1361 minutes), or 449 if you include his CL assist

Last year including playoffs: 587 (1g, 1a in 1174 minutes)

Last season with the Revs: 134 (9g, 5a in 1869)

The change in level of the leagues isn't much different, and he went to a better team. 

I definitely agree with this but a lot of his time at Brugge has been as a wingback (less so with the Revs). Would be interesting to see his production only when playing as a winger. 

7 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

He's not a good tackler and he's not a mid. Been decently involved.

Im not disagreeing but why is he not able to be a midfielder if hes decently involved?

Hes playing really far forward and many "10's" have been horrible at tackling but can still play as a 10. Ozil, D. silva, nkuku, fekir, payet, etc. 

As a wide midfielder, some games its hard to get involved. I think its a potentially very interesting move to have him in the middle to get involved more often. 

10 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Im not disagreeing but why is he not able to be a midfielder if hes decently involved?

Hes playing really far forward and many "10's" have been horrible at tackling but can still play as a 10. Ozil, D. silva, nkuku, fekir, payet, etc. 

As a wide midfielder, some games its hard to get involved. I think its a potentially very interesting move to have him in the middle to get involved more often. 

He doesn't have the control or the distribution to be a 10. He's been decently involved because when attacking he's playing a bit like Davies was when he played up top in the game against the US in 2019 but his main attributes are his pace and directness and those are important on the wing.

2 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

He doesn't have the control or the distribution to be a 10. He's been decently involved because when attacking he's playing a bit like Davies was when he played up top in the game against the US in 2019 but his main attributes are his pace and directness and those are important on the wing.

Good comparison to davies. I agree but I am intrigued about him playing as a 10 in a counterattacking formation. 

AJ CB miller Davies
Staq Kone
Corbeanu buchanan koleosho
David 

This could be a deadly counterattacking formation and gets our best attacking players all on the field in a few years time. (assuming corbeanu and koleosho are top 5 players)

Apparently they are to reappoint Alfred Schreuder who led them to glory last year.  Schreuder was a disastrous hirer for Ajax, but hopefully he has a rapport with the Brugge players and can salvage the season.  It will be hard to do much worst than Parker's 2 wins in 12 games. 

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Alright, now we’re cooking. Didn’t buy that Inter was gonna drop like €30M, but that’s a better price. Terrible business from CB if they do sell him for that, since they bought him for €7 I believe?

Maybe not necessarily. Yes, Brugge paid around 7M euros, which is a little more than your posted figure, but Tajon hasn't been prolific in the final third. He's only netted once and has just 4 assists. To get 12M euros today, for example, would be a tidy profit for Brugge. It's a fee Inter would be happy with and Tajon would presumably be happy testing himself with a bigger club in a better league.

He's 24 years old and a 12M euro fee would probably be fair market value. It's not a mega fee so there probably wouldn't be massive expectations from fans for Tajon to produce goals and assists, though if he figures that out it could be a pleasant surprise as opposed to an expectation. 

I think all parties should sit down and try and get a deal done. Tajon isn't so critical to Brugge that things will fall apart without him, and these types of clubs live off of tidy business. 

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Maybe not necessarily. Yes, Brugge paid around 7M euros, which is a little more than your posted figure, but Tajon hasn't been prolific in the final third. He's only netted once and has just 4 assists. To get 12M euros today, for example, would be a tidy profit for Brugge. It's a fee Inter would be happy with and Tajon would presumably be happy testing himself with a bigger club in a better league.

He's 24 years old and a 12M euro fee would probably be fair market value. It's not a mega fee so there probably wouldn't be massive expectations from fans for Tajon to produce goals and assists, though if he figures that out it could be a pleasant surprise as opposed to an expectation. 

I think all parties should sit down and try and get a deal done. Tajon isn't so critical to Brugge that things will fall apart without him, and these types of clubs live off of tidy business. 

I meant 7M euros, but yeah, I agree with your assessment of his value- my most toxic CANMNT opinion is that Tajon is by far our most overrated player, and I think 12M or so is a very fair offer for him. Just surprised that A) CB are ready to ship him out so soon, and for such a modest profit, and B ) that Inter is going to find a Dumfries replacement whose value hasn't really increased much since coming to Europe- you would think that they're looking for Dumfries' replacement to be A Guy- ie quasi star. On the other hand, I know that Serie A's collective transfer budget is a pack of gum and three nickels, so maybe they identified Tajon as a moneyball acquisition.

I think the price is fair, I'm just surprised Brugge will take it (if they do), and not turn this into a Jonathan David situation where they inflate his price and scare everyone away from him.