Tajon Buchanan

nolando

20 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Plus, a lot of those American moves are downwards. Pulisic couldn’t cut it at Chelsea, so now it’s Milan, with heavy rumours that MLS after the 2026 World Cup is his next move. Aaronson from the premier league to the Bundesliga. McKennie from Série A to Bundesliga.  I like Pepi and Weah’s moves, but if anything, the US is even worse than us in terms of guys underperforming in top leagues in Europe. You can add Dest who apparently Barcelona is having trouble offloading too. 

Isn't Pulisic going to Lyon?

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Plus, a lot of those American moves are downwards. Pulisic couldn’t cut it at Chelsea, so now it’s Milan, with heavy rumours that MLS after the 2026 World Cup is his next move. Aaronson from the premier league to the Bundesliga. McKennie from Série A to Bundesliga.  I like Pepi and Weah’s moves, but if anything, the US is even worse than us in terms of guys underperforming in top leagues in Europe. You can add Dest who apparently Barcelona is having trouble offloading too. 

Here is another narrative: Aaronson is upgrading from Leeds to Union Berlin. Musah is upgrading from Valencia to Milan, Pepi is upgrading from Groningen to PSV, Weah is upgrading from Lille to Juventus. Then, with how Milan did last season vs Chelsea, could we argue that Pulisic to Milan is lateral? I think we could. Could we argue that McKennie to Dortmund from Juve is lateral? Maybe not, but the step down is would pretty small. This is not the Juve of 5 years ago that doing Bayern-like things in Serie A. The real move down will be Dest to Union Berlin if that happens, but at least he will get playing time.

Overall I think the Americans are making some very impressive moves. I am kind of envious. There is even a Balogun to Chelsea rumour. Now, whether these all happen and how these guys do if they happen remains to be seen. As you mention, the Americans had underwhelming seasons the theory is that they are at levels which are too high. Now they are arguably moving even higher (depending on how you look at it). Will Musah play more at Milan than Valencia? Will Weah play more at Juventus than Lille? Jury is out on that. Of course, we could say the same for Buchanan to Inter if that happens ...

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Here is another narrative: Aaronson is upgrading from Leeds to Union Berlin. Musah is upgrading from Valencia to Milan, Pepi is upgrading from Groningen to PSV, Weah is upgrading from Lille to Juventus. Then, with how Milan did last season vs Chelsea, could we argue that Pulisic to Milan is lateral? I think we could. Could we argue that McKennie to Dortmund from Juve is lateral? Maybe not, but the step down is would pretty small. This is not the Juve of 5 years ago that doing Bayern-like things in Serie A. The real move down will be Dest to Union Berlin if that happens, but at least he will get playing time.

Overall I think the Americans are making some very impressive moves. I am kind of envious. There is even a Balogun to Chelsea rumour. Now, whether these all happen and how these guys do if they happen remains to be seen. As you mention, the Americans had underwhelming seasons the theory is that they are at levels which are too high. Now they are arguably moving even higher (depending on how you look at it). Will Musah play more at Milan than Valencia? Will Weah play more at Juventus than Lille? Jury is out on that. Of course, we could say the same for Buchanan to Inter if that happens ...

Yeah and looking at the fact we have guys in MLS that apparently had links to Europe (Waterman, Miller, JMR) that seemingly have completely evaporated, and adding that Buchanan interest has cooled and David is like every teams' 4th option as a striker buy, things aren't that rosy right now for us.

8 hours ago, gigi riva said:

I think  Buchanen needs a bit of a reset . Brugge were not all that great this past season , He had some injury concerns , i wonder if all the treanfer rumours got to him . I think staying at Brugge will be humbling experience for him .

We will see. It looks like Noa Lang is almost gone from Brugge but they still have a pretty bloated squad. 

I don't even care if he necessarily goes to Inter, I just think he needs to get out of Brugge. They sucked this year, they're a selling club which means there's no guarantee they don't acquire some young player to compete for Tajon's spot anyways, when he did play with them there was just no offensive creativity at all for CB- Leeds was apparently interested at some point, and honestly, I don't even think I'd be totally opposed to him going to play for a top Championship team at this point.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:44 PM, masster said:

If Buchanan does move to Italy, I think it will either go super well or be a complete failure. I don't think there is any middle ground.

He could be absolutely eaten alive for some of his current deficiencies, or he could use this step up to truly complete his game and become a top player. At present, I am a little concerned it will be the former.

Or,  a third option.  He go there but gets very little rope or leeway with regards to adaptation time.   Hence,  he gets loaned to a lesser club before the window closes.    

The rationale:  1) The price tag he is commanding is not all that exorbitant so the club doesnt suffer a hit financially on the deal.  2) There is not much of a history of Italian clubs acquiring talent from this part of world. 3) This potential move is falling under the radar or as an after thought with respect to fans and media sources (from Italy) that I have come across.  Granted,  I know that there is little to nothing credible left on-line nowadays that not behind a paywall or geo restricted but, I noted that (compared to other names being associated to Inter) his name is not coming up very  often.  

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Brugge just posted a picture of him in CB gear. Bigger disappointment than the game last night 

Worst fear confirmed.

There's still time, but that's not what we want to hear, is it? 

I wonder if he's better off taking a lateral move out of Brugge at this point, or a small step up. Wonder what he'd look like at a Porto or Benfica for instance, or an Ajax? 

PSV bought Lang for 15M. If not Inter, maybe a club of this calibre will spend in this ball park for Tajon?

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Worst fear confirmed.

There's still time, but that's not what we want to hear, is it? 

I wonder if he's better off taking a lateral move out of Brugge at this point, or a small step up. Wonder what he'd look like at a Porto or Benfica for instance, or an Ajax? 

PSV bought Lang for 15M. If not Inter, maybe a club of this calibre will spend in this ball park for Tajon?

Well, the footballer market says that Buchanan ability and potential do not presently add up to proposed transfer fees one way or the other. Of course, this can change quickly. If Buchanan goes on a tear to start the season at CB, he will be coveted more than, apparently, at present.