Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Inter Milan agree one-year deal with Juan Cuadrado (sempreinter.com)

Looks  like this  puts a dent into the the TB to Inter chances. Might also explain why he was in the Brugge lineup yesterday but not the previous game.

quote:" The Nerazzurri have been looking for another player who can back up and provide competition for Dumfries.
Spezia’s Emil Holm, Torino’s Wilfried Singo, and Club Brugge’s Tajon Buchanan have all emerged on Inter’s shortlist.
However, according to Sky, Inter have decided to go in an entirely different direction. The Nerazzurri will turn to a highly unlikely candidate to hold down the right flank on a short-term basis
."

Edited by Free kick

A lot of the talk around Inter is that they are cash strapped & seeking investors.  Hence, that every bit of money out must be matched by Money In.   They are about to sell one of their more valued possessions to Man Utd in the sale of GK Andre Onana for 54 Mill.  This should mean a lot of Money out  flexibilities and possibilities.  Could this include Jonathan David?   

Inter sell Andre Onana to Man United for €54m (sempreinter.com)

Edited by Free kick

21 minutes ago, Free kick said:

A lot of the talk around Inter is that they are cash strapped & seeking investors.  Hence, that every bit of money out must be matched by Money In.   They are about to sell their (or one of their) most valued possessions to Man Utd in the sale of GK Andre Onana for 54 Mill.  This should mean a lot of Money out  flexibilities and possibilities.  Could this include Jonathan David?   

Inter sell Andre Onana to Man United for €54m (sempreinter.com)

I have read they are one of those in for Balogun and also Gnoto from Leeds.  The former has been valued  close to David so who knows.

It can't be just Inter who wanted Buchanan, right? Can someone refresh my memory of who's been linked with him in recent times. Leeds for sure, I remember that, but I think there were a few more. 

While I await the board to respond, here are some clubs that come to mind. I am just thinking of the level of club and league, not the needs of these teams:

- RB Leipzig

- Ajax

- Benfica

- Lyon

- Sevilla

- Lazio

These are names I am throwing out at random. They are clubs smaller than Inter, but bigger than Brugge. They play regularly in top 5 leagues and generally fight at the top of the table. Inter always felt like a big step, but these would be marginal steps up where he'd play regularly, assuming the need is there for a player like him 

Wait now...Lazio was one of the teams...I remember that now.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

While I await the board to respond, here are some clubs that come to mind. I am just thinking of the level of club and league, not the needs of these teams:

- RB Leipzig

- Ajax

- Benfica

- Lyon

- Sevilla

- Lazio

One could argue that many on that list would not be much better (if at all) than Brugge.   The advantage of a club like Inter for us, who are following from Canada,  is that you can follow a club like Inter much more easily, get more info and updates (even in English) than the clubs you listed.   

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

https://sempreinter.com/2023/07/17/why-inter-milan-made-shock-swoop-juventus-veteran-juan-cuadrado/amp/

This piece specifically comes out and says it:  Inter cant afford Buchanan.  And they want to spend money somewhere else

Crazy how a Champions League finalist (which I read brought them around £50M) can’t afford the ‘modestly’ priced Tajon and needs to pick up Cuardado on the cheap.  I get that they aren’t selling their major assets, but still received $18M for Brozovic.

Edited by TOcanadafan

I think his season and play probably do not warrant a transfer, and that Bruges will decide this is not the time to sell precisely because of that. For him, another season there will not be a problem. He is still "young" in many ways, still growing, he seems to be advancing but like many of these college kids, with his 2 years in NCAA, he seems to need more time.

I don't see Tajon as being a leader at all. He's obviously shy and unassuming, which is fine, but he does not even behave like a someone who is an international on an important club who needs to take some leadership. Millar is a bit like this, we have a few more players like this who simply are fine in their roles and are in a shell, when their age would warrant a bit more character. Eustaquio and Johnston are not like this at all, for example, Piette was never like that, Laryea and Adekgube seem to have more presence on the pitch. Tajon can get into those cool battles, like in our home match vs. the US, but he often picks them to be fought one on one off in some corner of the pitch.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I wanna say Atletico had a Tajon rumour too, but I may be confusing that with my recent discovery that in my fifa career mode, Tajon actually ends up at Atletico from Club Brugge. They also have Jayden Nelson teaming up with Corbeanu at Leverkeusen.

His game against Atlético in Champions, the one in Belgium I think it was, was superb. So maybe that is how it comes up for you.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think his season and play probably do not warrant a transfer, and that Bruges will decide this is not the time to sell precisely because of that. For him, another season there will not be a problem. He is still "young" in many ways, still growing, he seems to be advancing but like many of these college kids, with his 2 years in NCAA, he seems to need more time.

I don't see Tajon as being a leader at all. He's obviously shy and unassuming, which is fine, but he does not even behave like a someone who is an international on an important club who needs to take some leadership. Millar is a bit like this, we have a few more players like this who simply are fine in their roles and are in a shell, when their age would warrant a bit more character. Eustaquio and Johnston are not like this at all, for example, Piette was never like that, Laryea and Adekgube seem to have more presence on the pitch. Tajon can get into those cool battles, like in our home match vs. the US, but he often picks them to be fought one on one off in some corner of the pitch.

I was thinking the same.  Tajon spent a decent chunk of the season injured, and he never seemed to get back to full speed once he came back which, to be fair, was NOT for a large spate of games.  Another year at Bruges to grow, show his talent and pace and willingness to take on defenders will serve him well. 

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

His game against Atlético in Champions, the one in Belgium I think it was, was superb. So maybe that is how it comes up for you.

You might be right. I seem to recall he looked really good in both games against Atletico, no? I seem to recall he generally looked better in champions league than in domestic games. I think if anything, that’s what’s gotten clubs interested in him despite the overall poor season.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/nycfc-transfer-striker-taty-castellanos-to-italy-s-lazio

Would this impact Tajon's chances of a Lazio move? I know they are different profiles, but they wanted Buchanan as an attacker, did they not?

Not really. He is being acquired as a backup and eventual replacement for Ciro Immobile as a central striker in Sarri's 4-3-3. Last year Lazio was forced to play wingers in that position when Immobile was injured, because they didn't have one.

Buchanan is completely different profile of player.