Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

2 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Alternate Twitter translation interpretations aside, Turning down Turkey while staying five more years with Fener seems unlikely and risky.

That’s the parts that clinches it for me.  Turning down a national team call from them and then playing there would be a challenge.  Fans would be pissed.  I just don’t see it happening.  I think, much like Sali, the influence of making a career in the domestic league is a massive factor for determining international play.   He lives in Turkey and played in Turkey.  He feels Turkish and has very little actual connection to Canada.  Maybe I am wrong but I just don’t see how he ever commits to us - regardless of the grammatical nuance in a tweet.  

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That’s the parts that clinches it for me.  Turning down a national team call from them and then playing there would be a challenge.  Fans would be pissed.  I just don’t see it happening.  I think, much like Sali, the influence of making a career in the domestic league is a massive factor for determining international play.   He lives in Turkey and played in Turkey.  He feels Turkish and has very little actual connection to Canada.  Maybe I am wrong but I just don’t see how he ever commits to us - regardless of the grammatical nuance in a tweet.  

Remember the outrage when an uncapped Junior Hoillet trained for one day with TFC in his off season? 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

That's literally what Mitrovic is doing.

However, I totally agree. Turkey makes way more sense, just saying that it isn't impossible.

Edited by Stryker911

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

That's literally what Mitrovic is doing.

However, I totally agree. Turkey makes way more sense, just saying that it isn't impossible.

Except Mitrovic is not good enough to get a call up for Serbia yet.

Ferdi is more than good enough to be on that Turkish roster, he was just holding out for the Netherlands. I don't think Canada was ever in play. 

1 hour ago, Matro25 said:

Ferdi is more than good enough to be on that Turkish roster, he was just holding out for the Netherlands. I don't think Canada was ever in play. 

Canada has always been  #1 for Mitrovic. He played for Serbia youth because he didn't get called recently for the Nats/U23. He may not be at the level to play for Serbia right now but he's only 19

2 hours ago, Matro25 said:

Somebody should tell him that we're better than Turkey, no disrespect to Turkey, they have a capable side but the team is full of role players, hardly any game breakers. We have the game breakers (Davies, David, Buchanan).

5 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Somebody should tell him that we're better than Turkey, no disrespect to Turkey, they have a capable side but the team is full of role players, hardly any game breakers. We have the game breakers (Davies, David, Buchanan).

Sadly I don't think that was the driver for Ferdi.  Seems like he didn't feel any connection with Canada

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Canada has always been  #1 for Mitrovic. He played for Serbia youth because he didn't get called recently for the Nats/U23. He may not be at the level to play for Serbia right now but he's only 19

Yeah I was just comparing him to Ferdi who is at the level to play for Turkey.

Has Mitro ever said Canada was his No.1 option? I don't recall seeing that.

15 hours ago, Matro25 said:

Yeah I was just comparing him to Ferdi who is at the level to play for Turkey.

Has Mitro ever said Canada was his No.1 option? I don't recall seeing that.

Stef's dad went on a twitter rage when Stefan was not included in the U23 OQ squad and his brother has stated  he would accept a Canada call. 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:02 AM, The Real Marc said:

Alternate Twitter translation interpretations aside, Turning down Turkey while staying five more years with Fener seems unlikely and risky.

I don't think this a big deal really. Some of you are acting like Turkish football clubs are super homogeneous when the reality is top clubs are full of foreigners. If he produces for Fenerbahce, they will forget all about which country he decides to represent. 

On 11/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, Kent said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be more accurate rankings of USA and Mexico? @Razcal I'd be curious to hear your thoughts too.

For me, as long as Mexico keeps making it to the round of 16 in every World Cup, I have no problem with them being ranked somewhere between 9 and 16 inclusive. USA doesn't seem to be worse than Mexico, but it's a shame all the games they have played this year have been in USA. We would get a clearer picture if the hosting duties were more equitable.

Sorry, I didn't see this. I'd have them both somewhere between 15 and 25. Seems like it's probably a more accurate representation. Some teams in Europe get beat up in these rankings but are still really strong teams.

Hypothetical question here:

If we get Ferdi but lose Flores, is that overall good?

• Flores arguably has the higher ceiling, is 4 years younger, and we keep him out of a rivals hands
  • Ferdi is playing at a better level right now, is arguably more versatile, and is not "old" despite being older than Flores.

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

• Flores arguably has the higher ceiling, is 4 years younger, and we keep him out of a rivals hands
  • Ferdi is playing at a better level right now, is arguably more versatile, and is not "old" despite being older than Flores.

You know what is good overall. We get both. I know I didn't really answer your question but it's not an either or situation. Okay, I'll asnwer your question. Short term I'd say Ferdi. He can play in Qatar for Canada. Flores is a long shot. Long term? Who knows?

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think "potential" is such a crapshoot.  So many things can go wrong over the course of a career, especially in the 18 to 23 year old range, that I think when comparing the too, Ferdi over Flores is a net gain.

I think players actually realizing their potential at any time over their careers is rare.