Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

Slightly disappointing but not too surprised.  Similar connection to Canada as Cristante which was about very little to none.  The waiting until March comments had me thinking he was considering Canada over Turkey but it sounds like for some reason he thought he still had a shot a Netherlands.

Good luck, not holding this decision against him at all.

Edited by Corazon

31 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Everyone is reading the original tweet wrong. It says he’s chose a national team but for Fenerbahce he will still remain a Turkish player. It doesn’t say what national team he chose. 

Well what the shit.

40 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Everyone is reading the original tweet wrong. It says he’s chose a national team but for Fenerbahce he will still remain a Turkish player. It doesn’t say what national team he chose. 

No, I don't think that's true. This is the translation:

Ferdi Kadıoğlu chose the national team for the A National Team. He will make the official announcement by New Year's.

Fenerbahce will offer a 5-year contract to Ferdi Kadıoğlu, who will continue to play in Turkish status.

That says to me that he has chosen "the" national team (as in: the Turkish national team) and that he will make the official statement later. Ferdi "who will continue to play in Turkish status" means he will continue playing for Turkey (even though he's played youth for Netherlands..?)

I don't know.

Edited by frmr

Very much plausible thats its been lost in translation. Turkish as any linguist would know is a very complicated language. Grammar wise everything is all upside down.

No way he's not choosing Turkey though. Why would he sign a long term contract to stay in Istanbul and ditch the national team when they need him just as much as we do? It would not go over well with the crowd there.

Edited by Matro25

9 hours ago, Matro25 said:

Very much plausible thats its been lost in translation. Turkish as any linguist would know is a very complicated language. Grammar wise everything is all upside down.

No way he's not choosing Turkey though. Why would he sign a long term contract to stay in Istanbul and ditch the national team when they need him just as much as we do? It would not go over well with the crowd there.

Plus Turkey are in a playoff going up against Italy in March and they feel Ferdi would be an asset

Funny how it comes down to the article, definite or indefinite. 

I agree with @El Diegothe logic is sound. Why affirm your status as a Turkish domestic in the same announcement where you are committing to "a" national team? Only if that commitment puts the status in doubt.

Further: I am not sure the national coach of Turkey would advance a call-up that is months away, or even a friendly call-up if they were to play in January. What? Oh he's in our pool, for future use-- but no national team coach will commit to a roster that way. 

The official CSA roster for January will not be out until the new year, it'll be after the Poutine roster is out. He perfectly well could be prepping Turkey fans for that. 

All this with the comparative prospects of Canada and Turkey to make Qatar well in mind. 

But I could be wrong. 

37 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Funny how it comes down to the article, definite or indefinite. 

I agree with @El Diegothe logic is sound. Why affirm your status as a Turkish domestic in the same announcement where you are committing to "a" national team? Only if that commitment puts the status in doubt.

Further: I am not sure the national coach of Turkey would advance a call-up that is months away, or even a friendly call-up if they were to play in January. What? Oh he's in our pool, for future use-- but no national team coach will commit to a roster that way. 

The official CSA roster for January will not be out until the new year, it'll be after the Poutine roster is out. He perfectly well could be prepping Turkey fans for that. 

All this with the comparative prospects of Canada and Turkey to make Qatar well in mind. 

But I could be wrong. 

You could be, but the wording is very strange (translation?) He originally said he would be making his decision in March, and it has to be between Canada and Turkey, no way his is close to a call from Holland yet, now the date has been advanced to January.  I read the quote from the club to mean that even if he chooses another country he will remain as a Turkish national for club purposes.  I'm sure Herdman has been in touch with the full press on to the benefits of the Canadian program.  Look at Ugbo, Singh etc,