Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

17 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is based on, basically, winning the Gold Cup and qualifying for the WC. But the US has retained their rank even missing the GC. And Mexico, even losing to the US while being higher ranked.

The US has part of their ranking based on playing GC at home.

Plus playing a lot of friendlies.

In Concacaf, winning makes you skyrocket in rankings, as Canada is seeing. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be more accurate rankings of USA and Mexico? @Razcal I'd be curious to hear your thoughts too.

For me, as long as Mexico keeps making it to the round of 16 in every World Cup, I have no problem with them being ranked somewhere between 9 and 16 inclusive. USA doesn't seem to be worse than Mexico, but it's a shame all the games they have played this year have been in USA. We would get a clearer picture if the hosting duties were more equitable.

6 hours ago, Kent said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be more accurate rankings of USA and Mexico? @Razcal I'd be curious to hear your thoughts too.

For me, as long as Mexico keeps making it to the round of 16 in every World Cup, I have no problem with them being ranked somewhere between 9 and 16 inclusive. USA doesn't seem to be worse than Mexico, but it's a shame all the games they have played this year have been in USA. We would get a clearer picture if the hosting duties were more equitable.

I am not an expert enough to say if Mexico's points are still a legacy of making the last WC. 

The US, seems beating Mexico repeatedly, and twice in finals with major points on the line, has helped their ranking. If we'd won GC or Nations League, we'd also probably be ten spots higher. 

I'd say both of them are between 12 and 25. They would not win a group out of UEFA, but could manage a second spot and be in this playoff--that is 11-20--or just miss out, like Norway, Romania, Slovakia, the Czechs. But look at the playoff, and you realise they would be in pot 2. So 15-22.

If we make Qatar ranked higher than 30, that says we should not make it out of a group. So a nice challenge to prove that wrong if it comes along.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Google has him listed as a right back for today's match. I assume that's just a programming error.

That's also the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen him listed there in recent weeks.  I have not watched the games but either it is true or they have made the mistake multiple times.

I love that he can slot into different positions and play at a high level.  Being able to move from an attacking CM to the left side of a midfield trio and then being able to play RB in the same season for a club like Fenerbahce is impressive.

Even though our defensive liabilities have diminished this year it is important to have depth.  Just look ay January where all of our RB's/RCB's are all out of season going into our January Qualifiers.

12 hours ago, Corazon said:

I love that he can slot into different positions and play at a high level.  Being able to move from an attacking CM to the left side of a midfield trio and then being able to play RB in the same season for a club like Fenerbahce is impressive.

Even though our defensive liabilities have diminished this year it is important to have depth.  Just look ay January where all of our RB's/RCB's are all out of season going into our January Qualifiers.

Perfect time to get him to camp would be for Guatemala 

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Perhaps he'd like to make himself available now that Turkey has to go through Portugal and Italy to make Qatar 

Or on the flipside, he has the chance to possibly go up against 2 giants of World Football with Turkey's first qualification in several cycles on the line. That's a pretty exciting challenge...

While nobody would fancy the Turks to go through, they would back themselves. It would be a legendary qualification and accomplishment that he may want to be a part of. 

2 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I don't see why Turkey would call up Ferdi now, hard to trust a total newcomer with such important games

Arguably not the most ideal time to bring in a newcomer, that's true, but he's playing regularly for Fenerbahce and clearly they have great interest in the player. I wouldn't put it past them to make room, despite the high stakes. 

To be fair Ferdi has never indicated he was considering or leaning towards Canada. Herdman has called him up at least twice and he declined the invitations. As @VinceAmentioned above, little connection  (mother) to Canada. I would be more disappointed if Jebbo and Flores don't pick us eventhough Ferdi  could make our lineup now

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

To be fair Ferdi has never indicated he was considering or leaning towards Canada. Herdman has called him up at least twice and he declined the invitations. As @VinceAmentioned above, little connection  (mother) to Canada. I would be more disappointed if Jebbo and Flores don't pick us eventhough Ferdi  could make our lineup now

Yeah, he said he'd make his announcement in March but that's because he was waiting for Holland. I guess he got word from the Dutch that it was a no go or at least that's what many of the tweets are saying on the mackolik twitter page. This may explain why Mitrovic received the call up and a provisional promise of a spot in the January window.

Edited by Sal333