Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Hypothetical question here:

If we get Ferdi but lose Flores, is that overall good?

• Flores arguably has the higher ceiling, is 4 years younger, and we keep him out of a rivals hands
  • Ferdi is playing at a better level right now, is arguably more versatile, and is not "old" despite being older than Flores.

I very much doubt Flores can help us or Mexico for 2022. Ferdi can... playing at a high level and  been a pro for several yrs. Right now I take Ferdi. Who has the higher ceiling? Flores has to make the difficult transition to the pros and that path is fraught with hurdles. Jayden Nelsen looked brilliant in Concacaf WCQ and U17WC including v Brazil but he still has a ways to go to get regular pro minutes. Flores may be better than Jayden but he still has to prove himself at the pro level

Getting Ferdi would be HUGE! We would basically have the midfield engine locked down for the next 5 years. Getting a high profile no. 10 would be great, but we don't need to be Barcelona or Spain. We have the players right now to hit any team in transition with Tajon, David and Davies.

Not to mention we have an equally high promising talent who plays in a similar position with JMR, and he's already made a couple pro appearances.

Edited by PopePouri

Right now Ferdi is a proven commodity in a good European league. He helps us in 2022 and 2026. He’s continuing to develop and will improve.

Flores is a prospect like Dias, he has a long road to get to senior football, get consistent minutes and be a contributor to his club. In 2026, if his development continues upward, he will be a key piece for whoever he chooses.

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I very much doubt Flores can help us or Mexico for 2022. Ferdi can... playing at a high level and  been a pro for several yrs. Right now I take Ferdi. Who has the higher ceiling? Flores has to make the difficult transition to the pros and that path is fraught with hurdles. Jayden Nelsen looked brilliant in Concacaf WCQ and U17WC including v Brazil but he still has a ways to go to get regular pro minutes. Flores may be better than Jayden but he still has to prove himself at the pro level

Funny you mention Nelson.  I still see him as a potential beast for us in the future.  Definitely has things to work on but his ball control is excellent and I think his skillset translates well in a technical footy environment. If he secures a move to Europe I wouldn’t bet against him becoming a key midfielder for us in the years to come.  In that sort of CAM role I would be really interested to see how he compares to some of the other prospects we are monitoring feverishly.  From what I have seen of him, I think he has a ton of potential (still only 19).  

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Funny you mention Nelson.  I still see him as a potential beast for us in the future.  Definitely has things to work on but his ball control is excellent and I think his skillset translates well in a technical footy environment. If he secures a move to Europe I wouldn’t bet against him becoming a key midfielder for us in the years to come.  In that sort of CAM role I would be really interested to see how he compares to some of the other prospects we are monitoring feverishly.  From what I have seen of him, I think he has a ton of potential (still only 19).  

For sure. The point being though that a great youth player very seldom steps directly into the 1st team from youth football without first going on loans to lower leagues etc. Players like Jayden and Flores will probably  be a factor in 2026 onwards 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Watching Larin play them today. Ferdi isnt playing or on the bench. Is he hurt?

According to the google translation of one Turkish article, he suffered an injury in training this week. It may be some sort of ligament tear but the extent of the damage is unknown. They estimate he's out at 5-6 weeks but I imagine that will be revised once more info is available.

Edit: Could also be a muscle injury rather than his ligament.

Edited by Norrin Radd

• 2 weeks later...

Ferdi, who has the right to choose one of the national teams of Turkey, Netherlands and Canada, preferred the crescent-star jersey. Ferdi Kadıoğlu informed his decision to the National Team Coach Stefan Kuntz. Ferdi, who is expected to extend his contract with Fenerbahçe in the near future, will be able to continue to play in the yellow and dark blue team with Turkish status with this decision.

Source: seriousgazete.comhttps://www.ciddigazete.com/spor/ferdi-kadioglu-turkiye-yi-secti-h43778.html

On 10/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, observerTR said:

Long time lurker. I am from Turkey, live in Canada, and am connected to Fenerbahce in various ways at the board level.

Update on Ferdi Kadioglu:

- The front runner is Turkey and there is a lot of pressure being put on him since he is playing there. I have seen some links that were posted here about him not having Turkish citizenship, but he has acquired it and has had it for over a year now. Unfortunately Turkish media is just littered with poor journalism and has no integrity. 

- He obviously wants to play for the Netherlands, but cracking that line-up is difficult so it doesn't sound in play at the moment.

- Canada is being considered, but the odds are quite low this 10 seconds. Keep in mind, Canada has two things going for them. A huge influx of talent in recent years, and automatic qualification of the World Cup in 2026. 

Considering Turkey struggles to qualify for major tournaments on a consistent basis, and the Netherlands has a lot of barriers for him to break the line-up... Canada is definitely not a 0% chance.

Canada is my home, I've coached here for years and see a promising shift to the sport. I do agree with some of the comments above, I don't think anybody should be groveling for any players services, especially if they haven't chosen said nation earlier on. Unfortunately, this sort of baggage comes with talented players that hold multiple citizenship's. Personally, if I were Ferdi, I would choose Canada. You can be part of their up and coming golden generation and a darling dark horse that will certainly be a story in the 2026 World Cup. In parallel, by then he'll be in the prime of his career.

Update here. 

I do see some Turkish media outlets are being quoted. Keep in mind, Turkish media is easily the worst in the world when it comes to reliability. Although he hasn't made an official decision, it sounds like the meeting between Kuntz, Altintop, and his family went well from Friday. As expected, he's very likely to pick Turkey at this point.

Interestingly, it was his form under Vitor Pereira's system as a wing back that provided him a window of opportunity to showcase his talents. Ersun Yanal was the only coach prior to give him some playing time, but as an attacking winger.

With Vitor Pereira gone, a new coach will be brought in with a completely different system as per the request of the President of the club. This is because the 3 defender system under Pereira was wholly unpopular in the country and led to a lot of strong criticism, and eventually his dismissal. The club is now also actively pursuing Fabricio Bustos, and if they do pull off that transfer, it will be a big test for Ferdi to keep his spot, that is if the new manager doesn't try Ferdi somewhere else. Bustos was keen to move to the club in the summer but it was rejected by Independiente. He now has 6 months left in his contract and Fenerbahce is already going through the motions to sign him on a free.

Suffice to say, it will be interesting to see how Ferdi performs under the new boss and where he will play. In the meantime, a big part of me was heartbroken he didn't choose Canada. 

Edited by observerTR

5 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Ferdi, who has the right to choose one of the national teams of Turkey, Netherlands and Canada, preferred the crescent-star jersey. Ferdi Kadıoğlu informed his decision to the National Team Coach Stefan Kuntz. Ferdi, who is expected to extend his contract with Fenerbahçe in the near future, will be able to continue to play in the yellow and dark blue team with Turkish status with this decision.

Source: seriousgazete.comhttps://www.ciddigazete.com/spor/ferdi-kadioglu-turkiye-yi-secti-h43778.html

He preferred the Netherlands but they didnt prefer him. Turkey was second choice. 

2 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

I hope Ferdi enjoys watching Canada from his couch. His loss.

aside from being eligible for a passport, the guy has zero connection to Canada... so lets try to keep things in perspective shall we? Canada was always going to be the last choice if Turkey or The Netherlands rejected him.