The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

One thing worth mentioning is that without Davies we are resigned to right footed set pieces. My preference is to have Eustaquio take all set pieces from both sides anyhow but just interesting in that we will have to hit out-swinging corners from the right (unless Adekugbe can take them).

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

One thing worth mentioning is that without Davies we are resigned to right footed set pieces. My preference is to have Eustaquio take all set pieces from both sides anyhow but just interesting in that we will have to hit out-swinging corners from the right (unless Adekugbe can take them).

Not sure if he’s ever taken corners or would be any good at it but Kaye could theoretically take them.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Yeah, I thought it was a fair assessment by Gomez and Salazar.

HAHA, fair assessment being used about Gomez/Salazar is a something new.  But they were pretty close to the mark with this one.  Opposing teams will have a lot easier time working up a game plan without Davies in the squad, and there wont be the fear of him making a solo 80 yard run on the counter attack that sinks your WC chances.  

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Sooner or later tajon and phonzie are gonna line up against each other in champions league or something, and it's gonna be amazing to watch.

Funny - I am watching the game right now and somewhere around the 52 minute mark Tajon turns on the afterburners to make sure he gets to the ball before the Honduran forward coming back to retrieve it.  He isn’t racing side by side with someone so it is hard to judge relative speed but he sure looked like he was moving at a good clip.  He may not be the roadrunner but he is damn fast.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Funny - I am watching the game right now and somewhere around the 52 minute mark Tajon turns on the afterburners to make sure he gets to the ball before the Honduran forward coming back to retrieve it.  He isn’t racing side by side with someone so it is hard to judge relative speed but he sure looked like he was moving at a good clip.  He may not be the roadrunner but he is damn fast.  

I would venture to say tajon's got better footwork and control at top speeds, but the roadrunner still has half a step in a straight line race. Would be awesome if soccer did "combines" like football, I'd love to see their 40 times.

1 hour ago, johnyb said:

Love this kid, great videos. So is Phonzie in Edmonton or did he fly his Dad out to Munich?

That looks like his streaming setup with Jordyn & Alphonso sign so I’m guessing Germany. I’m glad his dad is there with him, has to be scary for any parent to hear about any severity of heart condition