The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

An article showing the top 10 highest valued players in Europe has Phonzie at 7th spot valued at €122 million. I’m not sure exactly how these numbers were calculated but they are crazy.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-top-10-most-valuable-players-in-europe-vinicius-foden-haaland/#new_tab

Edited by maccaliam
Spelling

4 hours ago, maccaliam said:

An article showing the top 10 highest valued players in Europe has Phonzie at 7th spot valued at €122 million. I’m not sure exactly how these numbers were calculated but they are crazy.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-top-10-most-valuable-players-in-europe-vinicius-foden-haaland/#new_tab

Those numbers are about 50% too high all around. Just saying what I know of values for Barça players. 

They say @80-90 million gets you Haaland. No one can pay 100+ right now. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Those numbers are about 50% too high all around. Just saying what I know of values for Barça players. 

They say @80-90 million gets you Haaland. No one can pay 100+ right now. 

That has to be wrong, Haaland will go for much more. Grealish went for $129.25m in the summer, PSG had a 200 million offer for Mbappe, Lukaku 126.5m, Sancho 93.5m

After years of toiling in B2 in FM having players poached all over, I can tell you that it's almost impossible to sign anyone in Germany without a release clause. As a kid of German immigrant parents, I think it's fair to say you always want an exit strategy. :)

It's odd that the same concept is almost unheard of in England. More so in Spain and Italy if FM is accurate.

1 minute ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

After years of toiling in B2 in FM having players poached all over, I can tell you that it's almost impossible to sign anyone in Germany without a release clause. As a kid of German immigrant parents, I think it's fair to say you always want an exit strategy. :)

It's odd that the same concept is almost unheard of in England. More so in Spain and Italy if FM is accurate.

I believe in Spain it’s a legal requirement to have a release clause. Italy I’m not sure. 

Bild reporting that Phonzie's quarantine should end this Friday which is good news. I'm guessing he probably wouldnt play the Saturday match though. Bayern woud have one match the following Sunday before the international window so Phonzie should be well rested and ready to go

Edited by Floortom

Now we will see what this team is really made of. Thankfully Davies is younger and has a strong heart, but this won't be a fast recovery. Even with the best medicine available they won't risk anything when it comes to the ticker. I feel for the kid, I had heart issues at the same age and it took a good year to get comfortable with light physical activity while medicated. I can see why Aguero decided it wasn't worth continuing. Obviously I'm just spitballing from my desk, but if be happy if he just makes it to the World Cup, WCQ seem way too soon to me....but I ain't a MD

3 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Now we will see what this team is really made of. Thankfully Davies is younger and has a strong heart, but this won't be a fast recovery. Even with the best medicine available they won't risk anything when it comes to the ticker. I feel for the kid, I had heart issues at the same age and it took a good year to get comfortable with light physical activity while medicated. I can see why Aguero decided it wasn't worth continuing. Obviously I'm just spitballing from my desk, but if be happy if he just makes it to the World Cup, WCQ seem way too soon to me....but I ain't a MD

They’re calling it “mild” so I wouldn’t go that far. In any event hoping for the best for his health first and foremost. 

I’m sure he would be gutted to miss the next round but I believe in this team. We’ve already played our most dominant match without Davies in WCQ. Plus we’ve seen a team missing a mix of Davies, David, Cavallini, Eustaquio, Larin, Borjan and Vitoria take it to the USA and Mexico. I have no doubt we can do this. 

17 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Just read the medical analysis I posted, it is not so hard, otherwise you are just posting speculative BS 

Summary:

viruses can cause myocarditis, which is an inflammation of the heart muscle. 

As they say his is mild, that suggests he does not have pain or other associated symptoms in worse cases. If he had no complaints, they saw this in a routine test after a training session, which we have to be pleased they did.

There is some evidence of further problems with younger men, especially teen, namely pericarditis, inflammation around the heart, but there is no word of this being his case. There is also some evidence of vaccines causing mild myocarditis and pericarditis, especially amongst younger men, in the week after, but this is not his case.

What is usually prescribed is rest, for this inflammation to do down. Diet shifts can also be recommended. There are also drug options, including antiobiotic and corticosteroid, but as they don't mention these being confidential, of course, so we don't know what treatment plan he is on other than not training.

It need not have long-term effects.

If they say a 2-week rest, which takes us up to the international window, then he'd likely miss our qualifiers this round. It may be best to go into this without thinking of him, so whoever is on the pitch knows they have to pick up the slack.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If they say a 2-week rest, which takes us up to the international window, then he'd likely miss our qualifiers this round. It may be best to go into this without thinking of him, so whoever is on the pitch knows they have to pick up the slack.

Great point here.  Assuming he’s out, from a team perspective (of course him being healthy is priority #1), you’d rather it be settled and allow the team to move on.  Huge blow, but not crippling.  I still expect us to win our games with the talent we have.