The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

43 minutes ago, theaub said:

I read that quote as 'we'll do the tests after four weeks but there's the chance he will be out longer if anything shows up.'  I don't think there's any new information yet.

That's what google translate says as well:

https://fcbinside.de/2022/02/03/nagelsmann-gibt-entwarnung-bei-alphonso-davies-er-wird-bald-zurueckkommen/

"According to Nagelsmann, he recently spoke personally to the Canadian: "Alphonso Davies is basically fine, I spoke to him last week. Of course it's a bit boring for him. However, the Bayern head coach did not give a specific date: "Once the 4-week period has been reached, further investigations will follow. Then we'll see what the imaging reveals.""

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

https://fcbinside.de/2022/02/03/nagelsmann-gibt-entwarnung-bei-alphonso-davies-er-wird-bald-zurueckkommen/

"According to Nagelsmann, he recently spoke personally to the Canadian: "Alphonso Davies is basically fine, I spoke to him last week. Of course it's a bit boring for him. However, the Bayern head coach did not give a specific date: "Once the 4-week period has been reached, further investigations will follow. Then we'll see what the imaging reveals.""

I mean, its not like we didn't all know this watching him celebrate Canadian goals all over twitch 😂

8 hours ago, narduch said:

Fuck

8 hours ago, theaub said:

I read that quote as 'we'll do the tests after four weeks but there's the chance he will be out longer if anything shows up.'  I don't think there's any new information yet.

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Thank you to those who clarified. Highlights why it's worth vetting a tweet before posting.

20 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Not to fan the flames, because I really don’t think we should read anything into it, but Davies didn’t live stream the game last night. I assume it was just because it was super late/early in Germany though.

I assume so too but I find it odd he’s had no reaction on Twitter to the win. 

12 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Not to fan the flames, because I really don’t think we should read anything into it, but Davies didn’t live stream the game last night. I assume it was just because it was super late/early in Germany though.

I was up at 3am, and did not get to bed until 6 am, slept to 11, then back at it. Lucky it's winter break. 

Anyone taking care of their health like Phonsie would have to be careful to not push things, frankly I am still a bit wasted.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:56 PM, footballfreak said:

Maybe he got bad news and didn't feel like streaming. Hearing he is out until April at least. I wonder if that means a new xray is still showing myocarditis.

9 minutes ago, clamlinguine said:

Maybe he got bad news and didn't feel like streaming. Hearing he is out until April at least. I wonder if that means a new xray is still showing myocarditis.

They haven't done a new xray yet:

https://www.cp24.com/sports/bayern-munich-says-alphonso-davies-is-fine-but-bored-as-he-recovers-from-myocarditis-1.5766260

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Yes, you must be correct. The article I saw that was less optimistic was also released on Thursday, so they must not have had any extra info for their forecast.

Edited by clamlinguine

3 hours ago, Sal333 said:

It's one of two things with Herc. Either he's vying for the support of all those new Canadian soccer fans swarming onto the net OR he knows soccer.

I think he knows soccer.

Not so sure. He was/has been an ardent Canada hater for a long time. I remember him basically laughing at our team when we beat them in 2019. And even recently he was saying Canada without Davies was 'toothless' or something like that.

He's coming around I guess, but it's taken a while.

35 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Not so sure. He was/has been an ardent Canada hater for a long time. I remember him basically laughing at our team when we beat them in 2019. And even recently he was saying Canada without Davies was 'toothless' or something like that.

He's coming around I guess, but it's taken a while.

He calls it like he sees it. Our old teams were laughable to be quite honest. We were awful for a long time. I’m not sure why he was expected to have respect for a team that couldn’t even make the hex. Now that we’re good, he’s pumping our tires as he should.

7 hours ago, Sal333 said:

It's one of two things with Herc. Either he's vying for the support of all those new Canadian soccer fans swarming onto the net OR he knows soccer.

I think he knows soccer.

I think its a bit of both.  He did play professionally briefly in Canada (TFC) and from what i recall having read,  he seems to have enjoy his experience.  

Edited by Free kick