Scott Kennedy

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

https://www.n-tv.de/regionales/bayern/WM-Aus-fuer-Regensburgs-Innenverteidiger-Scott-Kennedy-article23683989.html

It's serious. Coach says he'll be out for months. Our first confirmed WC absence it seems.

Just awful. Scott definitely would have helped us. I wish him a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I am sure I speak for every forum member when I send my best wishes to Scott ( and his family @Ian Kennedy )  .

The rest of Canada sadly won't get the chance to see him on the biggest stage at the World Cup, but we the die-hard fans know who got us qualified and brought us to this point.

Rest and recovery and hopefully we will see Scott during the March window. 💪

He's quickly become my favourite story on this team. Showed so much determination to climb as far as he has. Really sad turn of events 

I think TSN needs to hire more soccer writers on their website staff rather than whoever the hockey writer who wrote this:

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/scott-kennedy-team-canada-fifa-qatar-shoulder-injury-1.1870390

Headline is "Kennedy, defenceman for Team Canada's FIFA roster, injured in club match", while the article mentions "Kennedy appeared in eight games for Team Canada in the last two years, though he did not register any goals." Thanks for adding the negative caveat, what's next - pointing out that Crepeau hasn't scored any goals yet for Canada? How about mentioning the number of clean sheets the team got when Kennedy played instead.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think TSN needs to hire more soccer writers on their website staff rather than whoever the hockey writer who wrote this:

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/scott-kennedy-team-canada-fifa-qatar-shoulder-injury-1.1870390

Headline is "Kennedy, defenceman for Team Canada's FIFA roster, injured in club match", while the article mentions "Kennedy appeared in eight games for Team Canada in the last two years, though he did not register any goals." Thanks for adding the negative caveat, what's next - pointing out that Crepeau hasn't scored any goals yet for Canada? How about mentioning the number of clean sheets the team got when Kennedy played instead.

It's not right, but mainstream coverage is normally pretty cringe. 

soooooooooooooo disappointing ... been following this lad and was truly pleased to see him come out of a not-first-tier league to show us all that talent lies in many dark corners ...

I picked this comment off another site...

Feel awful for Kennedy having said that I would feel great if he ended up at tfc somehow..massive upgrade from macnaughton and 100 times better than o neill

10 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I would have started him.  Big loss.  

Pressure's fully on Miller now.  

Wait why? He was always the projected starter.

There won’t be any pressure on the backup in Cornelius either as he’s played more games than Kennedy.

Kennedy's always seemed to be a more polished pro to me.  More stable.  Less errors.  I don't think Miller could hold down a starting spot in the B2.  But they're really close in terms of ability, it's really a matter of preference.  I really wonder why Herdman thinks Miller is a better pair for Vitoria, given Kennedy's blazing speed, I'm sure he has his reasons.  Anyway both have their strengths and their faults so it's fine.  Miller has more experience under Herdman so I expected Herdman to start him anyway.   

I really liked watching Kennedy when he played for us.  He seemed confident on the ball, and I thought he was so steady and reliable.  Not sure how he will look if I rewatch them, but I thought he was excellent.  I would have him as our number three, but I realise that perhaps Coach didn't.  He is an excellent piece of our team and I look forward to him playing more of a role going forward, as I imagine that Vitoria will likely be done after the tournament.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

^ I can remember a few glaring errors from Kennedy, including a poor giveaway against USA in Nashville leading directly to their goal. I'd hesitate to call him steady, or at least more steady than Miller.

It wasn't so much the giveaway on the USA goal, but the way that he half-assed on tracking back. For a guy with his pace, he should have easily gotten back into a goal-side position on Aaronsen rather than giving him a free tap-in. He also almost scored a glorious own-goal in the first half of the same game.

That being said, I'm not going to condemn any one player for a few bad moments. Gutted for him that he's going to miss the World Cup.

38 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It wasn't so much the giveaway on the USA goal, but the way that he half-assed on tracking back. For a guy with his pace, he should have easily gotten back into a goal-side position on Aaronsen rather than giving him a free tap-in. He also almost scored a glorious own-goal in the first half of the same game.

That being said, I'm not going to condemn any one player for a few bad moments. Gutted for him that he's going to miss the World Cup.

If memory serves, he was injured on the play and was taken off immediately afterwards which probably why he couldn’t track back 

9 minutes ago, An Observer said:

If memory serves, he was injured on the play and was taken off immediately afterwards which probably why he couldn’t track back 

Well, that would definitely excuse it. He's never struck me as a player who shirked his duty to his teammates, so an injury would explain it in that instance.

41 minutes ago, canadave said:

Kennedy really felt like a calm and stabilizing presence. This is a big loss. 

Its a big loss as he apparently was training with Canada in the middle of the back 3, as a back up for Vitoria.  I guess Cornelius may be able to fill in there

36 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Its a big loss as he apparently was training with Canada in the middle of the back 3, as a back up for Vitoria.  I guess Cornelius may be able to fill in there

I honestly expect Waterman to get called up now. Cornelius will back up Miller and Waterman will back up Johnston and possibly Vitoria/Henry.