Stephen Eustaquio

On 7/7/2022 at 7:16 AM, narduch said:

They are only in Pot 1 because UEFA changed how the seeding works. Its not based on club coefficient anymore. The top 7 leagues have their champion go to pot 1.

Its the same reason Lille was in Pot 1 last year.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:22 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Didn't realize that. So true, but they're still a powerhouse. Probably the best team out of the big five leagues in Europe. 

The Pot 1 seeding will probably lead to an improved coefficient though, as they'll in theory face weaker teams in their group. So it will feed back on itself a bit.

And yeah, I was thinking that if there's a club outside the "Big 5" leagues that might still be able to win the Champions League, Porto would be one of the favorites. 

4 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

The Pot 1 seeding will probably lead to an improved coefficient though, as they'll in theory face weaker teams in their group. So it will feed back on itself a bit.

And yeah, I was thinking that if there's a club outside the "Big 5" leagues that might still be able to win the Champions League, Porto would be one of the favorites. 

To be fair they would be in Pot 2 the old way. So they would get a decent draw anyways probably.

45 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah he played the first half, that’s awesome. Not sure if that’s the A squad or B team or if Porto mixed starters and bench/depth guys.

Had a hard time finding the starting squad. Assuming what I saw was correct, it was for sure a mixed team.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

89 for Eustaquio?!? What is he doing at a poverty club like Porto and not in the prem?

(i have played FIFA a total of like 3 times in my life, no clue if that’s an elite rating or not lol)

It has something to do with FUT and is not his actual rating in the game.

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

89 for Eustaquio?!? What is he doing at a poverty club like Porto and not in the prem?

(i have played FIFA a total of like 3 times in my life, no clue if that’s an elite rating or not lol)

Lol.  I played a Career Mode with Bayern, bought him and played him a ton and he ‘grew’ above 80… for some reason ‘big clubs’ like Barca & ManCity wanted to buy him… so u never know.

Edited by TOcanadafan

Started the game today: Porto hosting Monaco.  

Porto are playing what mostly looks like 442 defending, and a bit more like 433 in possession.  Stephen has been playing well. He’s partnered with Uribe in the middle CM(L) and when Porto are attacking it seems Uribe has been the one to drop back and have more defensive responsibilities.  So that’s allowed Stephen to be active, make some good runs and get some shots from distance off.  
Still 0-0 at half with the players coming back on the field now.