Stephen Eustaquio

Here are some of the comments I'm reading from FC Porto's Reddit.  All the quotes are roughly translated from Portuguese.  It is almost non stop praising of Eustaquio and Pepe with Taremi and a few others being heavily criticized.

"Once again we were the better team, Pepe & Eustaquio did not deserve this"

"Pepe & Eustaquio were the best players today"

"On the bright side, hopefully this means more starts for Eustaquio"

"The only advantage today, was the display of Eustaquio"

"The only positive of this game is that Eustaquio should start in our midfield alongside Uribe"

"At least Eustaquio seems more and more like an option"

"I really like Galeno, Eustaquio & Uribe"

Edited by Corazon

Bittersweet game as a Porto and Canada fan. Tough way to lose but man watching Eustaquio play always puts a smile on my face. Very smart player always making the right decisions and instructing his team mates where to position themselves. 1 or 2 giveaways but overall I felt like he was Portos second best player behind Pepe. 

Also, appears Otavio may be out for some time with a rib injury so this will probably mean more minutes for Stephen (which he’s deserved tbh)

1 hour ago, Metro said:

Question for the Porto supporters: if Grujic was healthy, would Eustaquio have started on the bench?

I think so, but only because I think Grujic is a more defensive minded midfielder which I think Conceicao would have preferred in a match vs Atletico away. I do think Eustaquio has stepped up in Grujic's absence though and has without a doubt passed Bruno Costa on the midfield depth chart. 

Conceicao does have his favourites though, so if Eustaquio can keep doing what is asked of him and at a high level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a consistent starter as the season goes on

4 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Between him and Pepe (CB) for Porto's best player. Shame to give up the late goal like that, they looked at or above Atletico's level when Taremi's idiotic dive and red card put them down a man.

I just watched some extended highlights. From one angle it looks like Taremi was hard done by for that call. It looks like he stepped on the defender's foot and that's when he went down. Video should be queued up here (it's at like 6 minutes in if the queueing doesn't work).

Whoever's behind the camera knows what's what. Close up of Vitoria and then of Eustaquio right before kickoff🇨🇦👀🇨🇦

edit: If you get a chance you need to catch this game (or any Porto match) on GOLTV, English. The announcer is non-stop entertainment. He's called our boy "Steve-O" since day one.

Edited by PegCityCam

man, I still 100% believe Eustaquio has been Herdman's greatest coup for the CMNT. What a career this guy has had so far, and I think Porto will just be a stepping zone, because if he shines in Qatar he is 100% moving to a top 5 league. IMO Eustaquio is the embodiment of what Herdman has transformed the CMNT into.

8 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

man, I still 100% believe Eustaquio has been Herdman's greatest coup for the CMNT. What a career this guy has had so far, and I think Porto will just be a stepping zone, because if he shines in Qatar he is 100% moving to a top 5 league. IMO Eustaquio is the embodiment of what Herdman has transformed the CMNT into.

Eustaquio just keeps proving himself. I'm very happy to have him with Canada. Porto is not a bad destination though. They're a bigger club than many in the top 5.