Stephen Eustaquio

Listen, this guy never has to do another thing after he said "Even if we didn't qualify, I made the best decision in my life to come play for Canada" 

Those simple words could be as impactful as Davies speaking at the FIFA World Congress.

After enduring all the Hos and JDG2s and their sagas over the decades Eustacquio gets a lifetime free pass from me.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

16 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Listen, this guy never has to do another thing after he said "Even if we didn't qualify, I made the best decision in my life to come play for Canada" 

Those simple words could be as impactful as Davies speaking at the FIFA World Congress.

After enduring all the Hos and JDG2s and their sagas over the decades Eustacquio gets a lifetime free pass from me.

And in no way questioning his commitment but we may have gotten a bit lucky in terms of the way things evolved - the transfer to Mexico, the injury, etc.  A guy playing for Porto a couple of years earlier might have been much more on the radar for the Portuguese national team and he may have had a tougher decision.  

Way too early, but it's crazy to me that Eustaquio is starting a Champions League game. I've been high on him for a long time, but I honestly thought that this might happen next year, if anything, that he'd be extremely slowly eased into the lineup. Everything can change, especially for the worst, but going from bottom of the bench, to regular sub, to starting a game and playing well, to starting a game against Atletico Madrid in like 8 months is crazy. Well done.

On Eustaquio, I am also not watching (couldn't find the time, unfortunately), but he seems to be doing well by all accounts. Count me amongst those who were pleasantly surprised he got the start. Doesn't seem like he's hurting his case today.

Might have to watch the replay of this one later on....

1 minute ago, Cowtown Kyle said:

He almost just scored from top of box a few mins ago! He one-time volleyed a ball just off the ground and put it wide about a foot or so.

You can see his confidence growing in this game. Very impressive performance on the road against Atletico

This is what is most exciting to see from our young-ish players: taking their opportunities and growing when they go up a level. That is a sign of an excellent mindset and significant talent.  Stephen's growth will benefit us massively going forward.