Stephen Eustaquio

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Glad he is on the bench for that first half.  At least he can’t be blamed.  Def don’t want them to lose but an underwhelming performance could see the coach shake things up a bit and you never know - Staq could be a beneficiary of that sort of thing.  

Fingers crossed for this. Not sure why he never starts. 

18 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

What a beautiful run and assist. Could have scored himself.

I imagined him waltzing and weaving past defenders when I read this (which really isn't his game, so I don't know why I thought that). Instead, it was just a lung-bursting run out of midfield to get onto a thru-ball, then a one-timed dink over to Galeno for the finish.

I don't know if "beautiful" is the adjective I would choose, but it was definitely some good work and was very much classic Eustaquio!

Even though this is in Portuguese, I thought some you guys might enjoy this vid:

https://www.ojogo.pt/multimedia/videos/eustaquio-escolhe-cinco-ideal-e-brinca-posso-ser-o-treinador-assim-faco-alguma-coisa-15138626.html

It's a fun bit called Eu + 4 (Me + 4)

They're asking him to choose a five-a-side team, and then he has to pick which of those teammates would perform certain tasks like manage the team, captain, take FK's, control music in the locker room, etc.

I know it is stating the blatantly obvious, but at 25 years old this guy was a massive get for our program.  I just browsed through the first 10 pages or so of this thread and it is interesting to reassess the gnashing of teeth we had now that we know it had a happy ending.  

Edited by dyslexic nam