Stephen Eustaquio

Since joining Pacos in 2020, he has featured in 11 of the 14 games (starting most of those).  He has played in all 3 games since the league resumed and started in both games they've won in June.

When signed in the fall, Pacos were in relegation.  Currently they sit 7 points above relegation with 7 games remaining.  5 teams ahead of them within 2 points as well.

52 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Since joining Pacos in 2020, he has featured in 11 of the 14 games (starting most of those).  He has played in all 3 games since the league resumed and started in both games they've won in June.

When signed in the fall, Pacos were in relegation.  Currently they sit 7 points above relegation with 7 games remaining.  5 teams ahead of them within 2 points as well.

With Eustaquio playing in Portugal in Primiera Liga, I sure hope he moves to a bigger club like Porto, Benfica or Sporting Lisbon

I think Sporting Braga could be a realistic move.

They are ahead of Sporting Lisbon right now, but historically they are the "best of the rest" outside the top 3. They also manage to find there way into European competition more often than not. Rangers beat them in this years Europa League knockouts. 

I am not saying a move to Sporting Lisbon, Porto or Benfica is impossible. What I am thinking is that Braga could be more realistic and provide the same exposure, more or less, not to mention game time should be easier to find (in theory).

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think Sporting Braga could be a realistic move.

They are ahead of Sporting Lisbon right now, but historically they are the "best of the rest" outside the top 3. They also manage to find there way into European competition more often than not. Rangers beat them in this years Europa League knockouts. 

I am not saying a move to Sporting Lisbon, Porto or Benfica is impossible. What I am thinking is that Braga could be more realistic and provide the same exposure, more or less, not to mention game time should be easier to find (in theory).

Well yeah but if he is on a club like Sporting, Porto or Benfica...he will get just as much if not more exposure because those 3 clubs especially in Portugal are the "elite" clubs to be on. I mean I watch Portuguese league football and if he were to end up on any of those 3 clubs, he would have the potential to one day play Champions League football and isn't that what we want for him at the end of the day?

13 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Well yeah but if he is on a club like Sporting, Porto or Benfica...he will get just as much if not more exposure because those 3 clubs especially in Portugal are the "elite" clubs to be on. I mean I watch Portuguese league football and if he were to end up on any of those 3 clubs, he would have the potential to one day play Champions League football and isn't that what we want for him at the end of the day?

Yes it is, but I think he could also move to a club like Braga first. The step up is not as big and he would play more (in theory).

It is kind of like Jonathan David. Sure, he could move to Bayern Munich, one of the best clubs in the world, but he is better off taking the smaller step up to a team like RB Leipzig, where he will play more. I am sure you agree with that.

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yes it is, but I think he could also move to a club like Braga first. The step up is not as big and he would play more (in theory).

It is kind of like Jonathan David. Sure, he could move to Bayern Munich, one of the best clubs in the world, but he is better off taking the smaller step up to a team like RB Leipzig, where he will play more. I am sure you agree with that.

Yes I can but that is only if he moves to Braga

8 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

I wonder what would have happened if he never went to Mexico.  At the end of 2018 he was linked with Sporting, Betis, Man City, and even Barcelona.  Then the Portuguese coach at Cruz Azul snagged him and his knee snaps in game 1.

He's still relatively young, playing at a good level, and his career is trending in the right direction.

Edited by LeoH037
typo

On 6/18/2020 at 10:34 AM, TGAA_Star said:

Yes I can but that is only if he moves to Braga

Canadian dual national of Portuguese heritage bouncing back from a very serious injury while playing...at Braga? What could go wrong?!? ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

20 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Eustaquio is a player. He is a great addition and will force Piette to get better or lose his spot.  And If Fraser ever gets to play, (flipping Covid,) we will have very solid quality at CDM.  And if Hutch gives us another year or 2... just need a couple of CB’s to step up.

Piette may get phased out of the national team soon but who knows. I mean if he can have a great season for the Impact in MLS he might just keep his spot. But then you also have Fraser and Mark Anthony Kaye there too can't forget about him at CDM.

23 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Eustaquio is a player. He is a great addition and will force Piette to get better or lose his spot.  And If Fraser ever gets to play, (flipping Covid,) we will have very solid quality at CDM.  And if Hutch gives us another year or 2... just need a couple of CB’s to step up.

Our midfield is much better than people (like clueless redditors) realize, it really is just a matter of our back line not sucking. 

It sucks that we have multiple CBs that are at least MLS starter level  in Henry, Cornelius, Miller, James, Vitoria, possibly Waterman/Zator/Didic or even Atiba yet no one is a clear #1. There’s a bit of depth if someone gets hurt but all these guys still scare us when they’re out there. At least our core is generally still young enough that one or two CBs can eventually emerge and we’ll still have a solid team around then. 

10 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Our midfield is much better than people (like clueless redditors) realize, it really is just a matter of our back line not sucking. 

It sucks that we have multiple CBs that are at least MLS starter level  in Henry, Cornelius, Miller, James, Vitoria, possibly Waterman/Zator/Didic or even Atiba yet no one is a clear #1. There’s a bit of depth if someone gets hurt but all these guys still scare us when they’re out there. At least our core is generally still young enough that one or two CBs can eventually emerge and we’ll still have a solid team around then. 

And really out of that bunch probably only 2 are real proven MLS level starters.  The national team spots are there for a youngster to win...somebody needs to up their game.  

14 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And really out of that bunch probably only 2 are real proven MLS level starters.  The national team spots are there for a youngster to win...somebody needs to up their game.  

For me, outside of Cornelius, CB is wide open to whoever steps up. Vitoria would be my favorite 2nd as of now but if that doesn't motivate Waterman/Didic/Zator to step up, I don't know what will. The potential is there.

I think Cornelius still have room to grow and I'd like him to try Europe again, he's very young.

I just don't see James there unless we have a wave of injuries.

Miller could do it but needs more minutes at Orlando. Good guy to bring for depth.

Henry has a lot to prove. I need to see him being reliable CONSISTENTLY before seeing him start with CanMNT but he should be there for depth.

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

For me, outside of Cornelius, CB is wide open to whoever steps up. Vitoria would be my favorite 2nd as of now but if that doesn't motivate Waterman/Didic/Zator to step up, I don't know what will. The potential is there.

I think Cornelius still have room to grow and I'd like him to try Europe again, he's very young.

I just don't see James there unless we have a wave of injuries.

Miller could do it but needs more minutes at Orlando. Good guy to bring for depth.

Henry has a lot to prove. I need to see him being reliable CONSISTENTLY before seeing him start with CanMNT but he should be there for depth.

Henry has been MVP, on the team of the week, and one of the standout players since his move to Suwon. Seeing as were thin at CB, and Vitoria hasnt been playing since the restart, id like to think Henry gets the auto start until some of the younger guys like Miller and Waterman can get more reps

edit: i do agree that Cornelius is the other starter as well

Edited by N1ckbr0wn