Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I'm really interested to see what Cruz Azul does. Considering the issues they are facing right now you would think they'd sell him but if players leave the club they could end up needing him. I expect he'll have suitors in Portugal including Pacos.

I hope he stays at Pacos, he seems to fit in well, and playing in Portugal will always expose him to other bigger European clubs (including the top of the table Portuguese teams). Eustaquio has another gear to him, and it's a shame he has not had the opportunity to showcase his abilities with the CMNT so he is still a relatively unknown. But he will get his chance, and when he does a lot of folk will realize what a big deal him choosing to play for Canada was. He's some player.

I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen from him. I also think Cruz Azul will want to sell him, not sure if Pacos will get first option to buy, they should be interested considering they were a bottom feeder without him and are mid table with him. I’m sure the big clubs in Portugal will be interested and I wonder if Wolverhampton might be sniffing around considering their Portuguese manager and large number of players from that country. As well, they will be playing in Europe again next season and need to bring in some guys who can play. They have a very small squad and need the depth.

On all the highlights of his games that I have seen, other than his solid tackling, he has the ability to quickly move the ball under pressure with accurate short and long passing. He is very good with the ball at his feet and positioning his body to win the ball. A very different player to Piette. He is going to supercharge our transition game on the counter.

I feel he plays and runs with such arrogance, he gives off this vibe like he knows he's quicker, better and smarter than the guy facing him.  His gait and heads up play is really impressive.  Totally different player and style, but his arrogance and posture reminds me of Pirlo's attitude.

Man I really hope this guy stays healthy!  Can't wait to see more from him....

I’m so glad he’s finally getting regular play time and looks good after the injury lay-off. It was frustrating when he came back from injury and couldn’t get playing time with Cruz Azul.

I hope he can move to a top 4 league soon. Right now his situation in Portugal is good but he should be the best candidate beside David to move up right now. 

I think I am still largely going on the pre-commitment hype surrounding him, but I have had huge hopes for this guy right from the start. Aside from the double D’s this is the next guy I think of when I consider our future potential to be a real threat on the pitch.  Still young, obviously talented, and it seems like his kind of skill set can get better with time.  He could be on the upswing for another 5 or 6 years - and that would be massive for us.   A huge piece of the puzzle.   Fingers crossed.  

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think I am still largely going on the pre-commitment hype surrounding him, but I have had huge hopes for this guy right from the start. Aside from the double D’s this is the next guy I think of when I consider our future potential to be a real threat on the pitch.  Still young, obviously talented, and it seems like his kind of skill set can get better with time.  He could be on the upswing for another 5 or 6 years - and that would be massive for us.   A huge piece of the puzzle.   Fingers crossed.  

Other than David, I see Eustaquio as another player playing in a top 5 European league in the short future (It appears he himself is not to keen to return to Cruz Azul). He is silently carving out a very good career trajectory.

Edited by LeoH037
typo

11 hours ago, Lansdude said:

BTW Pacos play league leaders Porto on Monday at 4:15 p.m. Tough assignment; I'd like to see how well they resist Porto's attack. Would think Eustaquio is an auto-start.

Might be worth some spare curiosity if you have the means. Nothing else particularly interesting going on that day soccer-wise.

I support Porto so I'm looking forward to this. Did score against us in the past and has had big performances against the bigger sides before. Was motm against Benfica when he was playing for Chaves. Best performance I ever saw him play easily. So hopefully he continues that momentum.

If anybody else plans on watching, be warned. Assuming the trend continues, Porto games are veerrrryyyy boring this year. Especially after the long break. You may see a lot of back passing with very little chances through out.

2 hours ago, Reign said:

Yeah this guy is good! Can’t wait to see him in red again. He could be massive in generating a strong counter. 

Seeing those first touch long passes of him, which seem to be a habit, I could see him suddenly setting up a guy like Davies for a sudden counter