Stephen Eustaquio

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It may not be that common but I don’t find it odd.  These guys are footy players first, but they are also brand promoters (their own) and PR machines.  Recognition is a big deal in pro sports so it isn’t surprising that he promotes himself.  

His ties to Cruz Azul are tenuous, and he's coming off of a loan stint. I don't blame him. 

Personally, against top sides in Concacaf like Mexico and the US (especially away), I would play 3 up front with Davies David and one of Tabla, Millar or Hoilett. If either Tabla or Miller can break out in the next year or two, that would give you an incredibly fast front 3 which would be devastating on the counter; then I would play a 3 in midfield of Arfield or Osorio (as a 10) with Eustaquio and Kaye behind.  I think that midfield would be good at closing down the attack but also good a countering quickly.  We could then play a Miller at LB for defensive purposes.

For the rest of Concacaf, I would play Cavallini or Larin up front depending who is on form, with Hoilett and Tabla/Millar on the wings, drop David to 10, and Davies to LB to give him more space; and play in the midfield behind David 2 of Arfield, Kaye, Osorio and Eustaquio depending on your needs given the opponent.

Personally, I think Piette now drops to the bench based on the midfield we have although I could see him coming in to play beside Eustaquio if we are playing an opponent who is similar strength to us but has an effective number 10 in the middle who we would almost want Piette to man mark out of the match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Was he that good this year that a top team like Braga would be interested in him ?

not sure what the market for him is tbh

Unfortunately I don't think so, unless he is being brought in as a depth piece. It is too bad he can't move on a free.

His contract goes until the end of 2021.

35 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Didn't Montreal try to acquire him in the off-season? Maybe the fee will be lower now with the shorter remaining contract and loss of value.

Eustaquio at Montreal would be awesome especially because he would be playing with Piette and Tabla

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Unfortunately I don't think so, unless he is being brought in as a depth piece. It is too bad he can't move on a free.

His contract goes until the end of 2021.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he could play for a team like Braga. His value was pretty high before his injury, hence a club like Cruz Azul wanting him in the first place. He just helped bring Pacos from relegation territory to mid table, so it’s not like he’s in bad form.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he could play for a team like Braga. His value was pretty high before his injury, hence a club like Cruz Azul wanting him in the first place. He just helped bring Pacos from relegation territory to mid table, so it’s not like he’s in bad form.

It's quite clear that Pacos were shit and staring relegation in the face before he arrived in mid-season, but cruised to mid-table safety once he was in the team. I don't know whom else was signed in the January window who might also take some of the credit, but the upturn in form was remarkable. He'll be an attractive prospect for many teams, I'd think.

Hard to remember but only two years ago, he was an important part of the Portugal U21 Euro Cup qualifying squad.  Playing alongside players such as Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid), Rafael Leao (AC Milan), Diogo Jota (Wolves). Gedson (Tottenham), Vinagre (Wolves).

So for him to be a main reason for the turnaround in Pacos season is not that far fetched.  

He's by far our best #6 IMO, it's not even close. 

I love Piette also, we need both him, Piette and Fraser this cycle to be honest. 

There will be times we might need 2 CDM ( on road vs strong athletic Caribbean countries) or just one bulldog like Piette. 

I'm really happy to see Eustaquio get in minutes and come back into form. In my second opinion, he has not even come close to his ceiling yet. 

5 hours ago, apbsmith said:

He's by far our best #6 IMO, it's not even close. 

I love Piette also, we need both him, Piette and Fraser this cycle to be honest. 

There will be times we might need 2 CDM ( on road vs strong athletic Caribbean countries) or just one bulldog like Piette. 

I'm really happy to see Eustaquio get in minutes and come back into form. In my second opinion, he has not even come close to his ceiling yet. 

I hope he can get another loan (better yet a permanent transfer) to another side in a div A top European League (even Pacos will do nicely again). He's clearly show he has the quality for it.